Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Satellite Radio Question

jl1976jl1976 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Subaru
I just bought a 2009 Legacy. It is satellite ready and I have a Sirius receiver that I took out of my old car. After calling a Stereo installer, I was told that I need the actual Subaru satellite receiver and mine won't work. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hank60hank60 Member Posts: 1
    I too have a 2009 Legacy with the Harmon-Kardon system that I have been trying to add Sirius to, and have it function with the SAT button on factory radio. I installed the Subaru Sirius XM kit from replacement radios.com, but it would not work. I checked with the technical advisors at company that makes this kit, and was told that nothing will "talk" to the factory radio fully except the Sirius/XM units from the Subaru dealers made for this car ($350-$600 NOT installed, depending on which dealer). I also have tried to find adapters/interfaces from CRUTCHFIELD, but to no avail so far! The dealers, or stereo installers in my area, want about $125 to install the satellite radio system into the vehicle. This seems like a lot of money for a car that is advertised as "satellite capable".
This discussion has been closed.