Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Leaning towards the CR-V but ...

hakorehhakoreh Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Honda
So I'm leaning towards the CR-V fully loaded but I was wondering if there was a better price out there or better value? Basically looking for Bluetooth, AWD, premium sound, XM radio, USB for MP3 connection in a crossover or SUV for under 32K?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Check out these discussions:

Getting a new Outlander, CR-V or RAV4

Highlander vs RAV4 vs Honda CR-V

Honda CR-V vs. Subaru Outback

Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 or Subaru Forester?

Mazda CX-7 v Toyota RAV4 v Honda CR-V

Nissan Rogue vs Honda CR-V vs Toyota RAV4

Tiguan vs. Forester vs. CR-V

Edmunds would also add the Acura RDX, Chevrolet Equinox and the Hyundai Tucson to the mix.

And there's the Venza and RX 350, just to try to confuse you a bit more. :D
  • Options
    malachai1malachai1 Member Posts: 40
    I was in the same boat and after I drove the rav4 Limited v6 with pretty much everything you said for about 29 grand out the door with 0% Still going back and forth but the rav seems the best bang for your buck.
  • Options
    crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    The lesser you paid the lesser the value when you sell.
    What goes around comes around. This is not real estate, the value will NOT go up in years. Just my 2cents
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    The lesser you paid the lesser the value when you sell.
    What goes around comes around. This is not real estate, the value will NOT go up in years. Just my 2cents

To some extent...

A fully loaded vehicle will depriciate faster than a base one. In 5 years, a used base one will be priced about the same as the fully loaded one. If the fully loaded one has electronics, like GPS, voice commands... ect, it may even detract from the potential buyers because a repair of such complex system can be costly.

Don't believe me, check out used prices on the appraisor here for a 2005 CR-V LX AWD, and 2005 CR-V EX-L with same mileage. They are pretty much few hundred dollars apart.
  • Options
    tocatoca Member Posts: 147
    Blue, that would be a difficult comparison because there was no CRV EX-L trim in 2005. The CRV top of the line trim for the model year was the SE. Also, a quick check on KBB using 50k miles and a private party sale while rating the vehicles as Good, showed a $2,800 + difference in price - a fairly sizeable difference in price.

But, in your scenerio let's say the LX was close in price to the SE - say a few hundred dollars. Assuming the vehicles were in relatively the same condition, which one would you buy? Most would take the SE. Bottom line is when it comes time to sell your car (and you plan on selling the vehicle on your own), one may get a quicker sale if they have the higher trim level.
This discussion has been closed.