Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Infiniti M35/M45

Comments

• docladocla Posts: 15
    Does any one knows what changes infiniti is going to have in the M35/M45 in 2007? Is it worth to wait and get the 2007 M35?
  • sfcharliesfcharlie Posts: 402
    Based on previous postings on this board and discussion with local dealer, my understanding is only changes are rearranging option item into different packages. What was in the 2006 Journey package will have the Navigation system added to create a Nav-Tech package (enough buyers wanted only the DVD from the 2006 technology package). The 2006 technology package (minus NAV) will be called Advanced Tech. Premium will remain same, that is, include eveything. No actual new things/features/horsepower, etc.
  • blov8rblov8r Posts: 567
    Passenger's seat unchanged, doors still don't lock when driving, no "emergency key" to start the car if/when the transmitter's lost (by the way, if the transmitter's battery dies when the doors are locked, can you get into the car?) ... repackaging options appears to be the only thing new for 2007. They are sooooooooooo close to perfection it seems a shame they can't make those few small improvements. Bart :( :shades:
  • varixvarix Posts: 72
    I agree with pete_l_p on this, those are 3 relatively easy things to rectify that would make this car basically perfect. The seat is the biggest of the bunch, not a major issue for me personally, I never ride there but if my wife cared a wit it could of been a deal breaker...sadly. Infiniti really needs to get on that seat thing... the XM traffic and better iPod integration would be very nice but not essential and maybe even these could be updates/upgrades to my 2006 M35X in the future, wishful thinking...
  • jshattnerjshattner Posts: 32
    Funny how the passenger seat adjustment item seems to always come up as one of the top gripes in posts. In my 4-month experience with the M45S and a number of long trips where my wife and I shared driving, we've both commented on how the passenger seat in the M is the most comfortable we've owned (coming off LS400s, E55, E500). While I agree that it would not have been a big deal to put in more adjustability, we surely have not needed it! Just hope the seat springs and materials hold up well.
  • jperkins22jperkins22 Posts: 10
    I would say that the two biggest additions to the M45 would be better voice quality with the blue tooth (when the driver is talking) and a 6 or 7 speed transmission for better fuel economy.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 970
    The infiniti web site has the following description of the M series:

Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support

The 2006 model has only a 6 way adjustable passenger seat. Does this mean that the 2007 now has an improved passenger seat?

If so, this is not a minor change...but it is not on the 2007 information sheets given to infiniti salesmen.

Can anyone confirm or deny the change?
    The 2006 model has only a 6 way adjustable passenger seat. Does this mean that the 2007 now has an improved passenger seat?

From what I've read, and from my recent (last month) discussion w/ the local sales manager, the passenger seating remains unchanged in the '07 model. Finding this on the Infiniti website, however, would suggest otherwise ... or a website writer who doesn't know his/her facts. And you're correct ... giving the passenger a 10-way adjustable seat would be a HUGE improvement, no minor change by any stretch of the imagination. Bart :shades:
    10-way power driver and passenger seats

I just went to the Infiniti website, and found the following in the description of the interior amenities:

" ... 10-way power driver's seat adjustments ... ". There's no mention where I looked of the passenger seat.

Bart :confuse: :shades:
    infiniti web site, select M, select features & specifications, click on seating and trim...you will find the statement I quoted. By the way, the site is supposed to be refering to the 2006 M, not the 2007 one. We don't know if this is a change that crept onto the site recently, or if it's been wrong all year. The 2006 does not have even a 10 way drivers seat, so it's a mystery.
  • sfcharliesfcharlie Posts: 402
    Found it also:

"Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support"

Just copied that in from Infiniti website.
    Must be more than one Infiniti website! I just went back and found no such reference so we're obviously looking at two different sites. Why they would have two or more is odd, but the one I found makes no such mention. We'll know for certain re: the seating soon enough ... when they hit the dealers' showroom floors. Bart :shades:
    There is only one infiniti web sites. The phrase is still there.

Some of us would like to know before buying an 06. If, indeed nothing has changed, the 06 is a great lease deal. If they changed the seats, well then maybe waiting less than 30 days and getting an 07 is a better decision.
    I would expect that to be true ... but for the life of me the only reference I can find to interior and seating appointments is the one I quoted ... 10-way for the driver's seat, no mention of passenger's seat. That's why I raised the possibility of two sites. Again, according to the local sales manager the only changes in '07 will be option groupings ... the seating has not been changed. This was a month ago ... he hadn't yet received a car so his information may be off. We'll know in the fullness of time. Bart :shades:
    blov8r....you may have an old version of the page in your cache. Pull up the page and then hold down the shift key and click on the refresh icon. That will force a read of the latest page.
  • I just found the same info on the website. There are multiple places they list info about the seating. To see where it says that both the driver's and passenger's seat have the 10 way seats, go to infiniti.com, click on the "M" at the top, click on "Features and Specifications" on the left, and then click the "+" sign next to "Seating and Trim" to expand the info about it. It then says "Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support".
    I'll give it a try, but where's the "refresh icon"? Thanks. Bart :shades:
  • raizelgsraizelgs Posts: 84
    Refresh is either F5, Refresh under View, or the double arrow icon next to the stop icon on the Menus bar.
    Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support

Thanks ... I found it! We'll see whether it's "real" when the new models come in. Clearly seating is the biggest shortcoming in my '06. Bart :)
  • Does anyone know the MSRP and Dealer invoice on the different extended warranty plans that Infiniti offers? They only show one option on their website - 7 years/100k miles, but I'd be surprised if there aren't other options available.

If you bought one, what did you pay and for what terms?

I have an '07 on order that's coming in in a few weeks, just trying to have as much info as possible before I get the hard sell from the dealership!

Thanks for any info.
This discussion has been closed.