Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cadillac Deville Suspension System

hustla_365hustla_365 Member Posts: 6
edited September 2014 in Cadillac
I have a 1996 cadillac deville, and for the past month I've been hearing a squeaking noise coming from the rear tire. I pushed on my trunk and it made the noise again. Also, my service ride control light comes on every now and then. Is this because I need to replace my shocks or struts?

Can anyone help me, this is the most annoying sound ever lol

Comments

• Options
    bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    The noise - there are swaybar 'links' back there which may be bad. Or the cushions for the swaybar. These aren't overly expensive to replace.

If you have the type struts with the electronic inside, and these need replaced, this is expensive. Each strut is about $750. There are some aftermarket struct available, without electronics.

You might just have a bad connection on the strut wiring which is setting the error status, but at the age of you car, the structs probably need replacing.
  • Options
    Maintainer101Maintainer101 Member Posts: 1
    Car sits low in the rear, do I need shocks or not if I do what kind do I need and if the answer is no, what do I need? Also, car backfires, what causes that and what can I do to stop that horrible noise. Car is also losing horsepower when this happens.
  • Options
    willy805willy805 Member Posts: 1
    I had a problem with my 1998 Deville that sounds a lot like what you are going through. When my service ride control light came on, I called the dealer. They said it would be around $3500 to fix! I placed a call to Strutmasters.com and they offer a kit that will take that air suspension out and fix it for good! The price was under $800 and now I'm done with the air mess! I really think you should contact Strutmasters! You will not be let down!
  • Options
    rugby7rugby7 Member Posts: 1
    since a 97 deville only worth $4k can't see replacing shocks with $ 3k worth of genie cady parts. back in the day they had a book with cross reference part #'s. a whole lot of gm parts of other platforms worked on the cad at half the price. looking for just some shocks to bolt on, that the holes match. dont think the standard deville had air, elect/ adjustable shocks fromt or rear? even if did, you can hook up a resister to stop the warning light. has anyone done this?
  • Options
    shoby1shoby1 Member Posts: 3
    HELLO I HAVE A 94 SEDAN DEVILLE IT STARTS SLOW SUM TIMES AND MY AIR SHOCKS LIGHT COMES ON SERVCE ENGINE LIGHT ON AND WAS WONDERING IF REGULAR SHOCKS HOOK UP LIKE AIR SHOCKS
  • Options
    zd1zd1 Member Posts: 1
    What is available as an upgrade sway bar / bushings for 1999 Deville (rear leveling only)? Simply looking for a flatter turn in ability and increased stability at speed. Some folks actually drive their Devilles.

Instead of lowering are wheel spacer / TRAK components(hubcentric) available?. This should (along with better quality bars) enhance the handling while maintaining ride quality.

The benefits of lowering springs without the compromise of shorter springs and their usual detrement in ride quality.

Tell me about it please!
  • Options
    chrisptown1chrisptown1 Member Posts: 41
    have '05 Deville with 62k on it. pur. 9mos. ago with 50k on it. selling dealer stated rf strut was repl. prior to del. soon after del. a "thumping" creaking noise statred in r/front area. Local Cad. dealer said it was the strut mount, and repl. same. noise redeveloped in about 2mos. any ideas what it could be this time. ques. can a styrut go "bad" in 12k.??
This discussion has been closed.