Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dodge Dakota Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Dodge Dakota. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Options
    aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    Car_man,

I'm looking at leasing a 2005 Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4x4 in Michigan. I'm looking at two different ones I have found using Dodge's inventory online.

Option A: 26E, V8 (not HO), auto, Tow group, sliding rear window MSRP $30,070
    Option B: 26D, V8 (not HO), auto Tow group MSRP $28,915

Do you know what the residuals would be after 24 months and 1k miles/mo? Thanks!
  • Options
    aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    Got my own answers as I leased option B. Looks like 58% residual value after 2y/24k, or $16770 buy out for option B. I wrote a check as a one time payment of $2276 including taxes and 1yr plate. Not bad, <$100/mo effectively.
  • Options
    roberto8roberto8 Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_Man,

I am looking at a new 2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab ST 4X4 with an MSRP of $26445. The negotiated Base Cap Cost is $18000. What is the money factor and residual value for this truck? Our sales tax is 8.25%. What would be a reasonable monthly payment with $0 down?

Thanks
  • Options
    hello? anyone? :confuse:
  • Options
    Hey roberto8. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab ST 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00332 and 43%, respectively. As you can see, DaimlerChrysler is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. If you really want to lease, you may be better off going with a 2007 model. The program for an otherwise identical lease of the 2007 version of this truck is currently .00198 and 47%.

DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $5,000 dealer cash on the 2006 Dodge Dakota and $2,000 lease cash on the 2007 model. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Thanks CM,

I will let you know how it goes. :)
  • Options
    Hey CM,

Have the Money Factor changed for Feb., or are there incetives for Presidents Day from Dodge for the 2007 Dakotas?

Thanks again for the info above. I will be getting the new Dakota by the end of next week.
    Cheers :)
  • Options
    You're very welcome, roberto8.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hey roberto8. I believe that Chrysler Financial's February lease program on the 2006 Dodge Dakota is the same as it was last month. DaimlerChrysler did increase its dealer cash incentive on the 2006 Dakota for President's Day to $5,500.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    jboehmjboehm Member Posts: 44
    Anybody know what the Residuals and Money Factors are on 2007 and 2008 QC SLT Dakotas? (I saw the 2007 above but does that change?) 36 months, 12k miles.

Thanks!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you bought a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat "special edition" model in the past year or so - or if you are a dealer who sold one - a reporter would love to hear about it. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 with your daytime phone number and a brief description of the car and your experience with it.