Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX vs Honda Accord

sounds_goodsounds_good Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Acura
I'm trying to decide between an Acura TSX w/ Tech Package and a Honda Accord Coupe EX-L w/Navi (auto trans in both cases).

I realize this is an Acura forum, but I'm hoping for some honest comments and suggestions, pros and cons, etc... anything that might make my decision easier.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    My mom owns a 08 Honda Accord EX-V6 and I own a 06 tsx/wnav. The tsx has the memory seats and you are able to get the information (MPG, Miles to empty,etc on the steering wheel. The honda had the button you have to push. I drive my mom's car whenever I visit her. It is a very nice car but I prefer manual transmission.
  • Options
    Maybe I should fine-tune my question... ;)

The TSX is around $6K more than the Accord. As a TSX owner, what (in your opinion, of course) makes the TSX worth $6,000 more than the Accord?

Thanks!
  • Options
    The warranty on the accord is 3yrs/36Kmiles, the acura is 4yrs/50Kmiles. Acura also has roadside assistance. My mom's 08 honda accord cost approx, $29,000without nav. Which accord are you pricing. My 06 tsx, bought new 11/06, has 90,000+problem free miles. I very pleased with the tsx.
  • Options
    >> The warranty on the accord is 3yrs/36Kmiles, the acura is 4yrs/50Kmiles.
    I noticed that. Any idea where online I can see exactly what is covered by each warranty? (edit: I can't find it on the website)

>> Which accord are you pricing.
    The Honda Accord Coupe EX-L w/Navi and auto trans.
  • Options
    Try the acura website.
    When my mom was deciding on a new accord-she first tried the 4cyl model, then the v6 one. The v-6 had fog lights, the chrome on the door handles, duel exhaust, power driver and passenger seats (the 4 cyl. only had power driver seat)
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    that the TSX is the "rest of the world" version of the Honda Accord, with several bells and whistles added. As such, it's smaller, has a tighter suspension & is more in keeping with what people who prefer performance and handling over comfort and size are looking for. The Accords of today are orders of magnitude (well, not really) piggier than the Accords of 10-15 years ago. You may prefer that. I don't.

Plus which, I demand a manual transmission & the TSX was among the few that offered it. I also require rear seats that fold down and the TSX had those as well. I also used to require rear-wheel drive, and that's the one thing I had to give up when I bought my TSX.

Touting any kind of roadside assistance differences for Honda products is interesting. My experience and that of my family is that it's well beyond a moot point.

Either way, I'm sure you'll get a good car. Have fun.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    manypilotsmanypilots Member Posts: 25
    Well, I am a Honda loyalist, decided (I thought) to trade a very low mileage '08 Pilot for an Accord (the nest is emptying!) Test drove the Accord, was not impressed in the least.. Decided to look at the TSX I-4, and went for a test drive. NO COMPARISON, the TSX is many, many steps up and worth the extra $$$ IMHO. Got a favorable deal, and will purchase the Acura.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Got a favorable deal, and will purchase the Acura.

Hope you enjoy it. I do mine.

Manual or auto trans? I wanted a manual & no nav w/ a specific color, so ended up having to get a Colorado car brought here to Arizona.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
This discussion has been closed.