Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

TSB floor Mats?

mtrialsmmtrialsm Member Posts: 159
Have you pulled out your driver side floor mat?
I have not, can't see how the accelerator pedal would get hung up on the mat?

Comments

• Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    It depends on what kind of mats you have. The mats in question for the accelerator recall are the all-weather mats that have a pronounced raised lip around the perimeter to hold water, snow, and mud.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • Options
    sgloonsgloon Member Posts: 323
    Update on Toyota & lexus acceleration problem.

Read/view ABC news latest report: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/RunawayToyotas/

Serious problem.
  • Options
    mtrialsmmtrialsm Member Posts: 159
    I hate this new auto sensing "fresh air control" sensor on my '09 Tacoma. When it's cool out side, the fresh air control get automatically set to bring in outside air (pollution that I don't want). I have to keep resetting it to recirculated (hold button down for 3 seconds) like the owners manual states. But I have to do this everytime I start my truck, I hate it, this was stupid and an unessisary. I understand when the contol is on defrost, but it does this at ever setting.
    That's my only grip about my truck.
    P.S. I have the "recalled" floor mates. I have tried the stick the accelerator pedal with the mat installed, I don't know how this would happen, mine won't ever begin to get stuck!
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    "..(pollution that I don't want).."

But by keeping the system in recirculate during cold/coolish climate driving you are making yourself and your passenger more susceptible to an insidious, even worse kind, of "pollution".

Sudden instances of windshield/window fogging due to rising passenger cabin RH, Relative Humidity, and a COLD interior windshield surface.

In recirculate you are relying on the A/C to continuously dehumidify the cabin. Mother nature, whimsical mother nature, may not allow that to happen.
  • Options
    texastacomatexastacoma Member Posts: 1
    My husband had a near death experience with the accelerator sticking in 2006. This was way before any recalls or even talk of problems. He was in heavy traffic and the truck took off. He had to swerve to the emergency lane on the freeway, throw the car in neutral and it finally stopped. There was absolutely no floor mat involvement. This whole pretense is ridiculous.

What are the odds that all of these newer vehicles have stuck accelerator problems but our problem is related to the floor mat????
  • Options
    avery4avery4 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013