Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Stereo code

dayodinadayodina Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Honda
Please how do i get the code to my car stereo

Comments

• Options
    Please i need the code to my honda 2000 ex model car stereo
  • Options
    elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    They usually issue a card with the radio code to the owner. If you don't have the card, you will probably have to get the code from the dealership. You will probably need proof of ownership, and the radio serial #. Some people have said the number is on a tag in the glovebox, but I don't know for sure. I've always had the card with the number on it (original owner). Most times, the original owner will sell the car, and forget to give the buyer the code card. I'm guilty of that one myself. I still have the card for my 92 Accord that was sold 6 years ago.
  • Options
    Thanks for replying, but all i have is the VIN number and the serial number. The previous number gave no card to me and also removed the sticker from the glove compartment
  • Options
    Call the nearest dealership. They will tell you what you need to get the code. I hope you don't have to take the dash apart to find the serial #.
  • Options
    I found this. https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ . Maybe it will work for you. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.