Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Trailer Hitch Wiring for 2010 Outback

gbarltropgbarltrop Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Subaru
I want to put on a trailer hitch on my 2010 Outback (which I got in less than a week! Lucky/ YESS. Problem is, I can't find the wiring harness connector to hook up the "handy" plug-in adapter that I will use. I haven't removed any inside trim panels yet, though have looked for wiring under the liftup floor panel with no luck. Anyone know for sure where Subaru has hidden this?

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    On my 98 Forester it was in the spare tire well, up against the back wall. My guess is it would be in around the same area. The wiring usually runs down the bottom of the spare tire well to the outside of the car.
  • Options
    204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    gbarltrop Best wishes with the installation of a trailer hitch on your new OB. Please let us know what hitch you used and how it went. A photo of the newly installed hitch would be nice.
    There a several of us who are very interested in the towing chacteristics of the new OB wth the CVT on trailers 1000 - 2000 lbs. If this is what you have, any report on how the OB with CVT would be greatly appreciated. :)
  • Options
    gbarltropgbarltrop Member Posts: 7
    Finally located the harness with the dealer's help: behind the driver's side side panel in the cargo compartment, just behind the rear seat back, and just above the forward cargo tiedown. Had to pop out the foam trays under the floor and undo the tiedown's screw to reach it. Next will come the hitch--they aren't readily available yet in Canada in my area.
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,798
    :surprise:

There's nothing like easy-to-locate! :sick:

Thanks for sharing the information.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
This discussion has been closed.