Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi marco27. Well, your vehicle's monthly payment is ultimately the most important number. I always find that the easiest way to arrive at the lowest possible selling price is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible. If you're close to dealer invoice minus any available incentives you know that you're getting about as good a deal as you are going to get.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please give me what the Residual and MF and any lease cash or incentives for 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track - 6 Speed Manual for a 36-month, 15,000 miles per year lease?

Also, did Hyundai up the ante and publish rates for 20,000 miles or is the max still 15,000 miles? It is now the end of March. Should you get this later on, please post when you find what it is for April.

Thank you!
    Hi ghetto2315. Hyundai Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 55%, respectively.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Hyundai publishes residual values for.

Car_man
    Host
  • snootchsnootch Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please give me what the Residual and MF and any lease cash or incentives for 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0 base a/t and 2011 genesis coupe 2.0 premium are for April, 12k miles, preferably 24 month lease if they allow it, though 36 is acceptable as well. I'm strongly thinking about picking one up but only if they have some good deals for April.

Thanks!
  • zalman33zalman33 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking to lease a 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring with an automatic trans (MSRP of $29,705). This is my first lease and I am trying to learn as much as I can about the entire leasing process, terminology, etc.. I am looking for a 15,000 mile/year lease (since Hyundai does not offer any higher mileage options) and hope to pay up front for an additional 5,000 miles per year @ 15 cents/mile (bringing the projected total to 20,000 miles/year). In trying to understand how to get the best possible deal, I understand it helps to know the residual value and the money factor of the car.
    1) What is the money factor and residual value for this specific year, model, and trim?
    2) Do these numbers (money factor and RV) fluctuate from month to month or are they fixed?
    3) Is the dealer invoice something which I negotiate with the dealer prior to incorporating the money factor and res value into my equation?
    4) Generally, I understand that if I am able to score a deal below dealer invoice, I am getting a good deal. What about a deal that is at or above invoice (but still below MSRP)?
    5) Since I have spent countless hours searching for this information before stumbling onto this forum, I am curious where I can find this information should the need arise to look up these figures for another car?
    If you are able to provide me with above data for both a 15,000 mile/year and 20,000 mile/ year lease that would help. I apologize in advance if any of these questions have been already addressed somewhere else (newb here).
    As a side note, if anyone else reading this has any additional advice regarding this lease or any useful nuggets of information for leasing in general, please help. Any and all help is encouraged and appreciated!! Thank you in advance Car_Man and god bless.

- Z
    Hi snootch. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0 base a/t with 12,000 miles per year are .00184 and I believe 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zalman33. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00187 and 59%, respectively.

This program is scheduled to run through June 30th. It is possible that it will be different in July.

You should negotiate a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible and then make sure that the dealer calculates your monthly payment using the above lease program.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Hyundai Finance publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • gjruddengjrudden Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2011
    Car-man - Is the money factor and Residual Value the same for the Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6? What are the differences for 12,000 miles and 15,000 miles.

Thanks a ton for your help!
  • jack616jack616 Member Posts: 10
    I cannot help you with the money factor and residuals, but I do not believe that Hyundai offers a 12000 mile lease - I think it is a minimum of 15000 miles. Hope that helps a bit.
  • zalman33zalman33 Member Posts: 2
    Wow. Thank you very much!
  • bbkg79bbkg79 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Carman, what are the residual and MF for a 2011 Hyandai Genesis Sedan 3.8L 36mon/15k per year?

Also do you have the approx amounts for the: Acquistion fee, Sec dep, Doc fee, Lic fee, title fee?

Thank you and have a good day!
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    We just leased a 2011 3.8 sedan with premium and NAV. The residual for 36 month/12k is 54% and 15k is 52%. The money factor on our lease is .00064. Hyundai Motor Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee. Security deposits are not required, it just depends on your preference. All the other fees are dependent on the dealership and your state's title and licensing fee.
  • bbkg79bbkg79 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks a lot :)
    No problem. We leased our genesis with a MSRP of $38,355 for $399 per month with zero out of pocket at signing and the dealer making the first payment. Our tax is 6% so the payment ended up at $422.15. This was on a 3 yr/12k lease.
  • randernycrandernyc Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I am looking to lease a 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4dr Sedan V6 with a price of $29,542 after a $2,600 below invoice reduction being offered from the MRSP of $33,850.

If I gave them $1000 down, what would I expect the lease payments to be provided that I also pay upfront the sales tax? Any range would be most helpful!

Thanks!

Randernyc
  • randernycrandernyc Member Posts: 2
    That lease price sounds great! What state are you in? I am in New York State where the sales tax is 8.35%.

Randernyc
  • weirvinejrweirvinejr Member Posts: 13
    Hi Carman
    What are the current Hyundai lease rates and residuals for a 2011 4.6L Genisis Sedan, 12000 miles, 36 months, in Warner Robins, GA 31088, please. How long are the numbers good for?
    Thanks for your help
    We are in GA, sales tax here is 6% and their doc fee was $599. Its a great car. We love it!
  • weirvinejrweirvinejr Member Posts: 13
    If you leased yours, would you mind sharing the numbers?
    thanks
  • gen11gen11 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Hi Carman,

I just received an offer from a dealer to lease Genesis Sedan V8 for $460 monthly(Tax included), $3000 down, 36-month, 15k per year.

Sale Tax rate is 9.75%

Is it good deal to take? or there is a chance to have lower monthly payment?

Please advise me.

Thanks,
    Hey gjrudden. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan 4.6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello bbkg79. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan 3.8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00038 and 54%, respectively.

Hyundai Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. I believe that it is currently waiving its security deposit requirement for this vehicle. The doc fee will vary from dealer to dealer (it's really just fluff) and the license / title etc. vary from state to state.

Car_man
    Host
    Weirvinejr, please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Hyundai Finance's residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

This program is scheduled to run through June 30th.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gen11. It would be easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this car's full MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • orlando_morlando_m Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

Do the forum members have any information when the 2012 Genesis is likely to become available?
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    I heard or remember reading it somewhere that they should be arriving by the end of April or middle of May.
  • sparkangelosparkangelo Member Posts: 6
    MSRP of 38K 12K 36 month lease...
    3000 due at signing.. 419/mo with oil change and tire protection..
    3.8L prem with navi package...

Is this a good deal? Or at least a fair deal?
  • marco27marco27 Member Posts: 8
    Horrible- walk away, or better yet- demand the deal they should be more than willing to give you. The 2012's are just about here- you should be able to steal a 2011 starting about now. Back in Dec, this was my lease deal:

MSRP $41,800 Fully Loaded Tech and Prem 3.6 Sedan
    12,000 mi
    $750 Down, INCLUDING 1st Mths Payment
    $400/mth for 36 mths

4 Free Oil Changes Included

You should be able to do at least this well or better given the 2012s are almost here. Don't waste time with MF, Resids, etc like you read on these forums- just do brute negotiation with dealer. Hyundai is super aggressive and will make the deal you are capable of negotiating.
  • afmachafmach Member Posts: 2
    Working on following deal before weekend. Does this sound good:

2011 2.0T Premium with Nav. $3000 Down $214.00 Per Month
    MSRP 28,030
  • orlando_morlando_m Member Posts: 19
    are you talking about the Sonata, or the Genesis?
    Doesn't sound like a very good deal to me. We leased our 3.8 Premium/NAV with a MSRP of $38,385 for $399 per month with zero out of pocket at signing. They made the first payment so we have 35 payments of $399.
  • bobbyd0227bobbyd0227 Member Posts: 2
    first time leaser here, when you guys talk about 750, or no money down for 399/mo, are you guys paying taxes separately or is that part of the 399 payment
    Our payment was 399 + 6% tax = $422 total payment with zero due out of pocket
  • marco27marco27 Member Posts: 8
    I did even better- same deal on a $41,800 MSRP car with Prem and Tech Pkgs- fully loaded!
  • charlie0409charlie0409 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know where you got that deal. $399.00 With nothing down is a solid deal.Was it in South Florida ?
  • bobbyd0227bobbyd0227 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Guys this has been really helpful...Back to the "St"ealers armed with with this info...
    This was in Atlanta. We shopped dealers near Tampa since I have family in that area but no one would touch the deal that we got here. We probably could have bargained for the Tech Package at the same price but the non-tech package Genesis with NAV actually has slightly newer software and it makes streaming bluetooth audio much easier. We also didn't want the self-leveling headlights.
  • izhdizhd Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I'm looking into leasing v6 genesis sedan with tech pckg. Did anyone had experience on good bargain here in SoCal?

Thank you.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    Which dealer in Atlanta? I'm in Savannah and think may suit best if I buy from dealer outside of city.
  • sonbi74sonbi74 Member Posts: 1
    I am being told by the dealer that the Money Factor and Residual for a Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT is:

Money Factor: 00.00227
    Residual: 59%

Is this accurate?

Here's the deal:

MSRP $31,225
    Cost $27,500
    Dealer Fee $499
    Acquisition Fee $599
    Title Fee $27
    First payment down

Monthly payment $420 excluding taxes

That seems fishy to me.
    Rick Case Hyundai in Roswell. Southtowne Hyundai was a bit cheaper @ 389 + tax but we decided just to go with the closer car.
  • janesyjanesy Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

First time leasing a new car... biting nails!

Looking at a 2011 Genesis 5 door base model and 15,000 miles per year for 36 months. They are quoting me zero down and $401 per month incl tax - I'm in Los Angeles so the tax is pretty heavy here! Is this a good deal? I just don't know!!! Help :-)

I'm also being offered:

2012 HYUNDAI GENESIS B0422 4dr Sdn 3.8L V6 . 15k per year, Zero drive off and $469 per month. I don't really want to jump up the extra $69 per month and having driven both cars the 2011 would do me fine...

Any thoughts and advice would be magnificent. Thank you!!!!
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    You should ask what is the MF and RV on the 2012 Genesis.

Car_man may be able to provide it as well.
  • ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    Are there any published rates and residuals for the 2012 Genesis Sedan 5.0 R-Spec? Looking for the program for a standard lease term length and at 15,000 miles. Thank you!
  • argosargos Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man,

In South Florida
    2012 genesis 3.8 Prem Package w/ NAV.
    MSRP $39,900 and the Dealer Cost of $37,500.
    Excellent credit. I only want to pay 1st month down.
    What should the Cost of a 36 month / 15,000 miles a year lease be??

Thank you for your input!
  • manchegomanchego Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have lease rates, MV, and RV for 15K Genesis 6cyl with tech/prem pkg in southeast U.S.? I am in Tampa. I've got a few weeks to work with and want to be armed with latest deals. I see the MSRP is only about $500 more than the 2011..
  • zacwarezacware Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2011
    Main Question.......under Hyundai's current lease promotion. what are the money factors and residuals for a Genesis V6 Sedan, 2011 and 2012 with 12,000/15,000 miles

I tried using the residuals and money factors posted earlier in this forum to compare the payment on Hyundai's web site and it was $80 more than what Hyundai posted.

========

Last year, when I needed to finance a Sonata, I brought up TrueCar.com, got the price for a Sonata, and after some grumbling, I got the price I wanted. I was fully prepared to buy from the TrueCar dealer down the road if they didn't match it.

Now I want a 2nd car for the family, and I want a V6 Genesis Sedan, maybe with options.

I do not know how to negotiate a lease like I have for years when financing

Anyway, I'm almost going to pass on the Genesis because due to it's high price I need to lease it and my ability to negotiate a lease with confidence is zero. Are there any resources online that people have trusted to help with lease prices?

I noticed above in a previous post that someone said they got this lease back in December....

MSRP $41,800 Fully Loaded Tech and Prem 3.6 Sedan
    12,000 mi
    $750 Down, INCLUDING 1st Mths Payment
    $400/mth for 36 mths

That's significantly better than the lease Hyundai advertises on their website. How do I approach getting a lease like this. If I could get this type of deal, I can lease a Genesis (although I'll have to pay for more miles)

Funny note about this whole process....

I made a first trip to the dealer today.

My amazing frustration is how little many sales people always seem to know about the cars they sell

He told me I was eligible for a $1000 loyalty rebate. WRONG. It says right on their website I'm eligible for 1500

He told me the 2012's won't be here until September. I can pull up dealer inventory and found one dealer with 12 2012's already in stock

He said that prepaid miles are at a rate of 0.20 a miles. That's the rate charged for post-paying miles.

It wasn't even a year that I made it clear I'm aware of pricing tools by pulling up TrueCar.com right in front of him on my iPad, yet he seems to be doing everything he can to get me to not buy a genesis.
    Hyundai has indeed published a lease program for the 2012 Genesis Sedan R-Spec. If you were to lease one through Hyundai Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00219 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi argos. Thanks for providing the necessary pricing data. Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with. Hyundai is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this car. Let's say that you were able to get it for $750 over over invoice. After taking the cash into account, the cap cost for this lease would be 36,250.

Using this cap cost and an MSRP of $39,900, I estimate that this car would have a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $485.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, manchego. Hyundai Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00199 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

While it's true that the MSRP of the 2012 model is not significantly higher than the 2011 model, the money factor for the '11 is much lower plus there's a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of it which isn't available on the '12.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.