Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Equinox wheel well gaps

marc300yardmarc300yard Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
I recently took delivery of my 2010 Equinox LTZ, 6 cyl. FWD, with 18" wheels. Has anyone else noticed what seem to be overly large wheel well gaps? It's almost looks like the springs overpowered the vehicles weight. The ride at times seems stiff, but I would in no way call it punishing. I seem to remember one comment in an Equinox forum somewhere about this.

Comments

• Options
    runoxrunox Member Posts: 156
    Sure do make it easier to wash the mud out. :shades:
  • Options
    marc300yardmarc300yard Member Posts: 4
    Should look great jam packed with snow, too. :)
  • Options
    charliemaccharliemac Member Posts: 5
    I have the same car except I have AWD but I too noticed the wheel well gap. I thought the 18's would fill it up but no. Ride is fine but could be softer if suspension can be lowered. If you know of an option, please let me know.
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Regarding 18 versus 17 wheels, speedometor readings and shift points are controled by outside diameter of tires so if a vehicle comes with both wheel sizes to keep this OD the same usually the 18's will have a shorter sidewall (and less air cushion may result in harsher ride) .
  • Options
    runoxrunox Member Posts: 156
    I've driven the same vehicle with 17's and 18's and I'll take the 17" Michelin's every time. It much flatter and smoother ride.

PS - no road noise either. My LT2 is quiet as a church mouse.
  • Options
    rocketentrocketent Member Posts: 60
    The wheel gap makes me feel presidential. :)
    http://www.fourby4.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/obamasuv-500.png
This discussion has been closed.