Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Seinna Oil Filter Location

bsmoodhabsmoodha Member Posts: 17
edited July 2014 in Toyota
Just bought a new 2010 Sienna and can not find the Oil Filter. I found what looks like the pad it should be on but it is not. The Owners Manual has Oil Quantity specs for "with filter" and "with out filters." The quantities are .1 liter different. Does this mean some have not filter.? Just call me stupid. Brian

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You're probably used to working with spin-off filters, and the Sienna uses cartridge re-fills.

It's a metal cover, with fins. You get a kit to replace it, and that kit should have instructions.
  • Options
    bsmoodhabsmoodha Member Posts: 17
    Found it thanks. So Toyota trusts Joe backyard mechanic to NOT forget to install the housing O ring (packing) ??? I can hear someone winning about this oil leak, then the Oil Pressure Light came on...
  • Options
    I'm sure they're rather you give your money to their dealers.

Spin-off filters are much easier. I guess they argue these cartridges make less waste but you have to use rags to clean everything, so not really.
  • Options
    s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    So where is the location of the oil filter housing? I just got a 2011 Sienna XLE and I understand it use a cartiridge type oil filter. I popped the hood and can't find this filter housing. Is it visible from the top?
  • Options
    Same engine as my 2007, so it should be in the same place - you'd have to peek in from underneath.

It's not hard to reach but ramps definitely help.

Here you go, I found full instructions with good photographs for reference:

http://www.daronspicher.com/php/image/display.php?pid=2009112152150&tin=2008%20T- oyota%20Sienna&irs=DIY%20Oil%20Change&sql=Canister%20Filter&nav=5W30
This discussion has been closed.