Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Trouble Codes

chevyride22chevyride22 Member Posts: 10
I have a 1995 S-10 Blazer, 4WD, 6 cylinder. I am getting trouble code P1406 manufacturer specific powertrain. Also I am getting pending trouble codes P1100 manufacturer specific powertrain and P0700 transmission control system malfunction. Does anyone know what I need to do to clear these codes? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    jpmccrjpmccr Member Posts: 31
    I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer, 4x4 with 130,900 miles. I have 2 codes and don't know how to correct them. One is P0453. There were two but the second one says it is pending and will not erase. Not sure why.

The other is P1416. I think it has something to do with a the AIR system. I am not a mechanic but if I can reach it or see it I, I can usually fix them. If I knew what they looked like and where they were located, I will try to replace them myself. I greatly appreciate any and all help and/or assistance. I would love to take care of them and clear the codes permanently. . . . .
  • Options
    froggy86froggy86 Member Posts: 1
    my buddy owns a tranny shop and put my 01 chevy blazer on the computer for me.And these codes came up....p0410-Air Injection,,,,,,P0463-fuel,,,,,,,And P1637,,...and im not sure what they are.truck seems to run fine.Any help would be great....TY
  • Options
    jlflemmonsjlflemmons Member Posts: 2,242
    If your SES light is not on and the vehicle is running fine, clear the codes and go with it. The codes could have been stored some time ago and are just stored in memory.
  • Options
    fishmen2fishmen2 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me what could be the problem? I had a code PO442 but fixed it buy replacing all the emission system parts. The 2001 Chevy Blazer 4X4 4.3 has an idle miss that sounds like a bad coil and only happens when you stop at a light. ( IT's like the motor is stalling but doesn't ) The only problem is I replace all the electroics but the PCM and TPS. Can someone please help me before I go bankrupt.
  • Options
    kelchfamilykelchfamily Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer that the engine is randomly cutting out. The ABS and brake light will come on and then the power will cut out all together or sometimes I can catch it and it will just jerk and go again. What is this and how can I fix it?
  • Options
    kelchfamilykelchfamily Member Posts: 2
    It shows the ABS light and brake light simultaneously on and then the engine cuts out randomly. I do not know what to do as it does not happen all the time. HELP!
  • Options
    dm0n28dm0n28 Member Posts: 1
    This code is not in my book. Dude at pepboys said it was my Smog Pump and to first check the fuse. If there is a fuse I can't find it. Blazer runs fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.