Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Journey Brake Problems

chief00chief00 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in Dodge
I own a 2009 Dodge Journey and I have had 3 sets of front and rear brakes replaced. I also had 2 front end alignments + a steering wheel centering. I presently have 17546 miles on it and dont understand how this is possible????. Does anyone have these issues as well. PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments

• smwillsmwill Member Posts: 1
    I own an '09 Journey that i had to have the front brakes and rotors replaced at 26000 miles, now at 40000 I need to replace the back!! I see others are having this problem, has anyone had any luck getting anything out of the Dodge Company?
  • terrwenterrwen Member Posts: 2
    I have just had the second major brake job performed on my 2009 Journey. At 40,000 miles this is not funny. The brake shop( strictly brakes ) has informed me that they are seeing a major problem with these cars. They say there is something wrong and they want to get to the bottom of this. :(
  • mad_owner1mad_owner1 Member Posts: 1
    I had to have my brake pads replaced at 25000 miles and my 2009 dodge journey AWD has been in the shop 7 times in the last 6 months. My PTO unit keeps going out and they say they fix it and or replace the whole PTO unit and it still leaks. I am starting the Arkansas Lemon Law proceeding and hopeing to have car replaced. If not they had better give me a extended warrenty.
  • terrwenterrwen Member Posts: 2
    I got a notice ( not recall ) from Chrysler last week stating that there are brake issues with this car. They asked to make an appointment and they would repair. There would be a deductible of 50.00 or 100.00 depending on mileage.
  • anhowellanhowell Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem at 30000 miles front and back now need new brakes on the front at 42000 miles something is wrong with that picture im trading that pice off shi...t in i"m not buying another american car agian
  • jason111jason111 Member Posts: 1
    holy cow!!,thought we were all alone on this brake issue.my journey has 21,000 miles and had the rear brakes and rotors done 2-17-12.at 13,500miles the same was done on the front.I did get my money back from the manufactuer on the front.sorry your not alone
  • msmith30msmith30 Member Posts: 3
    I have had many problems with our brakes. We have owned our 09 Journey for 2 years and put 5 SETS OF BRAKES. This is absolutely ridiculous! Dodge should have a recall but they will not admit they have an issue. We will NEVER buy a Chrysler vehicle AGAIN! Chrysler gives American made vehicles a BAD NAME!!
  • studz223studz223 Member Posts: 1

Have had my Journey (2012) for 2 yrs. last Nov. had to replace rear brake pads in Oct. the were beginning to squeal....would have figured it would have been front brakes but there still good..will do them in spring. I was told by mechanic that the newer rear brakes are smaller so they wear faster...
    Did them myself for about $45... Pretty straight forward ....