Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Member Spotlight - Ateixeira Aug/Sept 2012

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited July 2012 in General
If you frequent the Subaru topics, or just about any Forums topic, you're bound to run into Ateixeira. He's been a member since 1998 (correct me, if I'm wrong, juice!) and it won't be long until he reaches 70,000 posts! Of course, that's just counting from 2001, so he has most likely surpassed 100K. Whew!

Here's a few things you may or may not know about the Juiceman.

What was your first car?
1980 Ford Mustang Ghia

Of all the cars you’ve owned, which was your favorite and why?
1998 Subaru Forester. It sparked my interest in Edmunds.com and inspired me to create a community (Subaru Crew).

If you were a car which car would you be and why?
I'm useful, practical, family friendly. Not too fast and no expensive taste. A Forester.

If you could invite 3 cars over for dinner which would you have?
A 458 Italia, GT40, and Nissan GT-R walk in to a bar...

If you could design the car of the future, what feature would it have?
Self healing bumpers.

What is the highest mileage you’ve ever put on a car?
Not that high - 107k (it was totalled).

How often do you log into Edmunds Forums?
Too much! Daily.

Which forums do you frequent and why?
Subaru Crew (co-founder)
Toyota Sienna (own one)
I saw a NEW (chit chat)
GM (not sure how I ended up there)
Name that car (not actual thread name)

How did you pick your screen name and why?
Just my name. I wanted to change it to "juice" or "juiceman" but it would have lost my membership history. I joined last century!

Thanks, Ateixeira, for your great participation! Perhaps we should change your title Subaru Crew Grand Poobah! A hearty Huzzah-Huzzah shall be shouted when you enter and exit. :shades:

Comments

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Hmm, Juice or Juiceman - electric vehicles or blender concoctions?
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    There was a neighborhood character called "Juiceman" back when we were in high school. He'd get us underage kids cases of beer in exchange for a couple of beers from the case. He has sadly passed on.
  • colin_lcolin_l Member Posts: 591
    Hey Juice,

I think it might be interesting to share how many folks you've met in person as a result of discussions on Edmunds. Fellow forum members, manufacturers, any Edmunds staff?

Maybe an itemized list is a bit much, but I'm curious about the number at least. :)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Well, I'm horrible with names, but let me try...

Gotta give props to Mike S., Subaru Crew co-founder. He's probably the first I met in person, at a local meet of mostly Impreza 2.5RS owners. My Forester and his Legacy GT were odd men out, but they still made us feel welcomed.

Also to Bob H., good buddy and partner in crime when it comes to the auto show circuit. He and I are friends even outside the car biz. I lost count of how many times I've seen him - dozens.

Lots of old school Subaru Crew members, too. Ken came to Baltimore once. Frank has joined myself and Bob at several auto shows. I've seen Lucien play with his band, and he joined us for the hike that Steve "Hutch" planned at King and Queen Seat.

Can't forget mike (little m) "paisan" and Dave (one of many Daves).

Who was the mopar guy who met us at the Philly show one year?

Patti, from Subaru, of course.

SubieGal, aka Jamie.

I'm sure there are more. Let me think about who else I've met in person...
    Forgot him, at the NY show. Bob and I met him there on 2 occasions.
    Perhaps the only Edmunds rep I've met in person, Bob came to the Philly show one year to bring us some swag. It was very cool to see him.

I've communicated off line with Sylvia, Karen, Steve, Claire, and PR Lady (Jeanine) so I feel like I know them, even though I don't think we've met in person.

The DC Auto Show is pretty decent now that they moved it to a date right after NAIAS (Detroit), so if anyone find themselves in the DC area in early January, we could plan a big meet with Edmunds members.
    How can I forget? I thought I had lost Ed at our Pine Barrens fun run, but it turns out he intentionally dropped back so he could hammer it. We both did a water crossing in our Foresters for one of the best action pics I took of Sandy.
  • ladywclassladywclass Member Posts: 1,713
    and while we haven't met IRL, we both seem to 'lust' after the Subaru 2-seater ... in concept, of course!
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,759
    What is the highest mileage you’ve ever put on a car?
    Not that high - 107k (it was totalled).

107?! Craziness! Of course, that doesn't mean everything you own is a baby. I seem to recall your previous Miata was getting up there in age when you replaced it. Wasn't it a 1993 MY?

I'd say close to half of the vehicles I have owned had more miles than that when I first acquired them. :blush:
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Didn't you also meet Brock Yates at one of the Detroit Shows?

And not only Patti from SOA, but Dave Sullivan (Product Manager for several car lines), and a bunch of other SOA employees that we met at various SOA events that we were invited to.

Bob
    Yes, Brenda and I will share the B9 Scrambler concept as soon as Subaru agrees to sell it to us. Co-owners and buddies!
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, the Miata was the oldest car I've owned, but not high mileage. It was 15 years old when I sold it, and still ran like a top. In some ways I regret selling it.

I hope the ND Miata goes back to its roots - lighter, lower cowl and door sills, more open. SkyActiv engine for better mpgs.
    Yes, and Brock Yates was hilarious. I told him "I knew I'd meet a famous person" and he responded that when he saw someone famous he'd tell me. :D

Also got to shake good ol' Shelby's hand, and have him sign a Mustang GT500 press kit for me. Very cool. :shades:

I was focusing on Edmunds members, though. I'm sure I forgot some!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    JUICE JUICE JUICE!!

I think it's been WAY too long since that Philly Auto Show when I got to meet a lot of Edmunds and Crew members for the first time and put faces and voices to the user names.

We need another one of those semi-organized "happenings" again.

Don't spotlight members buy the first round??? :shades:
    If you come out to the east coast, sure!

Of course it's not exactly auto show season. DC is in January. Baltimore is usually around February and not as big. Philly is a little later, then NY in April.

We should try to get a group to one of those shows.
  • ladywclassladywclass Member Posts: 1,713
    Been thinking about Ed this week. The Studebaker clubs have an annual 'meet' in South Bend, but every 5 years they have a BIG one. This is the week of the BIG one .... we live near the fairgrounds where the cars are gathered today ... from the looks of things it is a big group this year. There will be a parade at 4 this afternoon ...
    I know Ed got a Porsche 911. He may have sold his Studebaker...not sure.

I e-mail him once in a while. Saw him a few years ago in Philly.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    "The DC Auto Show is pretty decent now that they moved it to a date right after NAIAS (Detroit), so if anyone find themselves in the DC area in early January, we could plan a big meet with Edmunds members."

Yeah, let's do it. Maybe one or more of the hosts can join us.
    edited August 2012
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/03/foreign-auto-companies-irked-by-obama-snub-at- - -dc-auto-show/

Last year even the President came! He miffed a few import brands, though.

Looks like late January, so plan ahead so you can make it!
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    I was at the Philly show they year that Juice came up, and the Subaru people "sponsored" the gathering.

Andre69, Grbeck and Lemko were there too I remember.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

OK, I think Andre69 is the Mopar guy I mentioned above, is that correct?

Now I wish I'd paid more attention to the folks who came, vs. just the cars. LOL

We need 2 days at the auto show, one to see the cars and the other to chat with other folks. It's fun, for instance, to view the Dodge display with a Mopar fan, because they tell you the ins and outs.

Come to a Subaru display with me and I'll share a whole bunch of useless trivia. :D
    Karen - thanks very much for the thoughtful gift, I really appreciate it!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2012
    Oh good, you got the box of official Edmunds "Chipmunk Poison" then?

(My neighbor has trapped and relocated 25 of them this summer. The wiring in my Subaru seems to still be intact).
    Hope he didn't "relocate" them to the Mid Atlantic. We have enough of Alvin and his crew here! :D
    edited August 2012
    He takes them across the creek on the other side of town (and everyone on that side of the creek drops theirs off on our side of town...).

That post you made about getting your insurance to pay for your repairs helped my sister out when critters ate the wiring in her Forester. She would have been out about $2,000 otherwise. :sick:
    $750 worth of damage to the wiring harness on my Sienna.

Earlier they got the ignition wires on our Legacy, too.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,890
    and it won't be long until he reaches 70,000 posts!

that's...

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited August 2012
    just...

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited August 2012
    absurd.

:P

I'm not even close. Still 200+ away. Pffft. :D
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    Good luck, Juice. Looking forward to your new Click and Clack show...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Funny, Fezo never got people walking in on his Spotlight discussion and asking for help fixing their cars. :P

(Posts moved to more topical spots)
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,759
    (Posts moved to more topical spots)

In that case, you're welcome to delete my post as well, Steve! :)
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Heh, missed yours entirely. Must have been moving posts while you were composing.

Juice is going to wonder what all the excitement was about. :D
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Funny, Fezo never got people walking in on his Spotlight discussion and asking for help fixing their cars.

Thank goodness! I always have an answer but it's hardly ever correct.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    well, since every answer starts with "call your lawyer about updating your will", what do you expect?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

LOL, I thought it was because of all the womenfolk in his household.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Thank goodness! I always have an answer but it's hardly ever correct.

Just like Tom and Ray...I guess you could have a car show!!
    I always have an answer but it's hardly ever correct.

Just say "it's all ball bearings these days".
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Just like Tom and Ray...I guess you could have a car show!!

Yes! Exactly!! I'm always right when someone calls and the problem is the thermostat stuck open.... Used to be a $5 DIY job. Now they hide thermostats where you can't find them - kind of like Honda oil filters.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.