Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Envoy Denali water leak

jojo19jojo19 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in GMC
I own a 2006 GMC envoy Denali and A few days ago I noticed the floor in the driver side to be soaked.We had rain bur the windows were closed.I purchased a GMC envoy in 2005 and the same thing happened, I returned after they were not able to fix the problem and the car started smelling .I lost alreday a lot of money and time and I know this is going to be another uphill battle for me at the dealership.Did anyone experience the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    paulpdxpaulpdx Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2005 GMC Yukon Denali with a sunroof. Water mysteriously leaked, intermittently, at various points in the headliner - near and through the driver-side air vents in the headliner behind driver, at left front A-pillar, and from the center console above the rear-view mirror. The sunroof was always kept closed so this leaking puzzled me. I park on a sloped driveway and after backing out and driving away it appear that pooled water would redistribute itself and come dripping out of these various points. First dealership couldn't diagnose. GMC Customer Care recommended I get a second opinion. The second dealership apparently resolved the problem - see write-up below. It's been sunny lately so I can't be CERTAIN the issue is resolved, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Sharing the story here hoping it provides a clue for other puzzled owners. These are the dealership's notes from the repair order:
    "VERIFIED CONCERN WATER LEAKING INTO HEADLINER AREA LOWERED HEADLINING AND WATER TESTED FOUND WATER LEAKING AT DRAIN HOSES WHERE RUBBER HOSES CONNECTS TO PLASTIC HOSE. APPLIED ADHESIVE TO HOSES AND RECONNECTED AND ALLOWED TO DRY WATER TESTED NO LONGER LEAKING REASSEMBLED CONCERN CORRECTED.”
  • Options
    rledetrledet Member Posts: 1
    We just had the same problem on our 2003 Envoy XL. Did you ever get it resolved?
  • Options
    jojo19jojo19 Member Posts: 3
    This is a big scam..
    No one wants to take responsability for it.
    I had to take the car 3 times to the dealership in order to get it fixed.It seems that this is a real problem but I wonder how many people take the time to check under the rug after it rains...
    If they did I am sure that more people would come forward!
  • Options
    delrickdelrick Member Posts: 105
    Leased one of these in December.

Nice vehicle.

It has the V8 that supposedly cuts fuel to 4 cylinders, load permitting, Active Fuel Management".

Of course the geniuses that make "Professional Grade" didn't think it would be worthwhile to let the driver know when this miracle occurs.

So it may happen, it may not. You will never know. There is no light or indication of any kind to let you know if you are in economy cruise.

What an amazing oversight. They are closing their factories due to fuel consumption issues.

Here thay have a technology that is actually being delivered and they don't have the sense to provide a light to help a driver optimize his usage of the device.

Incredible.....
  • Options
    envoyagerenvoyager Member Posts: 4
    May be that since AFM is only when the engine is at speed and able to maintain with slight increases or decreases of engine speed and since it's really not in use other than in highway use, it was thought to be not needed.

And since you can get a similar "experience" when cruise control has to make adjustments as road grades make the speed sensor call for more or less power, it may be that an "idiot light" sort of arrangement was seen as possibly being too annoying if a driver had such indicator light kick on or kick off (especially during night time driving) "whimsically."
This discussion has been closed.