Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Comments

• allin1979kkallin1979kk Member Posts: 3
    local dealer here in florida. $259 w $2999 dwn.... thats w/o the prem pack....... and the 3500 for the package. minus the 54 % Residual.. .... the national add is $399 x 12 k yrx $2999- the $1500 incentive= 1499... again no prem package... hope it helps
  • macdadmacdad Member Posts: 75
    MF and Res. for 2012 4.6L , 36 months/12K miles please. Also, Edmunds shows TMV of this vehicle only a couple of hundred dollars over invoice. Do you find this is accurate?

macdad
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that you like it here, allin1979kk :). Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan R Spec with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Genesis Sedan 4.6 are .00133 and 44%.

When negotiating your lease on this cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Macdad, Hyundai Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan 4.6L with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Hyundai is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice minus the available cash and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • genesis_galgenesis_gal Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am looking to lease a 3.6l base model in No. Calif. for 36 months. What would be a decent MF & residual.
    Thank you,
    Genesis Gal
  • macdadmacdad Member Posts: 75
    I had an earlier post regarding 4.6 regarding Edmunds TMV and your suggestion of $500 over invoice and subtract $1500 incentive. I have a local dealer with a 4.6 advertised on their website with MSRP $45,500 and "ePrice" of $38,486. This is a $7,014 discount. My math with your formula puts this with tax around $540 / mo. Have you seen this kind of discount to be common? They have numerous similar vehicles with similar discounts shown online.

macdad
  • wing5nutwing5nut Member Posts: 38
    Car_man...my old van is threatening a revolt and it's time to get serious about a replacement. I happened to see a commercial for the Genesis and it really caught my eye, reminding me somewhat of the '02 Acura RL I leased. Could I trouble you for the money factor and residual value of the 3.8L version with both the Technology and Premium packages for a 36 month/12k mile @ year lease?

As always, thanks for the outstanding support!

wing5nut
    Greetings to the appropriately named Genesis Gal. Here's the information that you're looking for. Hyundai Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8L Track with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey wing5nut. The Genesis Coupe is a lot different than a van :).

Hyundai Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8L Track with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that Hyundai is currently providing on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • wing5nutwing5nut Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2012
    Car_man...not sure, but I think you may have had Genesis Gal on your mind when you responded to me. image

Not wanting to be Couped up with her (I just had to go there), I'm looking for the numbers on the Genesis 3.8L V6 Sedan. I thought about the R-Spec, but the rising gas prices convinced me that a 333 hp V6 wasn't really much of a compromise. Let me know if the numbers vary for the Sedan, including the option packages I mentioned. Again, many thanks!

wing5nut
  • myke0323myke0323 Member Posts: 9
    Hey CarMan!

Do you have the lease numbers for a 2012 2.0T Auto Genesis Coupe with 15k miles at 36 months?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Ah ha, the Sedan. OK. The numbers are different.

Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that Hyundai is currently providing on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do Mike. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Hyundai is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Carman,

Long time no speak, you helped me get mine (Genesis) and my wife's (Traverse) lease a couple of years back. My lease is up 4/30 and i'm looking to do another lease with Hyundai for the 2012 3.8 with all options or the 2012 4.6. Can you please tell me the residual and money factor for Hyundai finance for each car along with any incentives for March or April if available. Thanks again.
    Welcome back cpaman. Hyundai Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan 3.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00136 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Genesis Sedan 4.6 are .00136 and 50%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is available on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Thanks Car_Man,

Great numbers as always, just a quick question, do you think there will be much changes for April lease numbers?
  • dhwjdhwj Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man

I am negotiating to lease a 2012 Genesis 3.8. The dealer has not given me the lease quote yet but will (according to salesperson) take into account the Costco deduction from price (about $1,000) and the competitive make discount of $1,500. On the dealer's website it indicates a lease capitalized cost of $31,927.58 for a "standard" lease of the Genesis 3.8 (with no options). The initial payment is $2,999 of which $399 is the first month's payment. Is this $31,927.58 the amount remaining after credit for the $2,600 of the $2,999 which is supposed to go to pay down of the "principal" or is it the actual "sales price" from which the $2,600 will be deducted.

If the lease money factor is .00136 what should the residual be?

Thanks heaps!!!
    You're welcome cpaman. Hyundai's lease program is scheduled to run through April 2nd. It's difficult to say what its lease program will be like after that, but I suspect that it will be similar.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dhwj. It depends upon whether the dealer is talking about the gross capitalized cost or the net capitalized cost. Most likely it is the net, which means the actual amount financed with any capitalized cost reductions taken out.

Hyundai Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan 3.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • heymccallheymccall Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I currently have a 2010 GC Track MT acquired in April '09, for $1999 down, $379 mo (plus tax), from a $30250 window sticker, and a $1000 in lease cash from HFMC, on a 36 month term. I wish to lease a 2013 GC Track MT with a $33,625 window sticker, with a dealer seeling price of $33,100. I only have 22k miles on my 2010, so a 12k/ year lease is preferred (or a 10k/yr).

Working with top tier credit, what is the money factor and residual thru HFMC, and is there any lease cash, or returning customer moneys on this car?

Thank you for your time.

BTW, a dealer 250 miles from here gave a $570/mo for 36 with $2500 down lease guesstimate. I guess they've got to put food on their table too, albeit on 24k gold plates.
  • rodhymanrodhyman Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I'd really like to know how competitive the offering I'm being given is from the dealer. They showed me the invoice and they also have a $3000 rebate I can use towards the lease. However, I'd like to verify as to whether the money factor and other components they've outlined still have any room for me to negotiate.
    Here are the numbers I was given:
    2012 Genesis 5.0 V* R-spec

47485.00 MSRP
    44151.00 Invoice
    24692.00 Residual or 52.%
    3000.00 Total rebate (1500 competitive coupon and 1500 lease cash)

.00209 Money Factor
    12,000 miles

649.31 Monthly payment with tax, license -- everything -- 35 remaining payments

884.31 Due at lease start--- includes first montly payment

I've be very grateful for the feedback!
  • myke0323myke0323 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Car_Man,

Do you happen to have the lease numbers for a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Base, 36 month, 15k miles/year?

I'm trying to decide between the 2012 and 2013 model.

Your help is always appreciated,
    Mike
  • thewatchmanthewatchman Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,
    Hope all is well.
    Could you pls. let me know the money factor for a 2012 hyundai Genesis 3.8L, with Premium & Tech package for 36 months at 15K/yr miles for the month of April. The dealer is telling me the money factor is 0.00194.

Regards,
    TheWatchMan
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Hi Car_man.

I would like the residual and money factor for a 2012 Genesis sedan with premium package, 10,000 miles a year, 36 months.

Thank you!

hpowders
    Hi Mike. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00223 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    All is indeed going very well, thanks TheWatchMan. According to the information that I have seen, Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8L with Premium, Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00203 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hpowders. Here you go. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00154 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Thanks, Car_man! :)
  • fldave0513fldave0513 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    Trying to get an RSpec for 48 months with 15K miles/year.

Dealer is saying a good deal since Genesis' are leasing at $399 for base model & $2500 down:
    zero down except for tax tag and 1st payment
    47 remaining payments of $559 + tax.

Is this good based on current residual and money factor? I have top tier credit. Thank you!
  • techointechoin Member Posts: 3
    Looking to lease 3.8L base..the best quote which I received is 29.5K.. or $279 mo with $2000 down for a 48 months 12K lease..

Is this good deal?

This is my first time leasing..I have heard many stories around the dunlop tires on this car needing to be changed very early ..do I need to factor any other costs? Once I agree on lease payment..I dont't want to pay any extras on major maintenance..

Thanks for the help.this is awsome forum
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    That is an awfullly long lease - 48 months.
  • techointechoin Member Posts: 3
    yes..I checked with dealership and they are offering 36 months lease at 369 a month with some 700 down..
    No problem hpowders.

Car_man
    Host
  • roachforliferoachforlife Member Posts: 11
    Can I get the updated Money Factor and Residual Rates for this month

What kind of deals are people getting on these?
    Thanks
    Hi roachforlife. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track with 15,000 miles per year are .00223 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • roachforliferoachforlife Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Carman. Is there a public available area you get this info from? Also is there a way to see which cars and makes are the lowest MF for a given month, and what the Res is. I appreciate you looking them up but trying to see if this is stuff I can get from somewhere

Thanks!
  • thetacomaboy1thetacomaboy1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey there I was considering a lease on this exact same car - I drove the standard 5.0 and I loved it. How are you liking yours?

It looks like there is only the single $1500 rebate at the moment, do you know more about that?

I wonder if there are any other specials right now for leasing this car...
  • brywoodbrywood Member Posts: 5
    Looking to head to the dealership tommorow to lease a new 5.0 Genesis; anyone have the current residual & money factor numbers for 48 month lease?
  • bradl1bradl1 Member Posts: 5
    Hey Carman, thanks for the great forum! Could you send me the residual and money factor for a 2012 Genesis Sedan Base with 15k a year. Also, is there any incentives on this car for August.

Thanks!
    You're very welcome bradl1. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Genesis Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • rsazmanrsazman Member Posts: 8
    Did I get a good deal on a base 3.8 Sedan?

MSRP - 35,705
    Out the door - $600 total (including 1st month)
    48 months at 350.20 + tax (total of 382.77 in AZ)
    12,000 mi/yr
    Residual - 47%
    Money Factor - .00107

And, good people to work with at Chapman on west Bell Rd.
  • vsamanovsamano Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man - I am interested in purchasing a 2012 Genesis 4.6 this weekend.
    I see a dealer close to me that has one listed for $45,834 Retail and an internet special of $39,412.00

My question sis they have a place where I can make an offer online, do you think I could get another $2500 off of that price? The offer of 2.9% for 72 months is amazing and I would qualify for an additional $2500 in rebates form them.

Look forward to hearing your advice.
  • snarksnark Member Posts: 3
    Not sure how you got $715 a Month! I paid $399 per Month with only 1st Months payment out of pocket with 15k yearly allowance. Granted this was for a 3.8 with no extra packages, but it's still a great deal! $715.00 is crazy-nuts....For that kind of coin you can get a loaded 750 IL BMW!
  • RonA13RonA13 Member Posts: 37
    Hi Carman,

I am looking for the November residual and money factor for a 2012 Genesis 3.8L 12K/36mo.

I am also wondering what promotions and incentives apply. It appears there is $1500 for current owners which I qualify for. I also see 1st months payment and no security deposit for a 12K/48mo. lease, wondering if this also applies to a 36mo.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Ron
  • crazydeocrazydeo Member Posts: 30
    Hi Carman,

I am looking for the November residual and money factor for a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0t Premium. Im in Southern California and would like numbers for both 12000 miles and 15000 miles.

Thank you!
    Hi Ron. Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan 3.8L with 12,000 miles per year are .00070 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. This is in addition to the owner loyalty cash.

Yes you can do a 36-month zero due at signing lease on the '12 Genesis Sedan, but the money factor is different....00099.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello crazydeo. Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00167 and and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • pc12_pilotpc12_pilot Member Posts: 3
    Well I need an extra set of eyes to let me know if I got a good deal.
    I live in Texas and chose the Balloon note(this is my 3rd) on my 2012 Hyundai Genesis.
    Options: Premium and Tech Packages, Ipod cable, cargo tray
    Total sticker price: $44,010
    Price I paid: 36456.21
    I had owner loyalty of $1500 and a trade in allowance of $1222. I put down $1000 out of pocket and got 2.9 for 36mos. for a monthly payment of $350.
    As you know I follow the traits of a standard lease but am on a bank note.

Please let me know how I did.
    Thank you!
  • jjkmoutlawjjkmoutlaw Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Need a little feedback on if this is a good deal on a new 2012 Genesis Sedan with Tech package.

MSRP = $44,020;
    sale price = $35,971,
    36-month lease;
    money factor = 0.001100;
    residual value = 53%;
    tax = 3%;
    document fees = $399;
    Tile/registration = $118.

I am putting $1,000 down (using $500 match from Motozuma). They quoted me $433/ month for 12,000 miles with an additional $15/month for 15,000 miles. Any thoughts?

Also, any thoughts on waiting for a 2013 vs getting a 2012? There doesn't seem to be any with tech package in the entire country right now.

Many Thanks in advance.
  • heatlesheatles Member Posts: 3
    I live in OH and I see an Internet price on an 2012 Genesis marked down from $35,987 with $564 down and 48 month lease they want $476. I have top tier credit and I wanted a second pair of eyes to look to see if that's a good deal. I personally don't think so. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.