Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Would you recommend buying a 04 Sienna with power sliding doors (75k miles)

vthokvthok Member Posts: 4
edited May 2014 in Toyota
I am looking at used minivans. One of them being 2004 or newer Toyota Siennas. My wife really wants power sliding doors and liftgate. I have heard things about power sliding doors failing and being pricey to fix. I worry that while bells and whistles are nice they are just more things that can end up breaking.

So would you recommend someone pursuing a 2004 Sienna XLE with power sliding doors and 75K miles on it? It also has nav, dvd, sunroof, leather, rear camera, etc.

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Shop for a CPO model if that's a big concern.

Any loaded up van has a lot of things on it that could break.

Sienna is the most reliable, so odds are best in the van segment, but if you want piece of mind go with CPO.
  • Options
    delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    And how much are they asking for this 04 xle model ?? Let us know and folks here can give further info.Good Luck !!
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Don't those doors have manual backup...??
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Good point, there's a switch to disable the power doors, and then you can slide them manually.
  • Options
    jprocjproc Member Posts: 135
    At 90k, the timing belt is due to be replaced and the spark plugs should have been changed at 60k.Timing belt can be pricey and I'd check to see that spark plugs were done.

I have 137k on my 00 sienna and it has been very reliable so far.
  • Options
    hihostevohihostevo Member Posts: 59
    I never saw a response from this shopper.....

What would you guys say is a "reasonable" price for the van he described???
This discussion has been closed.