Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi TT / TTS / TT-RS ignition coil recall

coco15coco15 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Audi
I just got the recall notice for the ignition coil recall. Any ideas on possible related problems if left too long to replace? There seems to be a difficulty in getting enough parts to handle demand.

Comments

• sargondizzosargondizzo Member Posts: 20
    I just had mine done with no issues. I was having problems over this past winter with my engine starting and then shutting off several times by itself. Not sure if this is related as this was during the winter and it is now spring.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited April 2010
    Although I didn't wait "too long" for my Jetta (I had had no problems and was just waiting for the letter telling me the coils had arrived at the dealership), my situation involved a sudden burning smell, a dramatic decrease in performance and a tow truck. The letter arrived the following day :-) Thinking back, I had recently noticed a subtle thrumming sound from under the hood (sort of like the sound of a playing card in the spokes of a kid's bike) coming from under the hood for a few days before the car died.

I'd say pay close attention to any changes in the way the car sounds or performs; if you notice anything weird, or if it begins to run rough, take it in whether you've received the letter or not. And if you have no problems, don't delay once you've received the letter.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.