Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Replacing GMC Yukon Catalytic Converter

95c22095c220 Member Posts: 3
Ok..my passenger side catalytic converter went up. Trying to find out if anyone has had any luck with just replacing the cat and not the whole exhaust with both converters and all the piping. I know it will be cut out and welded. Trying to find someone that has done so and been successful since it seems I can only buy a universal converter instead of an OE replacement. What brand did you buy and what mods besides cutting and welding? Did the OBII code clear? I have a 2003 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3L.

Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dustin

Comments

• Options
    dgj08dgj08 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I am having the same issue. I've been quoted several prices ranging from $175 to replace passenger side only (of course this will be a cut and weld process) to $1266 for entire system replacement. Let me know what information you find as well regarding what brand converter will be used.
  • Options
    95c22095c220 Member Posts: 3
    Went online and bought a full exhaust with both Cats. from Parts Bin. Got an Evan Fisher for $240.00 w/free shipping (Part # REPG960301). Had my local Muffler shop install for $130.00 Sold the two old cats to a salvage yard for $75 each. Ends up costing me $220. Yukon runs great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parts bin link _ http://www.thepartsbin.com
  • Options
    montethepoodlemontethepoodle Member Posts: 1
    There are two catalytic convertors, and my dealer qouted 1125 US to replace the catalytic converter. Went to Johnny Franklin Muffler in Santa Rosa and had it done for 355 US.

Going to mufler shop saved 800 yeah.