Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

99 Grand Vitara rear end Problems

coverdcoverd Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Suzuki
I have a 5speed 4x4 1999 GV the rear end is gone out. My heart is broken :(. I let My husband drive that's when the problems started. I have had trouble finding parts for it. This SUV has been the best. I am really not wanting to put the money into it. I could by another 1999 for what it will cost to fix it.
Has any one else had this problem

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    What exactly are the symptoms?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    coverdcoverd Member Posts: 2
    Vibration but if you hear a kocking sound it may be too late. I can't really say because my husband really dogged it while I was a truck driver. BUT!!!!!! please make sure you have your axel (?) grease checked and filled. I did a lot of research before I bought the GV. It was #2 on the best used suv list. In the manual it tells you to Keep the Axel grease filled. I am thinking about selling it for parts, because they are hard to find unless you go to a dealer. I just put 2 new pulley's, belts , and a alternator on it. It's a 5 speed. I have really learned a lesson. I will not share my car again. the only complaint I had about theGV was i would some times get a little shock when getting in or out of it.
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I will not share my car again.

Oh, I hate when that happens. That includes kids, spouses and friends!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    tburns35tburns35 Member Posts: 1
    i have replaced the rear axle two times in the past three years. the first time i replaced the houseing unit then i had to replace the third member now a year later the third member is bad again. i have spent more then than two thousand dollars on parts and shipping and the labor. i dont know what is wrong why is it going bad i cant afford to get this fixed . again.i hate this car :cry: :mad:
This discussion has been closed.