Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-9 side mirror

nikolay23nikolay23 Member Posts: 11
edited July 2014 in Mazda
Hello,
The glass on my passenger side mirror (heated mirror) is broken. The mirror frame is fine. Is it something that i can buy and replace myself. Is it difficult to do? Do i need to go to the dealer to order the glass or i can get it online?I couldn't find any web sites online that would sell this. How much would this part cost?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    edited April 2010
    Do you have the BSM? (blind spot monitoring system)
    Typically (not sure about Mazda), dealers sell the whole assembly of side mirror. They don't just sell the glass/mirror part. One such ensemble will cost you
    about $240.
    http://www.mazdaparts.org/macxdomiwitu.html

The other option is to go eBay way.
    I have seen replacement glass/mirror on eBay.
    However, those won't work with BMS (i.e. no LED light), and may not be heated (which may be OK with you - it depends).
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=mazda+cx9+mirror&_- sacat=See-All-Categories

If the anchors are intact, putting the glass part back on is just a "snap".
  • Options
    nikolay23nikolay23 Member Posts: 11
    Hello,
    Thanks for the info
    Mine doesn't have the BSM. Ebay mentiones 2009 model and mine is 2010. Are they identical mirrors? To remove the old glass, do i just pull it or actually need to disassemble the whole mirror assembly. The anchors are still intact i assume as the old glass is still in. it just has a "spider" on it.
    Ebay does mention the glass to be heated.

Thanks,
  • Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    edited April 2010
    Replacing the glass part is easy.
    Push the top side in all the way so that the bottom side edges out of the cover a bit. Pull the bottom side of the glass downward(outward).
    Reverse the process for installing.
    Ask the eBay sell if it is 2010 compatible.

If it is heated, there is wire connected to the back of glass. You would know what to do once you get it off.
This discussion has been closed.