Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Chevy Equinox Acceleration Issue and.....

sandra2013sandra2013 Member Posts: 2
Bought my car (and 3 other cars too) February 2013...the dealer in Phoenix has the worse customer service. I have to drive over 1.50 hr to get there one way....My car seems to accelerate on its own, along with the radio shutting completely off, light dimming going bright when the weather has not changed...makes it very dangerous for driving and very distracting. "Service Director" said he would pull my file and call me to take my car in and he would handle evrything so that I could get a loaner....never heard back from him after sending him several emails and cell text messages. He finally responded when I told him I was filing a BBB complaint (filing tomorrow) and sending a formal letter to GM. GM and Chevy should care about the safety of their customers. Had fog lights installed and the inside indictator worked for a few days...so I can't tell if they are on or off....I still think there is something electrical going on with my car. My biggest concern is the acceleration. I have a huge list of complaints regarding this dealership and their employees. Have not owned a Chevy since 1980......NEVER will I buy another Chevy!!! Can't wait to trade this car in........ My daughter as well has already filed a complaint for her Sonic! She wants then to exchange her car....looks like we need to call a lwayer soon. Once they get you to sign on the dotted line, customer services goes out the door!!

Comments

• Options
    djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    SUGGESTION:
    Contact GM by phone, and speak to a Customer Service Representative. (You will find a phone number in your "owners package" in the glove compartment.) Make a list of all the issues with your vehicles. ----- Be VERY PROFESSIONAL with both GM and the dealer. ------ Open a "case number" on each vehicle. ---- When you present your vehicle for service, give the "case number" to the Service Advisor at the dealership. You now have both GM and the dealer working on these issues. I had a problem with a 2010 LTZ Malibu that was resolved to my satisfaction using this method! ------- For a problem to be solved, EVERYONE has to be on the same page! ------- Remember, BE PROFESSIONAL! ---- With a new vehicle, you are under warranty, so you should be getting a loaner vehicle to use. ------ Best regards! ------ Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • Options
    sandra2013sandra2013 Member Posts: 2
    Thank YOu Dwayne :-) :surprise:
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    sandra2013,

I am deeply sorry to hear that you had a bad experience(s) at your local dealership. Please contact Chevrolet Customer Service either by phone at 800-222-1020 or email us at www.socialmedia.gm.com. We are interested in hearing more about your dealership concern.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    antcastroantcastro Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

Yeah I have the same electrical problem with my 2013 Equinox. The interior light go our intermitantly. The dealership has had my car since Thanksgiving and can't get it to duplicate the problem. I also have been driving on the high way and with no warning the car has just died. Also after having it back for almost a week it dies again. I am so frustrated with GM right now, as they obiously know about this electrical issues. So what has GM done for your problems? I have already contacted GM Customer Service and they just call the dealership. I found out that Customer Service is just the middle man between the customer and the dealership.

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

@antcastro said:
    Yeah I have the same electrical problem with my 2013 Equinox. The interior light go our intermitantly. The dealership has had my car since Thanksgiving and can't get it to duplicate the problem. I also have been driving on the high way and with no warning the car has just died. Also after having it back for almost a week it dies again. I am so frustrated with GM right now, as they obiously know about this electrical issues. So what has GM done for your problems? I have already contacted GM Customer Service and they just call the dealership. I found out that Customer Service is just the middle man between the customer and the dealership.

Regarding the lights going out, is this a just daytime thing or at night also?