Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus ES 300h

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited July 2014 in Lexus
New vehicle, new discussion! This is the place to talk about the upcoming Lexus ES300h.

Comments

• msymanmsyman Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know if this can be purchased for less than sticker?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I'd say it is doubtful given that it is a brand new model, and most dealerships don't have any inventory yet. I found a grand total of 2 listed in my metro area (Kansas City).

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• qduqdu Member Posts: 4
    I actually got one - $1,300 under stick price. I wasn't planning to buy one until insisted price was accepted :-)
  • msymanmsyman Member Posts: 25
    Could you please let me know where you bought and the details. Thanks
  • jmike_mikejjmike_mikej Member Posts: 4
    I don't see anyone posting the price they paid.
    Here is what i got, for 2013 ES300h with Navigation, Leather, Heated Seats, Parking Assist, Navigation, Rear SunShade etc for $43K (Excluding Tax, title, tag etc).. Is this a good price?, shall i pull the trigger?.
  • sflm3itouringsflm3itouring Member Posts: 3
    what is the MSRP on your config. for which they have quoted you $43k.
    MSRP $46300
  • bic64bic64 Member Posts: 12
    MSRP $44,427. Paid $40,427, and also was able to obtain Lexus all-weather mats (worth ca. $200) free of cost. That is, the negotiated price was ca. $4200 below the MSRP, translating to a discount of approx. 9.4%.
    What features does it have? Does it have Leather, Navigation, Rear Sun shade, BSM and Parking assist?
    Yes, it does have the features you mentioned above and some more, i.e., leather (which is part of Luxury Pkg), Display Audio, Wood Heated Steering Wheel, Rain sensing wipers with deicer, Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert, HID Headlamps, Power Rear Sunshade, Intuitive Parking Assist, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net & Wheel Locks.
    Which state is this? also the final price you mentioned is excluding tax and other dealer fees or including? Thats a good price you got ,regardless.
    State is NJ. The purchase price given above was before tax, etc. The final cost after tax, etc was just shy of $44,000.
  • djrobsddjrobsd Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2013
    2013 ES300h w/ leather luxury package, navigation, back up camera, parking sensors, rear sun shade, rain sense wiper, HID lamps, blind spot, intuitive park assist, mats & applique, wood steering wheel and shifter MSRP 46,320:

Lease 46mo 10k mile per year, $650/mo including SD CA 8% sales tax w/ only $1500 down, and $5000 negative equity on my trade. Already got the trade appraised at Carmax and 2 other places and Lexus was the highest offer on the trade.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Are you seeking opinions or have you already done this deal? If you haven't done the deal, I would recommend not doing it - that's way too much negative equity to roll into a new lease. If you have already done this deal, enjoy the car, although it will cost you around 78 cents a mile if you complete the lease as stated.

Take care

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
    No I haven't yet. I was trying to figure out if that was a normal range of price to pay for a loaded es300 hybrid when you take out the negative equity.

I'm still not sure how a lease works with negative cost cap reduction.

To me it seems if they are advertising a lease for 369 a month without tax with 3900 due at signing and I am only putting 1500 down and rolling negative then it is around where it should be but who knows. Does anyone know for every thousand dollars change how much it would increase a lease on a car like this?

Is there a one to one relationship with buying a car with higher MSRP then the advertised lease special and negative cost cap? Ie if the lease they advertise is for an MSRP of 39900 and the car I pick out is 46300 how does that change things?
    You need to educate yourself on how leases work and how they are calculated. I think there is a section on Edmunds that can help you out. Never accept a nationally advertised lease as a figure locked in concrete - there is usually some profit built in to help dealers make more money. Selling price is one of the main factors used to calculate the lease monthly payment - smart shoppers negotiate the lowest selling price possible. For each $1000 the selling price is decreased or increased, a 36 month lease payment will change approximately $28 a month. Negative equity is added directly to the selling price. Therefore, if you add $5000 negative equity to a lease, you would be paying about $140 per month just to cover the cost of trading in your old leased vehicle. Your post history indicates that you don't keep cars long - you would be much better served by entering into a much shorter lease term (24 months) or conventionally finance for no more than 36 months. But before you do anything, educate yourself on how to buy or lease a car - dealers love customers who are confused - they make a lot of money on them.

Hope this helps,

Bill G
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response to my questions about leasing a vehicle. I usually keep cars only if I'm 100% satisfied with them - in the case of my current vehicle, I thought I was buying a Lexus, when in fact I got something more along the lines of a Toyota Corolla with some fancy trim on the inside. When I bought it the dealership pulled the wool over my eyes by giving me the quick 1 freeway exit test drive, and I should have drove it a much longer distance before making a buying decision. The Ct200h is a very attractive hybrid but it is very uncomfortable to drive for long distances due to the vibrations and noise which the dealership service department told me is "Normal for the ct200". It's a 4 year lease and I still have 3 more years to go on it.... It's probably a horrible idea for me to jump ship from this car, but I guess I weigh in heavily the fact that I'm paying $535 a month for a vehicle that feels like a $299 prius C to me. I know it's not quite as bad, but that's the closest analogy I could come up with.

Anyway, you're probably right a 24 month lease would be much better for me. I will have to weigh the payment vs future risk factor in and see if it would work out for me.

BTW, I realize MSRP is the best thing to negotiate with the dealer. But, in a lease, can't they make it back in other ways such as jacking up the money factor or changing the residual, or are those fixed by the manufacturer and unable to be changed based on my credit score (I qualify for tier1+ rates from LFS).

Are there any "penalty rates" when you roll in negative equity do they increase the money factor because it's more of a risk to the lender to loan more then the msrp of the vehicle?

Lastly, are there many dealers out there that are confident enough in their product that they will let me take it for a demo drive for a few hours (or maybe even a day to commute to work and back) so I can see if I really want it so I don't make the same mistake again?
    Some dealers will attempt to jack up the money factor - the good ones don't. With your credit, you qualify for LFS best rate and you should demand it. The lease expert on Edmunds (screen name Carman), found in the various lease questions forums, can provide the latest money factors, residual percentages and incentives available. There should be no money factor penalties for negative equity other than you are paying interest on the rolled in amount. Keys to leasing: lease a vehicle with high residual value, negotiate lowest possible selling price, get the lowest possible money factor. Of course, when a trade in vehicle is involved, the whole thing gets tricky depending on the value of the trade in and how much is owed on it. As far as test drive, I guess you should find a dealer who will allow you to test drive the vehicle to the point you are satisfied that you can make an informed judgment that the vehicle will do what you want it to do after you take possession.

Bill G
  • slowdriverslowdriver Member Posts: 41
    What's the actual milage on an ES-300H? Tha stated milage is 40/40 but is that achievable?

Thanks!
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    My three week old one with over 500 miles on the last two fill-ups is averaging just over 41 mpg.
  • slowdriverslowdriver Member Posts: 41
    500 miles between fill-ups is very good. Is the mileage highway, local or mixed?
    My mpg is based on mixed driving, close to 50/50.
    edited March 2014

Last tankful mpg was a touch under 44 mpg. Very pleased.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

44 is a nice number when you head to the pump!

• bob289bob289 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2014

Im not sure where to post this and this seems like the correct place. I just picked up an 2014 Lexus ES 300h for 50,500.00 OTD. It came with the luxury package, rear sun shade, radar cruz, rain sensing wipers, HID, blind spot monitor, intuitive parking assist, pre collision sys heated stearing wheel, and illuminated door still. Basically almost everything but the ultra lux package. Did i get a good price? On a side note I think they got me on the 8 yr 120k extended warranty, prepaid maintenance, and the clear bra cover on the front of the car for additional 7k. So total 57kish.

• ag1991ag1991 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014

At the beginning of last month I bought a New 2014 Lexus ES300h Starfire Pearl (White) Exterior with Parchment (Tan/Beige) Interior in Missouri.

Features/packages include:

• Premium Package
    • Lexus Display Audi/Backup Camera Package
    • Intuitive Parking Assist
    • Blind Spot Monitor with Cross Traffic Alert
    • Heated Wood and Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel
    • Alloy Wheel Locks
    • Key Gloves
    • Cargo Net
    • Carpeted Trunk Mat
    • All Weather Mats
    • Rear Bumper Applique

MSRP $44,477
    Paid $39,601 +$199 Dealer Fee = $39,800
    I did the 0.9% APR for 60 months

How did I do?

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Sounds like you did pretty good :)

Be sure to keep us informed on how things go with your new ride!

• seanatlseanatl Member Posts: 2
    Ag1991 - sounds like you got a great deal. Did yours come with Navigation? Is that inclusive or TTL fee? I'm in the market for an ES300H with Nav. Anyone in Texas know of a good place to buy one?