Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

AC Evaporator

tweekestweekes Member Posts: 5
edited July 2014 in Chrysler
Just a word to the wise, my evaporator went bad for a bill or $750. My AC guy says he makes a living off Chrysler and says that when the system is charged at the factory, they do not properly evacuate the system before installing the refrigerant. His suggestion is to take your car to an AC shop the minute you buy it and have it properly evacuated so it will not corrode (moisture present) the evaporator. Exact thing happened to my 300M

Comments

• Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Hmmm, interesting, our two Dodge Grand Caravans have a combined quarter of a million miles and both are still running the factory charge of refrigerant. Go figure.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    wpatterswpatters Member Posts: 54
    If a person needed to replace the evaporator that is located under the dash on a 93 jeep GC is that something a person good with tools can do or does it require some sort of special tools and special knowledge?
  • Options
    stevenwstevenw Member Posts: 18
    My AC was having issues freezing up and fading out on long drives. There is actually a TSB for this issue and involves flashing the PCM module. Dealer did that and mine is working (cross fingers) again like it should....cold enough to hang meat in the car!

TSB Number: 2400504
This discussion has been closed.