Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4,Subaru Legacy and Dodge charger comparing

attbootsattboots Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Subaru
I am looking at leasing a either an Audi A4 2.0T quattro, a Subaru Legacy GT or a Dodge Charger AWD (SXT or RT) all 2008's and I would like to know which is the better car. The monthly payments are about the same and the insurance is about the same so it a matter or the best car. All have the same options I want and color. They rate excellent in Consumer reports and for accidents. My mechanic says to stay away from the Audi. Any advice?

Comments

• paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Where do you live? What kind of driving? What other cars do you have? etc.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • attbootsattboots Member Posts: 6
    I live in NYC, I am looking to replace a 02 Jetta. There is nothing wrong with it right now but I would like a new car. I have had 4x4 suv's and I want a all wheel drive car. I like the 3 cars listed. I am wondering which one is better as far as problems. I am not worried about gas milage and things like that, just which would be more of a problem
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Each has its own unique character.

The Audi is a bit more luxurious, but a bit cozy inside. I sort of agree with your mechanic, but others may argue otherwise.

The AWD Charger gives you big engine fun, but I can't see very well out of those and the interior doesn't match the other two in refinement.

The Legacy GT is probably the most reliable of the bunch. Interior falls between those two. Basically it should split the difference in most ways.

I think if you drive them, you'll pick a clear favorite, all based on personal taste.
  • attbootsattboots Member Posts: 6
    I have driven all but the Charger. I don't see anything special about any of the cars. I think if I drove any new car it would feel the same. My worry are more about the car being reliable and not in the garage more than on the street. Even thought it would be a lease and there will be no payments for repairs, I still want a good car.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Then I would go with the Subaru.

However, I think you should try to find a car that does feel "special".

Or maybe you meant more special than the others, and liked them all.
    Totally not a statistic but I have an 05 LGT Wagon 5MT. 50k miles on it, put 2 or 3 track days on it, live in Manhattan, drive to NJ for work daily, always hard on my cars. So far zero problems with it, except I snapped off the hooks in the trunk for the grocery bags cause I had 2-2liter bottles in em.

-mike
  • bekind420bekind420 Member Posts: 7
    For reliability I would go with the Subaru LGT. I haven't seen the performance numbers on the AWD Charger and I believe the LGT out performs the A4.
    I might add it's fun to embarrass "performance" cars on the track with my LGT Wagon :)

-mike
This discussion has been closed.