Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Van bucking and stalling

calishayecalishaye Member Posts: 6
I have a 2002 Chrysler Voyager EC that randomly jerks or bucks while I have my foot lightly on the gas pedal. If I come to a stop or slow down, when I put my foot on the gas pedal to speed up, it doesn't want to go. It hesitates as if no power, then catches and speeds up. Sometimes it stalls. On occasion it has a very rough start and after idling for a few seconds, shuts off. Takes about 10 tries before it runs. Then it may run great for a few days before acting up again. Only does this when gas pedal is lightly pressed. Could this be the throttle sensor? Just had the crankshaft sensor replaced twice in one year. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    alamo123alamo123 Member Posts: 1
    SAME situation. 2003 Voyager. Anyone ?
  • Options
    kwolff74kwolff74 Member Posts: 1
    Same issue here. Thought it was because it had sat for so long before I bought it - thought maybe gunk in the tank or a clog? as it seemed to only do it when low on gas, however, it is hit and miss. Last week it jerked me all the way to work and back all week with a full tank. Made the 30 minute drive interesting.
  • Options
    pancevopancevo Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem and it was a 10pin Injector Wire Harness melted on top of the exhaust manifold (THE MOST PREVALENT V6 CHRYSLER ENGINE PROBLEM). The connector has "two plastic fingers" to be plugged into the firewall (or someplace) to keep the cable from falling on super-hot metal. You mechanic might have (un)intentionally left it laying there and causing the "melt". It's hard to see because it's below "the coil" and the power steering reservoir and you have to look very hard to see it - more likely (when engine cold) you can feel it if you follow exhaust manifold by hand all of way back.
    When those 10 wire insulation melt they create a bunch of short's and can kill you ECU (computer) and/or Catalytic Converter (by flooding it with fuel) and potentially cause more internal engine damage and it could literally destroy your car - MECHANIC'S DREAM!!!
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE WAS NO RECALL ON IT.