Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Azera Leather Interior

budhbudh Member Posts: 109
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
While researching the Azera, I've seen some reports from last year or eariler on light colored leather getting stained and blackened easily that cannot be cleaned.

Is any one else still finding this to be a problem in the Azera? And does it happen similarly in the Sonata?

(I was planning on buying an Azera with gray leather and this is making me think black leather might be a better choice.)

Bud H

Comments

• Options
    jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    We have the light beige leather in our Sonata and it still looks good after 4 months or so. The 08 Sonata also came with light beige carpeting and that is getting soiled a bit.
  • Options
    snaglepussnaglepus Member Posts: 160
    :)

We have the light beige leather in our Azera, and and at 13K miles
    and 13 months, it is the same as when the car was new. :surprise:

There's a slight stain on the seatbelt webbing where I grab it to put it on, but that's all.

HTHs

:D

Delfin

aka Snaglepus
  • Options
    doveman7doveman7 Member Posts: 10
    Well, I have the 07 with the gray leather. After a year and 16,000 miles, it looks pretty much like new. I've used leather cleaner once. Unfortunately, I got bleach on one of the back floor mats (don't ask) the first week I owned the car and am sort of just living with it. I did buy a cheap set of black floor mats and am using them on top of the gray ones--mostly to hide the bleach spot (!) but they also have kept the carpet in pretty good shape. Anyone want to get rid of a passenger side back seat gray floormat? :)
  • Options
    cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    We have the light gray interior in our '06 Azera ( 18K miles ) and the leather is still like new. Any soiling seems to come off with no problem. Two crazy 60 lb. dogs often ride in the back, and I'm amazed at how it's held up.
    The carpet is not high quality and stains easily, so for Michigan winter we use dark gray mats from WalMart to maintain the new look on the floor.
  • Options
    hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    I have a 07 with gray leather 23,000 miles and still looks new. I use Mequires cleaner wipes every month or so.
  • Options
    allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    I currently have a 2006 Azera with the light tan interior. I had the very problem you mention. I even had a situation where the blue dye from my jeans rubbed onto the seats. Anyway, great way to remove stains and make the leather look brand new is get a Mr. Magic Eraser and clean the seats with that. When you're done, there will be a bit of residue left behind, just wipe down with a clean damp cloth and then apply your favorite leather conditioner when you're done.

Oh yeah, the Magic Eraser works great on dash marks and finger smudges too!!!
  • Options
    ms090870ms090870 Member Posts: 9
    I have an 07 azera with 11,000 miles on leather looks as good as the day I bought it. I also have 2 puppies that ride frequently and think it is GREAT to put their muddy little paws all over the seat. I suggest (I do this) getting some of the leather cleaner wipes and keeping them in the car. They work great!!
  • Options
    finnwolffinnwolf Member Posts: 2
    I had the black, but it was still cheap. I think I had around 12k on it and I got a rip on the driver's door side. Dealer fixed, but I wonder what type of cat they got this hide from. I have a Ford with over 100k and I have never ripped the leather on it
  • Options
    I've got the beige leather interior with just over 76k miles and no rips or tears at all. Only thing I really need to do is a good cleaning and conditioning as it has been a little while.
  • Options
    wobbly_earswobbly_ears Member Posts: 160
    I disagree. I have got a beige interior in my 07 & it looks great. No sign of aging, creasing etc. Hyundai has used really good quality leather & it shows. I can snap some pictures if you want proof.

But then again, I take care of my car. I have a no-eating & no-drinking policy in my car. And I clean the interior myself. I don't let some carwash guy to smear some chemical onto the leather.
  • Options
    wobbly_earswobbly_ears Member Posts: 160
    @allmet,

Yes, a good cleaning & conditioning is a great idea. I know you won't but please don't use some El-Cheapo brand. Use Meguilar's.....worth their weight in gold...
  • Options
    Hey Wobbly...

Trust me...I have learned that sometimes, saving a buck or two can cost you down the road. I do use quality products in regards to the upkeep of my car. Mequiars is truly at the top of my list. I use their mist detailer, car wash soap, leather conditioner and their NXT synthetic wax. I also use the Mother's clay bar and Eagle One wheel cleaner. Yes, I have learned my lesson when using cheaper products, you end up paying for it in other ways.
  • Options
    101649101649 Member Posts: 192
    Lexol leather cleaning and conditioning products are very good also.
  • Options
    larry134larry134 Member Posts: 40
    Go with the black, it is much classier looking too. The beige and gray do soil and stain . Check out edmunds.com for their test drive and they say the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.