Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

About 40k service

mycrv1mycrv1 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Honda
I have a 2006 CR-V LX, for which the 40k service is now due. What should I expect to pay for the service?

Comments

• mycrv1mycrv1 Member Posts: 3
    I noticed that the safety belts do not lock in when I suddenly move forward, as they used to do when the vehcile was new. How and where should I have that fixed?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Seatbelts are a lifetime item. Refer the Owner's Manual for that.

Also, refer to the Owner's Manual as to what 40,000 mile service should entail. It does not just go by miles, but time elapsed as well.

Note, there are 2 schedules, determine which schedule your driving falls under, and proceed from there.

Dealerships will usually load up their "service packages" with useless junk to inflate the price.

The manual is wrong on the Differential fluid and Transmission fluid replacements, they are due at 20,000-30,000 mile intervals.
  • barneybarnettbarneybarnett Member Posts: 1
    I have a British spec CRV and bought it in 2008 with 38000 miles on it, its a 52 plate, as of last week i've had no problems with it at all. However its now done 40000 miles and last week as I was travelling along the power seem to die, I pulled over and tested the accelerator and when pressed the engine would rev, die, rev, die,rev, die. if I tried to drive along it felt like I was kangaroo'ing along. I took it to a garage who say they have put it onto a computer and they say it is the sensors. Now I dont know alot about cars, but what sensors are they talking about and are they talking sense. By the way there is a language barrier as I am living in Cyprus, are they mugging me off? please help!
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Well, there may be a language barrier, but vehicles all speak the same language, so whether you are in Cypress or the US, the symptoms would be caused by the same component failure.

Was the check engine light on?

What was the code?

What kind of maintenance was done to the vehicle?

Oil? What kind of oil?

Fluids? Which fluids? and What brand of fluids?

Filters? Which filters and what brand?

Fuel? What grade and brand of fuel?

I have no idea what 52 plate is.
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    the "52" means that it was registered between sept 2002 and april 2003.
    So it is a 2003 CRV, I guessed.
This discussion has been closed.