Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Tundra Accelerator Problem Recall

a8fana8fan Member Posts: 17
edited June 2014 in Toyota
My 2008 Tundra is fine with the floor mats, no problems but now I hear this recall is for sticky gas pedal. Anyone here have this trouble?

Comments

• Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you are a Toyota owner and interested in sharing your reaction to the recall with reporters, send an email stating the vehicle you own, your telephone number, and the best time you can be reached.

Send to: karen@edmunds.com
  • Options
    a8fana8fan Member Posts: 17
    I've had my TUNDRA since Sept of 2008 and it barely has 10K miles on it.
    I noticed the pedal is more 'sluggish' than say, my Audi, but then again, I assumed that a humongous truck like that has some sort of governor on it because it is made for towing... etc.

I noticed that when you lift off the gas on the downhil, it seems to be almost downshifting for you...

In other words, you can't peel out and leave rubber with one of these tanks like you can on my Audi Quattro.

I have not heard anything about the pedal recall but when I got the notice about the mat, I checked it and nothing seemed wrong. Perhaps they thought it was this at first and now see that it's not?

What will they do to fix it?
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you own one of the models listed in the recall and have actually experienced the unintended acceleration, please send an email with details of the experience and how it felt.

karen@edmunds.com
This discussion has been closed.