Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Xterra Vibration Noise

pbensonpbenson Member Posts: 4
I have a 05 Xterra with 35k and i have for some time now a vibration sound from mostly the rear when at a stop light. It seems to be more extream now with the more mile i put on it. And the cold weather seems to inhance it.. I have had it in the shop a couple of times and can't find what the problem is! I hear there are a few others out there that have this problem! I have 500 miles left on teh warrenty and would like to get it fixed!! Its getting really bad now! Any one out there have this problem?

Comments

• Options
    abgalabgal Member Posts: 2
    Mine is a 06 and has the same issue it's driving me crazy. Could you find a solution to it? Please let me know if so, my warranty is over in 7 months.
  • Options
    pbensonpbenson Member Posts: 4
    I still have the problem but it comes and go's.. I have 37,860 miles on it and I notice if the weather is cold it seems to be more intense.. and then when the weather is warm it won't do it until i turn the AC on.. Some times it will not happen for the longest time and then it appears again. I have taken it to the Nissan dealership several times and once they did replace the engine mounts but that just soften the sound for a while! I suggest taking it there seval times and keep record of it.. I did contact and sent an email to the Nissan consumer affairs dept is nnaconsumeraffairs@nissian-usa.com and let them know about the problem in case one of these days it becomes an expensive repair or possible recall..
    Good luck!
  • Options
    abgalabgal Member Posts: 2
    I am haveing the same problem & nissan employes are no help , so if you found out what the problem is please let me know.
  • Options
    edaisyfedaisyf Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. I notice it mainly when I step on the gas. My xterra is a 2000 with 240,000 miles on it. Other than this small problem its been great!
  • Options
    lmd0007lmd0007 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 08 that vibrates at idle in or out of gear but it seems to come from the front of the vehicle and is intermittent. Sometimes the whole vehicle shakes and seems to be worse when the A/C is on. The dealer replaced the crankshaft pulley saying it was warped but that didn't make any difference in the vibration problem. I need to get it back into the dealer as the warranty is up in 6k miles. The local dealer hasn't been very good at servicing problems in the past especially when it is under warrantly. Anyone else have the vibration coming from the engine area??l
  • Options
    tjjackson01tjjackson01 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2009 Xterra and am experiencing the same issue with the intermittent vibrations sounds. It has not occured to me that the air conditioning running may have been a factor. I have e-mailed the Nissan Customer Service and am awaiting a response. Truck was purchased with 28K.
  • Options
    fuzzyfrankiefuzzyfrankie Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2010 Xterra Off Road last week and on a long road trip I noticed a high pitched squeak in the rear of my Xterra. I had it loaded with stuff but it was making the noise before that. I tried to get my rear passengers to pin-point the noise but they couldn't. The noise ended up going away and hasn't come back but now I'm afraid it will.
  • Options
    christie11christie11 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I have an 07 Xterra with 43,000 miles on it. I hear a vibration in the front end when it's shifting between low gears (especially after I'm stopped at a light). I just bought it in November and haven't used the AC so mine's not mutually exclusive to the AC being on.

I also have the high-pitched squeak coming from the rear end when I go over bumps (no matter the size). It's driving me crazy. I am taking it to the dealership this week to get looked at. Anyone have any luck of finding out what's going on or getting their problem fixed?
  • Options
    corey53corey53 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 08 Xterra with 35k on it, I started hearing a vibration noise coming from the front of the vehicle mainly when accelarating or changing gear.

What I found to be the problem with mine was the exhaust rattling. There are several points where there is an exhaust shielld above the exhaust pipe and the pipe is attached to the shield with a steel band. The In two of these places the steel bands had rusted away causing the exhaust pipe to rattle against the upper shield.

I just bought a couple of hose clamps from the hardware store and tightened swapped them for the rusted steel bands. I hope this is the same problem some of you are having, because it is a quick fix.
  • Options
    monsterzmonsterz Member Posts: 1
    Exactly the same problem with my 08 Xterra (45k) - found a broken steel band (rust) this morning. I guess the pipe rattles against the metal shield (pretty noisy)

Do you know - do I need to put some damp material between the shield and the pipe before I tighten the pipe with the hose clamp? Anyone else did this? Thanks -