Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Trailer Hitch for 2007 Matrix

wilson12wilson12 Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I would like to get a trailor hitch for my 2007 Matrix to add a bicycle rack. I specify 2007 because it has a decorative plastic piece below the bumper that looks like it would keep anything from properly fitting. Does anyone know of a hitch that would fit this model. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    weklavonweklavon Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Matrix XR. After a winter of much snow, I noticed the ground effect trim on the driver side was separating from the body. Also, the back bumper has pulled away from the body slightly on both sides behind the rear wheelwell. The dealership bodyshop says it is a design flaw, and that he has seen it before, sometimes worse then mine. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if there is a solution. I would think Toyota would have been notified about it and would be working on a fix. My dealership didn't know about it if there is one.
  • Options
    larsmittylarsmitty Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am wondering about a trailer hitch for my 2009 Matrix also? Can I get one the same as the previous years even though the car is slightly wider, longer and lower? I saw a lot of hidden hitches out there - do those work? Anyone out there know if the seats are the same too as I would like to purchase car seat covers for my XRS also. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Julie
  • Options
    wilson12wilson12 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Julie,
    Although I did not get any suggestions from the forum, I did find a source on the internet that claims to have a hitch that will bolt directly to my 2007 Matrix. The hitch is in production and not scheduled to ship until next week so I can not confirm it's fit. Since you stated the 09 model is wider the one I ordered (Code 60965) may not fit, but they may have a model that will. The company is ETRAILER, 1507 East Highway A., Wentzville, MO 63385. Telephone Number 636-327-3156, and email address is www.etrailer.com. I will provide more information on the quality of the one I ordered once I receive and install it. Good luck.
    Steve
This discussion has been closed.