Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

It acted lke it has ran out of gas?

dcleavittdcleavitt Member Posts: 1
I have a 05 and the other day I was driving it and it started to act like it was running out of gas? I have gas in the car? I was able to cost to my driveway, and than try to start it it stared and than died right away. Now it will not start it sounds like it going to but nothing just tries? I am trying the passlock thing now? I dont rember seeing the light o=come on when it happend? but I hoping its somthing easy? do you have any thoughts on what I can try? thanks

Comments

• Options
    burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    I don't hink the problem is passlock since it happened while it was running (passlock only keeps it from starting, it won't turn it off if already running). The first place I would look is the fuel supply pressure. It sounds a lot like a bad fuel pump, or possibly a clogged filter (less likely), or an electrical problem in the fuel pump circuit.
  • Options
    heskaheska Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 and same thing was happening. I replaced fuel pump and have not had the problem since. That was May 2010. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    msflashmsflash Member Posts: 1
    About 2 months ago, my car would not start and it turned out that the timing chain had broken. Now it won't start, I noticed it at first on a cold morning. I went out to go to work and it took 3 tries to start it. Now this morning I went out to go to work, it was not cold this time, and it would not start. It tried to start once but then it popped and then would not start. If my husband sprays ether, it will start until the ether burns off. Do you have any idea as to what it could be.