Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

01 Safari AWD with Thumping when turning

journey77journey77 Member Posts: 1
I have a 2001 GMC Safari AWD that has a thumping sound when I turn into a parking space, turn the wheel all the way in one direction or the other. It almost sounds like the rear is being "dragged" when this starts happening.

Anyone have any suggestions? my mechanic & the GM Dealership have tried several things but nothing is working

Comments

• Options
    slave2gmslave2gm Member Posts: 1
    Change your transfer case fluid to the "blue colored type" sold at the dealership. I forgot what they called it but it cured my same symptoms, for a while, 2 yrs. then it will slowly come back, trust me...
  • Options
    kkollarkkollar Member Posts: 1
    2000 chevy astro I've bought it new and had braking problems forever it seems. I took the ABS fuse out and now works great. I just replaced lower ball joint and very expensive wheel bearing, changed the fluid in rear punkin and front differential and turning is now worse than ever. I thought maybe it was an axle but I will try changing fluid in transfer case before I go tearing the entire front end off
    Thank You!