Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dodge Dakota Cruise control malfunction

azcyhawkazcyhawk Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Dodge
The cruise control on my 07 dakota 4x4 only works intermittenty. Some days it works and some days it doesn't. I have had it back to Dodge on three ocassions, but alas it has worked on all of those days.On one occasioi it didn't work when I left home, but functioned when they started it to take it into the shop. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what the problem might be. They have been unable to get it to show any codes when tested.

Comments

• Options
    roberto9roberto9 Member Posts: 1
    I also have a problem with my cruise control on my 2001 Dodge dakota....Namely it does not work. It used to work...I have looked for a fuse or a relay for it but have not found any. Also, my horn stopped working at the same time??

Thanks, Rob
  • Options
    happy23happy23 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find out what the problem was?...I also have a 2001 and the exact same issue. I just failed inspection. My horn works though if I hit the remote lock.
  • Options
    fantomaxefantomaxe Member Posts: 3
    Hi i am having problems with the cruise control/ horn not working. No trouble codes are stored and the manual is usless in finding fuse or relay? any help would be appreciated! Thanks jim
  • Options
    01kotaquad01kotaquad Member Posts: 1
    wtf, my 01 does the same thing,it started doin this a couple weeks ago, horn works sometimes and the cruise went out but the horn works with the keyless entry. I can't find a fuse or relay anywhere
  • Options
    Hi you will need to replace the clockspring assembly located under the steering wheel air bag. battery must be disconnected a few hours as a precaution for possible air bag deployment.consult repair manuel for procedure if you are going to do it yourself,or bring it to a service center for repair. hope this was helpful. Jim
  • Options
    marsh7marsh7 Member Posts: 1
    until about a month ago the cruise worked fine. now when you set it it works for about 1 mile then shuts it self off/ It can not be restarted for several miles. is this a bad vac hose or a bad control module?
  • Options
    I think you may have a loose connection to the clock spring module. what were the driving conditions if you can remember hard turning , bumps ect . the clock spring component can sometimes do crazy things But once it goes it goes. Do you have acess to a code reader for trouble codes. any check engine trouble codes will be stored in there especially a vacuum leak. Hope this was helpful. Jim
  • Options
    ziggy69ziggy69 Member Posts: 1
    cruise contrl on 2007 Dakota not working
  • Options
    steve586steve586 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    My 02  Dodge Dakota  cruise control works but doesn't set speed properly.When you set speed it drops 10 miles per hour before it will set speed then it doesn't accelerate in hills and sometimes it will downshift 2 gears and won't up shift into the next 2 gears.
  • Options
    wldr4life77wldr4life77 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota. When the key is in the on position, u can turn the cruise light on and off. However, when the motor is running you cannot. I did continuity teats through the switches, upper harness, and clock spring. Everthing checks out. Anyone have any ideas?