Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-9 BCM Body Control Module

tshermantsherman Member Posts: 2
I've got an 08 CX-9 GT AWD with what I think is a bad BCM. The following warning lights are always on:
BRAKE
TCS OFF
OIL PRESSURE
SKID CONTROL
the BSM OFF light blinks
the turn signals on the dash don't blink, but the outside turn signals do work. All voltage inputs to the 7 connectors on the BCM have been verified to be correct. Voltage from the oil pressure switch was verified to be correct - meaning there actually is oil pressure.

I am debating just changing the BCM myself, but I may have learned that the BCM has to be programmed by a dealership. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Tyson

Comments

• Options
    davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    Can it be that the BCM does work because everything is working as it should and what is faulty is your instrument cluster? They are electronic after all.
  • Options
    tshermantsherman Member Posts: 2
    Any idea how to check that? The outputs from the BCM to instrument cluster are not able to be checked, so it would have to be checked at the instrument cluster connections right?

I have the factory manual and a voltmeter. I guess I could check the input for each light (if that's how it works!)

Tyson
  • Options
    davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    I am not sure how to check them. I am sure there is a way to do so. Clusters do go out and must be replaced as a whole unit in our case. Sorry I am not of much help.