Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VIN # Location

vic_gvic_g Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Honda
Does anyone know where the VIN Numbers are located on the front fenders of a 06 Pilot. I have been looking and can't seem to find them on the inside of the fenders (under the hood). Can someone please point me to the location of VIN Number stickers. I just bought a used Pilot and want to make sure it has not been in an accident. The CARFAX came out clean but it seems odd that the fenders do not have VIN numbers imprinted on them.

Comments

• cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    It's dark and snowing here right now so I can't go out and check my wife's but IIRC no VIN stickers can be seen on the front fenders (unlike the doors, hood, and liftgate where they are plainly visible). The only place in the front of the vehicle where the VIN is "imprinted" is on the firewall.
  • vic_gvic_g Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for the prompt response and for the information. When you are able to do so, can you please check and confirm? I just want to make sure the VIN#'s are not missing because of an accident. If yours doesn't have them either, that would confirm that the Pilot's do not have them imprinted on the fenders.
    Thank you so much again for your help.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Confirmed it today - there are no VIN stickers visible on the front fenders. And we bought it, literally, right off the truck.
  • vic_gvic_g Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so very much. That's a relief. Now I can finally stop worrying and enjoy driving the pilot. I can't tell you how grateful I am for this information. It was literally making me crazy ;-) Thanks again. And I am so glad I found this forum. Really a great resource.
This discussion has been closed.