Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Questions About my new 2008 Limited

dickdaydickday Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Ford
We just got our new Limited Creme AWD and love it. The 20" inch chrome wheels look pretty neat, even for an old geezer like me The seats are what sold me.

The one we bought just happened to have the hitch option. I never really looked at the hitch until today. What in the world would you pull with a 1" receiver? I didn't know they made such a thing. My F250 does all of our pulling (I restore antique tractors), but I'm not sure if I will ever have a use for the Edge hitch.

Does anyone have the camel interior with the black dash who is located in a warm part of the country? Have you noticed the black dash making the interior even hotter?

Not to get too personal, but does anyone have a bra on their Edge? I'd like to put one on but am not sure how one would fit, or look.

Mileage... I traded my 2007 Escape Hybrid in on the Edge. I have a bad back and someday will need surgery. The seats in the Escape were the worst seats I have ever had. I had hoped I could get used to the concrete-like feel, but that never happened. The Edge seats are what sold me. I am getting about 23mpg (90% highway) on the Edge after 1500 miles. What can I expect to get when I get to 10,000 miles?

Like others I am dissapointed in the cargo cover Ford offers. The Escape had a 'real' one, as did my Jeep. Does anyone know if an after-market one is available?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    We picked up a white sand fwd limited about 2 weeks ago with the camel interior. I've also had a fusion with the medium light stone interior (also with a black dash) for 2.5 years in Atlanta. Interior heat is no more of a problem than any other interior - the dash itself may stay a bit warmer for a few minutes but it's not a big deal.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply.

That's good to hear, I just assumed that the black dash would be like an oven compared to a camel dash.

Dick Day
  • Options
    donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    The first time I got in a Edge I noticed the bad refection from the camel dash. The black dash solves that problem.
  • Options
    I wondered if maybe that was the reason they went with black.

Thanks,
  • Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Yes, that's why they changed the dash from camel to black. I think it looks WAY better with the black dash.
  • Options
    donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    The terrible dash glare was a deal killer for me.
This discussion has been closed.