Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Odyssey 1999 thermostat

lasemlasem Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Honda
Hi,
I couldn't get info on this forum about the Odyssey 1999 thermostat location.
Would appreciate if somebody can help
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jwpfljwpfl Member Posts: 11
    Follow the lower radiator hose from the radiator up to the thermostat cover. Remove the electrical connector that is on the cover (to the radiator fan switch) and then remove the 2 bolts holding the cover to get to the thermostat. HTH.
  • Options
    lasemlasem Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Just returned from a long trip.Thanks for the info.
    I'm browsing the web for a replacement thermostat but couldn't get a genuine one. Here in Toronto, Canada, the Honda dealer price is CAD$ 96.00 (including taxes0, equal to US$94. So expensive.
    From Hayne's Repair Manual, I found that the thermostat OEM spec: 163F to 194F(fully open).
    On the web: Nippon brand: 172F, Gates 170F and 180F.
    Should I buy the Genuine one, or a few degrees spec (after market) different would be OK
    Thanks
  • Options
    jwpfljwpfl Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    If it were me, I would buy the OEM if possible. I don't know if they ship to Canada or not, but I buy from Majestic Honda at HondaAutomotiveParts.com. They list the thermostat for the 1999 Odyssey at $24.75USD. You might try shopping other Honda dealers, because Honda list price is around $35. Good luck.
  • Options
    inshaninshan Member Posts: 4
    For future reference as this thread was posted a while ago I just would like to add in Ottawa Canada this thermostat from the Honda dealership is $75, so I'm surprise because all of the dealerships in Ontario the cost should be the same.
This discussion has been closed.