Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    The A5 and S5 are still selling quite well. There might be a few A5's in stock @ dealers, but S5's are still tough to find and you have to order them a majority of the time.

There are no deals on the cars, either special financing or lease rates. People buy because they want them.
  • mssurreymssurrey Member Posts: 59
    In that case, the S5 must be the only model that IS selling in the US because GM, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus, Infinity, BMW, Mercedes, Aston martin, Bentley, etc etc are all DOWN !

There are at least 20 S5's for sale on the net. Perhaps they're not selling as well as you think. And ''offers'' are now being accepted on the A5 (as was the case when i contacted a dealer last week).
  • cutter123icutter123i Member Posts: 2
    I have waited for 5 months for delivery and was told by the dealer that they would buy the S5 back used at a higher price than I paid.
  • rockshocka1rockshocka1 Member Posts: 310
    Until the arrival of the S5 I ordered in August. I suppose to keep my spirits high, Audi sent me a gift. It could be the sole of a racing shoe for the right foot, or maybe an odor-eater... :confuse:
  • goldendragon18goldendragon18 Member Posts: 15
    I dont know about the rest of the country but in the DC area, there are many A5s on the lot and quite a few S5s.

With teh market at this time of the year. I was wondering what type of deals I could get. What type of "offers" are they willing to take?
  • AudiS5AudiS5 Member Posts: 4
    Hello to you all. I am currently 22 years old looking to make my purchase of a new car within the year. I have had my sights set on an Audi S5 for quite some time now, and have done extensive research, and have sifted through many reviews(yes even the negative ones =P). I want to upgrade all the options(excluding the carbon inlays), and it comes to be around $62,000. My question to you Audi S5 owners, as far as bringing the price down, how much wiggle room did you have with the dealership(I understand it will vary from dealer to dealer as I will visit many before I arrive to make my decision)? I intend on taking a 60 month loan, probably around a 5.0% interest rate. My down payment will be approximately $10,000. Also, if you don't mind sharing, what were your monthly payments? I have done some payment calculators, but I was just wanting to hear from a real person. I appreciate you taking the time to read this, thanks. =)
  • amdscotamdscot Member Posts: 2
    I hate to be a killjoy here. I know you probably think the S5 is the best thing since sliced bread and all that, but at 22 it's a ridiculous purchase.
    Just from your figures alone, you'll be paying over $1000 a month and around $8500 in interest over 5 years. I'm not even considering the rest of the running costs here which won't be insignificant, ie insurance for a 22year old on an S5....

The S5 is a large GT cruiser car anyhow, more suited for older gents. Why don't you check out the any number of great cars at half that price and save yourself a fortune? You'll regret being stuck with such a financial burden after a while. At 22 you should be traveling, going out, saving something for a house/condo etc. Don't waste everything on a car. Just so you know, after even just a month or two, your $10k cash down-payment will have vanished. Just contemplate that for a minute or two. At the very least, you should be looking at used cars. IF you have to have a V8 Audi, get a two year old S4 and save yourself half the money.

You'll be doing well to get 5% discount on S5s still at the moment, still fairly hard to come by.
    I understand the financial accountability, and I am capable of making such payments. I fail to understand though, is why age would matter in this situation. I've been told regularly that I cannot do something..this is what I wish to do, I was simply seeking some admonition so I would know what to expect at the dealership, as it would be my very first new car purchase. I have spoken with my insurance agent and an Audi S5 would run me $270 monthly. Based on the auto calculators, a $1,000 car note seems right if I were to pay full retail, as it seems that that might be the case here. Yes I have thought long and hard about the $10k down payment and the 5 year loan, and it's what would be best for me. I have wanted this car for quite some time now and I assure you I will get it. To be quite honest I am not a huge fan for the S4 =/. Any more input would be appreciated =)
  • amdscotamdscot Member Posts: 2
    S5's are still pretty rare. I would say you'd be doing well to get a couple of grand off at the moment. If you start ordering with particular options, you may get no discount at all. There's little in the way of finance deals on A5/S5's either.
    $270 a month for insurance is insane as well. You're going to end up paying $1300+ for car and insurance alone. Try bankrate.com. You can plug in whatever interest rate you can get and it will show you the payments over time along with the interest.
    If you can afford those sorts of monthly payments, then you should still buy a cheaper car for a few years. Put the rest of the high payments away for a couple of years (it's called saving), then you'll be in a significantly better position to buy an expensive car. Just look at how much interest you'll be paying. It's your money though. Good luck.
  • danil34danil34 Member Posts: 11
    S5 is a very good looking car. But i will not spend almost 70k OTD for that car.
    There are a lot of choice at that price point. I would consider a BMW 335i or maybe wait for the new MB E Class coupe.
    As amdscot said, $1300 / month car payment and insurance is a lot of money.
    I would rather invest it on something else.
  • cutter123icutter123i Member Posts: 2
    I agree that the S5 is pricey. You have to be thoroughly enamored with the Audi feel, appearance and engineering to spend this amount of cash. I was an owner of an allroad. Audi has not filled that gap in this country so I changed my tastes. The S5 is a great touring car as well as a barnstormer. It drives and rides different than a Beemer ( of which my wife owns) and MB, that is why you buy it!
  • privpriv Member Posts: 2
    Over the past few months, I have been collecting a lot of information both on the A5 as well as possible financing both with Audi as well as other sources. After test driving one here in Rhode Island I decided that this is the car I want. However, lease offers were horrible even though Audi came out with better money factors and residuals. I came to the conclusion that I might have to purchase an early 08 model that comes in as an off lease to be able to afford this car. One night after searching local dealer sites I noticed a 09 A5 configured almost exactly the way I wanted. All I would have to sacrifice is the Technology Package. The list price was $49,900. I decided to go and see what I could get. After talking to a very informed representative I was able to get the price down to $47,500. With my trade, I was able to get 84 month financing at 6.9% through Citi Financial (but done with the dealer). My payment ended up at $579.00 per month.

If you decide to purchase this car and select the little extras that I did, you should be aware of their true cost.

Audicare - price $650, dealer price - $350
    Tirecare - price $475, dealer price - $175

These extras were given to me at cost to close the deal.

WHAT A CAR !!!!! Wow.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Hello,

I've read your messages, and I see your very eager to purchase an S5,
    I am in a similar situation as you are, but not for buying the S5, but a different car, and not by taking a 5 years loan.

Since this will be your first purchase for such an expensive car, have you test driven other cars? For example, 135i,335i, there is a newer E class coupe coming, IS F, but I think IS F is even more expensive.

Keep us updated and do remember to share your experience.
    Hi,

I noted the advice you gave to (AudiS5)

I was thinking about doing a similar thing as (AudiS5) is doing, but without taking such a big 5 years loan, and for a different car, not the S5.

I might take up on your advice and think about what you said.

You're right there are many cars to choose from, which aren't as expensive.

I'll most probably go for a Japanese car.
    Thanks for the input regarding the A5, it gives some perspective. I have looked around and am taking the advice from Amdscot. I decided to try and look for a used S5 or possibly shoot for an A5 and push more into savings. I think both are fantastic cars( I have test driven both ), but I do enjoy the response time of the S5. I am both excited and nervous about such a big purchase, and want to be sure I can afford it. I absolutely love these cars! =) Any more advice or prices paid for A5/S5 with a similar loan would be appreciative!
    Hello,

I myself am trying to convince myself to not buy such an expensive car,but its hard to decide.

Its easy to buy an expensive car, but paying for the next 5 years will be a big headache.

Do remember that there will always be a better car coming.

Thats a smart choice for looking at a used S5,A5. I asked you about test driving other cars, but you didn't reply anything, so I'll just assume that you're not interested in any other car.

Remember that European cars gets very expensive to repair once its out of warranty.

I really want to go for a bmw, just like you want the S5, but its to complicated for me. You have no idea how many negative things I've listen from my friends who works at bmw.

I've made up my mind for going for a Japanese brand, most probably a Lexus.

Just for your info, the newer S5 2010 will be replacing the 4.2 v8 with a 3.0 supercharged.
    Hi,

Where have you been (AudiS5) Its been 3 weeks, where have you and everybody else suddenly gone.
  • twmarktwmark Member Posts: 41
    I'm looking to purchase an S5 and would like to know if anyone is willing to tell us how much they paid for it (an with what options). Should I expect to still pay MRSP? Thanks.
  • margee53089margee53089 Member Posts: 9
    I bought my 2009 S5 on July 31, 2008. It is quartz grey metallic, has the navigation plus, the technology package, the premium sound system and the carbon inlays. I paid $59440 for it. It is the nicest car I have ever had...BMW or Audi :)
    Hello, I am sorry I haven't been able to post lately. I have been incredibly busy at work. Anyways, friends left a bad taste in your mouth about BMW? I've heard similar things, although I am someone who has to see it to believe it.

I have actually considered other cars, for example the Infiniti G37's are fantastic looking. I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet, but am hoping to in the near future. I am seeing some used A5's for the 39k mark and some used S5's for the 45k mark. For a 45k used S5 most of them come fully loaded with about 15,000 miles to their name. You are right about the warranty, that scares me a bit. Insurance also scares me. I visited the Audi dealership not too long ago and spoke with the dealer(of course given my age he didn't think I was serious), and he quoted me 59k for an S5 with nav, sound, and premium package.

I wonder what type of payments a car like that would run for 59k. I have plugged it in several websites and it says approx 800$ monthly. Anyone have any experience with this? That excites me about your new quartz colored S5, congratulations! Glad you enjoy it =)
    Hi,

No, friends did not lie to me, they told me the truth, after all they work for bmw.

15,000miles is a lot for a new S5, I wouldn't consider it,

Yeah, you should be scare regarding the warranty, unless you're in a good position financially.

Once out of warranty, German cars can be quite expensive to fix.

My cousin friend recently purchased a cls63 amg in 2009,l I think he paid around over $150K for it, not sure about the exact amount, now he wants to sell it, he is very likely to lose around $40 to $50k.
  • bayarea2345bayarea2345 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have any recent experience of buying the S5? I'm curious to see how the economy is impacting the price paid and how much can be negotiated on these cars... It seems like $2000~$3000 below MSRP is the going rate, but thought I'd confirm.
  • ingenue007ingenue007 Member Posts: 12
    i just bought one today. they will deliver it to me tomorrow or in 2 days....driving from another city to me too! i got 09 s5 with B&O stereo and ipod connector and audi care for 49k + TTL. w/o counting cost of audi care, it is almost 6k below what edmunds TMV is. it's ~2500 under invoice (not MSRP). i think the dealer is doing poorly. they were so eager to close this before end of the month!
  • gqgeekgqgeek Member Posts: 1
    Did you lease or purchase? Are there any special financing for the S5? From what dealership did you get a deal like this from?
  • ingenue007ingenue007 Member Posts: 12
    purchase. audi west in houston.
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    I'm looking at a 2010 S5 MSRP $63,100 what should I shoot for on this car? Thanks..
  • donchardonchar Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2010
    Which region? Brother bought his in SoCal for $56,700 prestige package. Seems like inventory is building and prices are coming down. 3 months ago dealers were "take it or leave it. We'll sell it in 2 days". Now it's "let's chat about the car you test drove last month"

More detail: Prestige / Driver Assist / 5-spoke Tri / Dark Blue MSRP $61035. It was dealer's inventory.
  • zipforiazipforia Member Posts: 6
    Which dealership did your brother buy the 2010 S5? I'm interested in the same trim line as your brother.

Z.
  • bozsterbozster Member Posts: 5
    Can someone please give a helping hand and give me some prices for current lease on S5 manual.. stock with basically. Only options are upgraded wheels.

S5 4.2 FSI® Premium Plus with six-speed manual transmission and quattro®
    Base MSRP$ 52,400
    Options price$ 400
    Destination charge$ 825
    Price as Built*$ 53,625

This is in Arizona

I am interested how much would be a realistic lease rate for this one on 36 months/10k miles with zero down and possibly a $1k down.

Is $800 tax included too low? My current lease on Q7 3.6L quattro premium with panorama and rear-view camera package or whatever it is is $790 tax included with zero down 36months/12k miles for $58k MSRP.

I have a specific issue and have to trade in my Q7 and get an S5 with some luck for 36 months/10k miles. I was looking into some offers Audi gives now and I can get fully loaded A5 for same price I'm paying now (tax included) with my Q7 trade-in.

It does seem a bit expensive to pay $790 (tax included) for an A5 with zero down and a trade in but I'm totally out of the loop.

Could someone chime in and help me out with some numbers here. What could be considered a good deal on S5 given my situation and whether or not A5 price I mentioned above is too steep? Is it completely unrealistic to hope for $800 a month (tax included) with $1000 down for S5 lease?

Thanks.
  • jgillisjgillis Member Posts: 4
    Have you checked out leasecompare.com? If their prices are at all accurate you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting under 800 a mth.
  • adrenaline777adrenaline777 Member Posts: 5
    I ordered a 2010 S5 Premium Plus w/automatic tran $53,600
    Options:
    Metallic paint $475
    B/O stereo $850

MSRP $54,925
    Tax (NY) $2,968

48/months, lease payment $790/month (tax included)

Im Just paying first month,audi care maint,and bank fee up front.

The car is due for delivery in a couple weeks and I havent signed the lease yet, im curious what eveyone else is paying for the premium plus package seems most people are getting this car with the prestige package for like $1k/month.
  • adrenaline777adrenaline777 Member Posts: 5
    12k miles a year also.
  • djzhudjzhu Member Posts: 12
    Just ordered 2011 S5 Premium Plus w/Tiptronic
    Sports Rear Differential
    Metallic paint

MSRP- 56000
    Negotiated- 53427 (+750 over invoice)
    48mo/10k
    MF- .00216
    Acq- 625
    Doc- 150
    Sec deposit- 800
    WA- 9.5% tax

$779.05/month including tax
  • benchmark1benchmark1 Member Posts: 2
    What was the delivery time they quoted you? What state are you in - WA?

Thanks

p.s. Does anyone know when the 2011 model starts production?
    No quoted delivery date, estimated 120 days, so somewhere in August, I'm hoping earlier than later. I'm in Washington state. Also, MF and residuals are not out so I'm thinking it's better to order the car and wait on the Audi Financial process to potentially capitalize on any specials (however unlikely for the S5). Any thoughts?
  • benchmark1benchmark1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. My timing is the end of the year delivery so I have a while.

Just wondering when 2011 models start production.

Thanks
  • zorro71zorro71 Member Posts: 3
    All,

Just an FYI. Purchased my S5 this past Friday. Amazing car. :)

Here are the details:
    Trim Package: Prestige
    Exterior: Phantom Black
    Interior: Black with Carbon Atlas inlays

Options:
    Driver Assist Package
    Sports Rear Differential Package
    19" 5 Tri-Spoke Wheel Package
    Carbon Atlas Inlays

MSRP: $63,500
    Paid: $61,000
    Dealer threw in paint protection("MSRP" $600). Might have been able to haggle a lower price, BUT was last remaining Phantom Black S5 in Southern Cal area.

Cheers!
  • zipforiazipforia Member Posts: 6
    What's your lease deal break down? If you don't mind me asking..

Z.
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have the lease rates for 2011 Audi S5 Premium Plus for 10k/36mo and 10k/48mo? Thanks.
  • tennisgal_cotennisgal_co Member Posts: 4
    Do you mind giving me the contact info of the dealership/sales guy with who you worked out your deal ($750 over invoice) ?
    In CO the dealers are really tight and are sticking to MSRP
    Thank you in advance!
    I worked w/Jeff at University Audi to secure the original deal. In the end, the offer was matched by Barrier Audi. We had a bad experience with the sales manager at University Audi (and eventually filed a report). Barrier was more than happy to steal business from University and also provides free car washes for life. Good luck!
  • aiduaneaiduane Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2010
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have the lease rates for July? Looking to lease either a 2010 or 2011 S5, Premium Plus, for 15k/year what are the MF and Res for 36, 39 month lease? Are there any incentives this month? Looking to make a deal happen in the next 2 weeks...
  • 6020160201 Member Posts: 6
    Picked up a 2011 phantom black S5 at Fletcher Jones in Chicago today. paid sticker, but I think that is a good deal right now considering there are still lots of 2010 still on many dealer lots. FJ was pretty straight forward to deal with.

Auto Prestige carbon inlays, side assist, rear shade, $63K
  • mikesternmikestern Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2009 S5 and I'm curious what it's really worth in the real world. It's in perfect condition, no cosmetic issues, only 6k miles. It's silver exterior with black interior and a 6 speed manual transmission. It's also loaded with almost every, if not every, option, including active handling, change lane detectors, audi care, keyless entry. What do you think?...thanks.
  • mabcmabc Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have the current Audi residual and money factor for lease of a S5 premium plus, 36 mo, 10k/yr, MSRP $55,175, Invoice $51,374, top tier credit, southern California? Any Audi deals in the coming weeks? Thanks.
  • wjun71wjun71 Member Posts: 3
    2011 Audi S5 quattro Premium Plus
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 57% | .00176 base money factor

its from http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2010/09/2011-audi-lease-rates-september-2010/-
  • ctsoxfan2ctsoxfan2 Member Posts: 38
    Car Man - Can you please provide me with the lease rates for a S5 cabrio premium plus - looking for 36 months at 12k/year. If you have the October numbers that would be great. Thanks in advance.
  • car_girlcar_girl Member Posts: 9
    I'm in negotiations with a local dealer in Michigan for an S5 order.

Prestige Package, Comfort Package, Sport Rear Diff, Carbon Inlay, 19" 5 Tri-Spoke Wheels

Currently, these are the figures I'm looking at which is MSRP less 3%. On this vehicle, the internet sales consultant told me Audi's margin is 6%.

$ 67125 X 97% = $65111.25 + 6% tax + $190 doc fee + $47 title and license if transferring a plate which I'll be doing when the time comes.

The orders are running out until February which means if I order today, delivery won't be until February which is fine since I have an SUV to get me through a majority of the winter.

The dealer requires no money down since the car would be optioned out in a manner that would allow them to sell it easily if I change my mind.

How does this deal sound so far? Based on this thread, it doesn't sound too bad since TMV seems to be running right around MSRP across the nation.

No hidden fees or other options they're trying to throw at me (yet) so I'm pretty comfortable so far.

And I haven't hit them up with the trade aspect of the deal. I'm holding off until I make my final decision.

Thanks!
  • kocsi1kocsi1 Member Posts: 11
    Congrats on your lease. Any tips on how you got the it down to $750/invoice? I'm currently stuck at 1000. Thanks!
  • kocsi1kocsi1 Member Posts: 11
    How were you able to get it down below *invoice*??? I get the "we can't sell it below invoice as we won't make any money. It's impossible!" Audi has no holdback, so I'm really impressed with your score! Do share! thanks! :)