Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cadillac Escalade EXT (2002)

pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802

"If you've often thought about dropping a ton of cash on a new luxury SUV but can't tear yourself away from the practicality of your trusty ol' pickup truck, the EXT might just be your ticket."

Read the complete article here. What do you think?

Pocahontas

Host

Pickups Message Board

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greg116greg116 Member Posts: 116
    Front end= Cadillac
    B-pillar and EVERYTHING else rearward= Avalanche.

No good! If youre gonna make it a Caddy, do something about that box... thing... It belongs on the Avalanche, not a Caddy!
  • Options
    smart99smart99 Member Posts: 48
    From the lack of response to this topic it's obvious that Cadillac has another loser. I'm not going to buy a truck that fancy because it just wouldn't feel right to do "real" work out of a Cadillac.
  • Options
    sweetjeldoradosweetjeldorado Member Posts: 94
    I don't think the EXT will sell very well starting off since the uniqueness of a luxury pickup or should I say crossover truck/SUV hybrid is a newly concept.

It is like for example when Lexus had introduced the LX450 in '96, they did not sold well at all but the concept of the idea became reality when the '98 Navigator was one of the first luxury SUVs alongside with Mercedes ML 320 that sold very well in their first year production.

The case can be the same with the Blackwood and EXT although time will tell how successful they will be. I think they will start selling well eventually after 2 years of introduction. Remember, people did not like the idea of luxury SUVs; now they are all over the place. Same case will be with the Blackwood and EXT along with other future potential production models coming from luxury automakers too.
  • Options
    ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    My .02, it's ugly,almost as much as the Pontiac Aztek, and for that kind of cash, I'd buy a new Vette!
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    GM doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks...and there's a lot of examples of this...
  • Options
    sweetjeldoradosweetjeldorado Member Posts: 94
    In the current issue of Motor Trend magazine, the EXT's will be on sale this winter with an estimated price of 52 grand.

I wonder who would look over the GMC Sierra 3 for the EXT.
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    would over look the Denali for the Escalade.