Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Civic 2007

atlratlr Member Posts: 22
edited July 2014 in Honda
I am starting this thread as a bookmark for information about what refinements the 2007 sedan has when compared to the 2006 eighth-generation Civic.

Here are links to the refinements made in the succeeding model years of the seventh-generation Civic.
http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2012?mid=2001090544194&mime=asc&archives=t
http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2012?mid=2002082048053&mime=asc&archives=t
http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2012?mid=2003100640288&mime=asc&archives=t
http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2012?mid=2004091072877&mime=asc&archives=t

Comments

• Options
    Navi+Bluetooth option for UK Civic SE costs about USD$2,500 though. Way too expensive for me. I'd pay $250 for Bluetooth intergated with the audio system.
  • Options
    doan4udoan4u Member Posts: 105
    Too bad we not seeing the Type-R model in the US. We might see some bug/defect being fixed. The model molding be add-on. The wheel and the engine is the only major change in Civic Sedan 2007. That which they called the Si Sedan 2007. :P I'm looking foward for more accessories and parts in Honda Civic 2006+. :shades:
  • Options
    battlestationsbattlestations Member Posts: 14
    I own an 06 EX sedan. Looking at 06/07 EX coupe for 2nd car. Would like to see the following additions/changes to the 06 Civics:

I would like to see interior color options instead of that being decided for me. ie, black coupe EX comes with ivory interior, Why not have the option of black or gray?

Add a leather seat option.

Possibly make all the colors of the sedan availible in the coupe.

Bluetooth capabilty as Nissan and Toyota are already doing.

I would like to see more accessory options, ie, Si wing for coupe. Si wing makes the coupe look a lot like a Lambourgini or something (if you get a chance, look at how cool an Si looks from any angle that the wing is at least partialy visible). The reason I don't want to be shifting gears and paying for premium gas (which the Si requires) but would love to have the look.

Also add the premium 360 watt stereo w/sub in the EX sedan.

An, an, hows bout a gun rack fer the back winder yall, so's we-uns can add that redneck touch an be duh envy uv the trailer park? Just kiddin!!! :shades:
  • Options
    roundtriproundtrip Member Posts: 105
    I have LX auto. and wish the drive shaft was on the steering wheel instead of between the two seats. I sold my Chevy Lumina that had such an open floor space. I could hit cruise and stretch my legs on long trips. Right now, my gas foot rubs against the middle divider. Also, when I use cruise, I pull my leg up some and do hit against the brake. I guess I'll get used to it, it just seems a little claustrophobic.
  • Options
    craig14craig14 Member Posts: 8
    I'd like to see bluetooth (as it is offered on Civic competitors now) come with the navi option or a separate option, the 2006 bugs fixed, and please fix the polarized LED display, they are 90 degrees off.. I can hardly see the displays with my polarized sunglasses. I've heard they will discontinue the Royal Blue with tan interior... mistake! One more thing, the XM receiver should come included on the EX. Afterall Honda is a co-owner of XM.
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    Plainly put, the model they are selling in the U.K. is worlds better than the previous-generation garbage we get in the U.S.

Give us that model.
    (note - this also happens with other cars - we got the Prius in the U.S. quite a few years after it was released in Japan)
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    How so? Give us the details!
  • Options
    http://www.honda.co.uk/civic/
    Coolest TV ad, ever, btw.

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/04/11/2006-honda-civic-euro-hatchback-fifth-gea- - r-review/
    The best car review, ever. :) Love that show.

Click on the window halfway down.

Highlights include hidden rear door handles, magic seats, really REALLY neat bodywork, and a TDI that actually will pass emissions in the U.S. when the new fuel is available - while getting about 48mpg(US). It's so much better than the current Civic we get.
  • Options
    brodie2brodie2 Member Posts: 32
    Love to see a trunk release on the FOB - its not available in canada
  • Options
    thomas20thomas20 Member Posts: 2
    I don't get the joke? Gun Rack for a civic, great idea.

(Upper Mississippi)
  • Options
    battlestationsbattlestations Member Posts: 14
    I bet them durn yankees readin' this forum got it. Just a little southern humor on the end, poking fun at redneck culture. (You know how the media portrays us from the south as ignorant, trashy, racist etc.). All the other stuff is legit and I believe would be enhancements to a great car.
  • Options
    butterflyjonesbutterflyjones Member Posts: 72
    UK hatch looks great but I wonder at what highway speed does it get 55 miles to the gallon??? That panoranic roof would make for a hot time in the southern US. Hope it wouldn"t shatter like is happening with the TCs!!! And the $$$ it would cost??? IF we had it here in the US you know diesel prices would be skyrocketing worse than they are already!!! :confuse: :sick:
  • Options
    That's 55MPG using imperial gallons, which are larger than U.S. ones. 47-48mpg highway would be the U.S. equivalent.

Look... It's bigger, has more features, has a ton more power, has the same magic seats - and larger cargo area.

Plus, it gets 10mpg better while doing it. What's not to like? When I saw this my enthusiasm for the Fit faded. I want THIS car instead.
  • Options
    charmedboi82charmedboi82 Member Posts: 7
    The UK version is much more expensive than the American version according to the prices quoted in the video review. Still, I'd at least like the OPTION of buying such a nicely-equipped vehicle.
  • Options
    Also, it has a turbo-diesel as an option and a 6-speed manual that looks like it was lifted out of the S2000.

I just don't get why. We buy more cars, spend more money on them, and are more car-crazy that anyplace else in the world and EVERYONE ELSE gets the new and cool versions.

We get the sanitized, dumbed-down, "bubba" versions. It was insulting in 1986 and two decades later, they're still doing it. Honda, of course, is the worst in this way - almost biggotted towards the U.S. It shows in their automotive lines, but is shockingly apparent in their motorcycles.

http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Honda/2005/CBX%20250%20TWister/
    You can get that in Mexico. But not in the U.S. It's Honda's version of a Kawasaki Ninja 250.

Yet we get nothing. I look at the U.K. Civic and wonder why we can't get it over here. It just makes no sense.
  • Options
    I admire the 5-door UK Civic too. Wow, the MSRP ranges from about USD$26000-30,000.
  • Options
    2007 Honda Model Change Summary (Partial) Rumors from Temple of VTEC
    http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=588785

No mention of any enhancements to the regular Civic sedan which is what I am wondering about. I am sitting on the fence about shopping for an 2006 sedan now or waiting until September or October for a 2007.
  • Options
    http://www.honda.co.uk/car/
    (unfortunately you have to deal with their Java-laiden site to get to the build your car area)

Base S model: £12930 - note, this includes tax.(On-the-road price)
    TDI Midrange SE model - £15895

Step 1: UK VAT is 17.5% - subtract that.
    Step 2: Convert to USD. multiply by 1.85955 (From XE.com)

So Base S: 11000 * 1.85955 = $20,455

A bit pricey, but not unreasonable.
  • Options
    I admire the 5-door UK Civic too.

Thanks for the correction on UK to US price equivalents I didn't understand how VAT should be taken in to consideration or out of consideration.

Now, I really, really would like to see the 5-door in the USA. I like the addition of VSA and magic seats.
  • Options
    charmedboi82charmedboi82 Member Posts: 7
    Because it would essentially be an export, VAT shouldn't be charged. However, the 15 quid model they spoke of (not the base model since that was hardly the model driven) is still a few thousand more than the most expensive Civic in the US (non-hybrid, of course). If they did offer the car in the US, there's really no way to know how much the car would be marketed at.
  • Options
    goofycatgoofycat Member Posts: 11
    Me too. Drove both the coupe and sedan yesterday. Coupe is made in Japan; sedan in either Canada or Ohio. I am just hanging back, taking my time and am in no hurry. Love the silver with gray interior.
  • Options
    goofycatgoofycat Member Posts: 11
    I agree. Honda and other bike mfrs have been doing this for years. The 250 pictured would sell like hotcakes over here and would be a nice alternative to the current batch of scooters designed to save gas. But try to find one of these bikes? Fogeddit! If Honda offered a hatchback Civic (not the Si with all the mileage-robbing horsepower and goo-gaws...just a relatively basic one) I would buy it in a minute. I also don't understand why the Japanese offer upgraded versions to the Europeans, but not to us. It's gotta be either WWII revenge, or that the Japanese are poor businessmen.
  • Options
    I think the ugly truth is that it's closer to what you suggest than many people want to believe. I firmly believe that until the current owners of Honda and Toyota and so on die off(and many are in their late 80s, so it won't be that long) - their resentment will fade. Japan is a very hierarchial society and racism and biggotry are very present at all levels - though nothing overt enough to get a law passed, of course. Of course, this means that there are virtually no laws against it as well.

Case in point - it made news a few weeks ago in Japan how travel companies were charging much higher rates to forigners for the same tickets as it was to everyone else. The companies merely were to told "don't do that" and nothing really resulted from it.

The older generation still see it as an "Us versus the outsiders" equation - and that filters down directly to the marketing.

There's no reason the U.S., with NAFTA in place, shouldn't get exactly what Canada and Mexico get for choices.

Getting back to Honda - Mexico gets a few more options on the Fit than in the U.S., plus a couple more colors - for no rational explination.

P.S. want to see super-slick for no money?
    http://www.sportbikez.net/picture/2668

80mpg. 18-20HP(way more than a Rebel 250). Freeway legal. Yes, it's 150cc - not 250cc as most people think. It'll go nearly 100mph and costs roughly $2000. Exactly 1/4 of a CBR600R engine.(the base one with 75-80hp)

I dream of the day I can buy one over here. It's so much cooler than a scooter. Yet all we get are 20 year old designs and things like the Ruckus that is so hideous I can't even look at it.
  • Options
    Here is a spec sheet that summarizes UK pricing and breaks out VAT.

http://media.honda.co.uk/brochures/car/HondaCivicSpecs.pdf
  • Options
    Some trim lines of the UK hatchback Civic come with a refrigerated glovebox. I like it.

The Fifth Gear showed a left-hand drive Civic in France. Come on, ship some of those puppies to the USA.
  • Options
    eric29eric29 Member Posts: 49
    I'd like to see Electronic Stability Control (EST) offered on all the models. A friend who drives a VW with EST just got in an accident on a local expressway. An 18 wheeler moved into the left lane and crushed his right front fender and tire. He had a concrete wall on his left and the truck on his right. The car braked straight and didn't fishtail into the wall (which would have sent him spinning next to the truck). People behind him were amazed that he kept the car straight. He said he saw the EST light on the whole way. It probably saved his life.
  • Options
    humanhuman Member Posts: 5
    The Civic Coupe should be a hatchback. I mean, why not? The Scion tC has a hatchback and it still looks like a regular coupe. Might as well make it one for more cargo room. Are there drawbacks?
  • Options
    I second that. Electronic Stability Control is standard on all the UK Civics. Wish it were here too.
  • Options
    newcarmannewcarman Member Posts: 55
    Good Day

I just wanted to add my opinion regarding the civic sedan.
    I really like to buy this car because of the reliability , looks, resale value etc etc but whats holding me back is because im very disappointed that there's no leather seats. no heated seats and no heated outside mirrors. Why they did that with the Civic i cant figure out.Mostly all car companies have that with small cars as options and the civic doesnt.

Does anyone know if there's a possibility that the 2007 civic sedan will have those options finally??

thank you
  • Options
    raychuang00raychuang00 Member Posts: 541
    1. CVT automatic transmission. This isn't so far-fetched because Honda already has integrated a CVT with the R-series engine on the new Honda Stream, so putting it in the Civic sedan is very easy to do.

2. Improved stereos, including better-designed iPod integration (e.g., you can control the iPod from the car stereo controls and charge the iPod simultaneously).

3. Putting in the upcoming 2.2-liter I-4 turbodiesel engine (which of course will be 50-state legal, thanks to a new Honda breakthrough in diesel emissions controls that doesn't need the kludgy urea gas injection that the DaimlerChrysler BlueTec system requires). Of course, the transmission will be a five-speed automatic or five-speed manual.
  • Options
    I love the part on the UK site where they talk about the engine. (paraphrased) - "This is what happens when you ask a person who hates diesel engines to build one." :)

And it's finally a 50-state compliant one at that, if only they would bring it over. I'd buy one in a second.
  • Options
    john500john500 Member Posts: 409
    P.S. want to see super-slick for no money?
    http://www.sportbikez.net/picture/2668

80mpg. 18-20HP(way more than a Rebel 250). Freeway legal. Yes, it's 150cc - not 250cc as most people think. It'll go nearly 100mph and costs roughly $2000. Exactly 1/4 of a CBR600R engine.(the base one with 75-80hp)

You might want to consider the Kawasaki Ninja 250
    50-70 mpg, 36 hp, Freeway legal, 250 CC, > 100 mph top speed, 0-60 mph in less than 6 seconds (1/4 mile in about 14.5 s), 13 K redline and costs $2995 before tax and tags. Granted, its not a Honda but it's one of the most durable mini sport bikes out there.

Is there any information on when the Civic SI sedan is going to be available?
  • Options
    xjrobbxjrobb Member Posts: 9
    Ok, so the UK version can be optioned with:
    bluetooth
    HID self leveling lights
    refrigerated glove box
    headlight washers
    vehicle stability assist
    leather seats

Even though Honda will never give Americans the cool designs of their european Civic, how about we at least get the stability control? HID lights and Bluetooth would be nice options for the EX too. So I guess the UK Civics can be a lot more expensive if optioned out so how about making the UK Civic an Acura model for the U.S.? What the hay, Honda won't make any significant changes for 2007...it's not worth the ROI. They'll sell the same Civic in the U.S. with lesser safety features than the european cars. If it's not for economic reasons, it must be the WWII thing as someone here mentioned. sigh.

Ok, then how about GM or Ford make a dependable, relatively safe, fuel efficient car like the Honda with cool features...nah, about the same chance that Honda will sell their UK Civic here...Never!
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Too many people with conservative tastes are already freaked out by the US Civic with the too-wild-for-them two tier dash with digital speedo for any thought towards the even wilder UK Civic.
    Stability control may come to all Civics later down the road since it's going to be in all Civic Sis starting in the 2007 models. Bluetooth wouldn't hurt if it was cheap.
    HIDs not coming. Would only increase insurance claims as more teen thugs rip them off hid-equipped Civics to put in their HID-less Civics or else to sell on eBay. Insurance is already very expensive on Civics due to theft even without the added enticement of pricey HID lights waiting to be ripped off.
    Maybe a Civic SE will have leather in a few more years.

What they really need now is factory equipped XM radio rather than the tacky and overpriced dealer-installed units.
  • Options
    xjrobbxjrobb Member Posts: 9
    Yes, perhaps the UK styling is just too risky for the US market. A model release failure attributed to either styling and/or mechanical here in the US could be catastrophic for Honda since the market is massive. And that's probably one reason that cars like the Toyota Prius took a long time to make it to the US; better to discover a problem in Japan only than Japan and the US. Honda should do market surveys on the UK design in the US if they haven't already to see what the public reaction would be. Still, I'd like to see stability control sooner rather than later. HID lights would also be nice to have although I could live without them. Too bad American companies refuse to be innovative and compete in this segment.
  • Options
    The Ninja 250 only has 27HP. It's good, but is definately showing it age as well. Piaggio makes their BV200 scooter and it has the same power. 50cc less, and still no fuel injection. Imagine what a 250cc properly tuned with FI would do(probably 40HP would be my guess).

But it's not the car so much as the engine. Honda's first turbo-diesel engine is also the first one in a production car that would pass California's smog tests without any modifications. Given the crazy high MPG it gets, even after converting from U.K. gallons, it definately is overdue.

I jsut don't get it myself. The cars are out there and yet we don't get them.
  • Options
    I'm with you.

Personally, I don't give a hoot about useless spoilers, jarring 18-inch wheels and the higher gas consumption of an Si sedan.

I'd like VSA, 5-door flexibility and yes, even the refrigerated glovebox for trip snacks and leftovers from dining out.

A UK optioned out as I would like is about MSRP US$24000. I'll pay it. I don't want an Accord.
  • Options
    lukeburgerlukeburger Member Posts: 4
    So, does anyone no what is actually going to change on the '07 Civic?
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    It is highly likely that there will be at least one new paint color change.
    There is supposed to be a Si sedan coming and VSA will be standard on the Si coupe and sedan.
  • Options
    lukeburgerlukeburger Member Posts: 4
    I just put down a deposit for an '07 Civic. I asked the dealership what the new color was out of curiosity and all he had was the code and description. Code = BS (not a joke), Description = Beige. He hasn't seen it so he couldn't describe what it looks like. I forgot to ask him about any minor changes to the '07. Do to our previous discussions I don't think he knows much yet (Honda has not even released pricing information to their dealers yet). I'll talk to him sometime soon and see what he knows. Otherwise, when my '07 gets here (around the 20th of Sept.) I'll post.
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_250R

36 hp. 27 kW is the metric power.
  • Options
    Judging from http://www.collegehillshonda.com/new/highdemand.htm, a new Civic color is called "Borrego Beige Metallic"
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_250R

26HP at the rear wheel. Every serious biker measures the bike's rear wheel output or uses a dyno run. It's the only way to know which bike is really faster in many cases(like the puny Rebel 250 which barely gets 16hp out of the 20 HP rated motor due to a hopelessly archaic drivetrain)

~27HP seems to be the dyno run for a properly tuned Ninja 250.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hmm ... I must have missed the turn to the future Civic discussion and accidentally fallen into a bike forum! :D
  • Options
    Sorry, but one more point. Engine horsepower is the conventional way of describing power. The Civic is listed at 140 hp. The rear wheel horsepower is about 70-80 % of the engine horsepower due to driveline losses regardless of whether it is a car or motorcycle. The results are in the numbers, which are readily available. If you don't like the 0-60 mph time or quarter mile time, move to a better power to weight ratio.
  • Options
    The move away from rear-wheel measurements to output at the shaft/in a lab is a more recent development - about the last 25-30 years or so in automobiles. Before that, output on a dyno/etc was used. My car was rated as 135HP at the rear wheels in 1967. My 1975 Volvo I had in college also was rated by net output. Sometimes in the late 70s they decided that it was better to lie and not admit that their transmissions were robbing power like bandits. Given the sad state of emissions equipment and how it made power plummet down to almost half in the first few years, who would honestly be impressed with a Mustang that barely put out 100HP to the wheels?

Motorcycles never changed, though, and still use the old system for 90% of the industry. Though Honda and a couple of others seem to be intent on changing it, because more HP=more sales in their minds, the industry is flatly rejecting it as riders need to know what it actually puts out, especially with the bigger sportbikes. Going to the local bike shop last week, the salespersons *always* talked about how much power it put out in net terms. "This model puts out about 55-60HP at the wheels" or very simmilar.

(yes I know it's only one wheel - but that's what they said - I think it's a holdover from car-talk - heh)

I personally would rather they go back to the old ways myself - because I *know* that that Buicks don't put out 200+ HP to the wheels. That 4-speed slush-o-matik GM uses is a pirate the way it steals HP.
  • Options
    hpia4v2hpia4v2 Member Posts: 62
    Lukeburger said around 20th, is that about right?
    Good thing I checked here since the all sale-droids told me in November. hemmm, no wonder ther were no civics on the lot, they are in the middle of MY changes. :sick:
  • Options
    roundtriproundtrip Member Posts: 105
    Even though I get better mileage, I still have to hit the pumps about as often as I did before because of the smaller gas tank. And, I know, a heavier load cuts down on mileage.
  • Options
    eigenfiltereigenfilter Member Posts: 1
    Same question!
    I put a deposit last May, for a 2006 coupe. My dealer told me I'd wait around 2 or 3 months (the usual waiting list for this model in Mexico), but no news yet. She told me my car is going to be 2007, but still doesn't know the delivery date, but estimates it for early october.
  • Options
    scottimusprimescottimusprime Member Posts: 19
    I absolutely LOVE the Civic coupe.... on the outside. I am simply turned-off by the interior. Sorry, but after a year, the weird dash, two-tiered instrument panel and steering wheel haven't grown on me. I will never buy a Civic so long as it looks like THAT on the inside. I would have seriously considered an '06 coupe when I was looking for a new car last year, but I opted for the Accord coupe instead (which has, IMO, one of the best interiors).

If Honda re-designed the interior to make it more like the Accord, and added a few more cool colors and features, I might consider getting a Civic coupe in the future.
This discussion has been closed.