Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Cherokee Engine Swap

mazdamadnessmazdamadness Member Posts: 3
i am buying a 1990 jeep cherokee loredo and it needs an engine. i found an engine and tranny but some transmissions wont fit in certain jeep. i can getand engine and tranny out of a 93 jeep cherokee and mine is a 90 jeep cherokee loredo. will it work.

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may get some good tips in Engine Swaps.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    papabear10papabear10 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 93 jeep cherokee. I have replaced the tranny after installing and putting everything back together it wont start. I will turn over but will not fire. Seems like its not getting fuel. I poured gas in the intake and it will start up. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for to fix this problem. Also I replaced the starter at the same time and while turning over it seems to turn over like some thing is out of round the starter dont skip or miss but it just turns like its out of round. :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Options
    jeep_drifter1jeep_drifter1 Member Posts: 3
    i have a 1993 Cherokee with a auto in it with the 4.0 high output 6. i also have a 1990 Cherokee with a auto and the 4.0 inline 6. but not the high output its got the old computer in it. what i want to know is i want to put the motor from the 93 into the 90 will the computer harness from the 93 plug into the firewall and work in the 90 Cherokee? so basically i need to know can i put a motor and computer from a 93 into 90 jeep and just plug and play?