Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Bonneville By By

bmk58bmk58 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Pontiac
What do you suppose Pontiac will do to replace the Bonneville? The G8 is a Grand Prix, but no large sedan???

Comments

• Options
    maurerush2112maurerush2112 Member Posts: 9
    we just bought 02 SLE wonderful car!
    dealer told me that the g8 is the replacement for bonneville. such a sorry [non-permissible content removed] replacement. all those "g-class" cars have ZERO class in the style dept. such a shame. only hope is that when the 09 impala is released they bring a similar styled bonneville back with it
  • Options
    mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    GM found that there isn't enough of a market to support production of a full-size sedan, thus there is no intention of replacing the Bonneville. I think their hope is that someone who might have considered a Bonneville-type vehicle will look at the G8. Truth is that Bonneville buyers were few and far between and it wasn't all attributable to the car itself.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    GM has the Lucerne and LaCrosse that are replacements for cars like the Bonneville.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    bmk58bmk58 Member Posts: 2
    My dealer (New England) says the rear wheel, V8 will be a dud here..traction in winter. I agree. Have owned 3 Bonnevilles for past 10 years, and others rear and front. The Buick "replacement" is a nice old man's car with really poor handling and has no "sport car" appeal. Grand Prix next to go, I hear with another G6...now what do I do with my GM card earnins??
    BruceK
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    >"replacement" is a nice old man's car with really poor handling and has no "sport car" appeal.

Whatever.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

This discussion has been closed.