Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2001 Lexus GS 300 or 2002-2003 Acura TL

jear510jear510 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Acura
I am looking into buying my next car and my budget is around $10,000. I like both cars, the 2002-2003 Acura TL and the 2001 Lexus GS 300. I am wondering which car is sportier, handles better, and is overall better? Also, I am about to be 20 years old so which car would suit me better?

Comments

• ninags300ninags300 Member Posts: 1
    I had an Acura and it was a lovely sexy car and I now own a Lexus GS 300 "06". They're both great vehicles, but I am partial to the GS. I'm not sure if you can find either under 10 grand, but keep hope alive. Most people who own these cars tend to keep them. At the age of 20 I would definitely go with the Acura. The body on the 2001 GS is designed for an older person. Good Luck!!!! Please keep me updated on your progress.
  • jear510jear510 Member Posts: 2
    I've seen both the TL and GS for sale for around 8k-11k. Which has better handling and a stiffer suspension. And what year was the TL you owned?
  • evilheartevilheart Member Posts: 1
    I am in the similar age category as u. Go with TL for practicality and with GS for passion and enthusiasm. GS ride is classy but not quite as sharp as the BMW. TL is nice front wheel drive that is drivers car for someone that cannot do their own oil change but still likes to participate in a conversation about cars.
  • buglessbugless Member Posts: 2
    I have had my 02 ES 300 for five years and true to the Service Manager's statement that these cars are "bullet proof", mine has been and is worth the price. I highly recommend the car.
This discussion has been closed.