Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Crossfire Maintenance and Repair

2»

Comments

• Options
    smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    Exact same thing happened to me on June 11th at a 92 octane BP pump in KCK just off I-70. Tank drained....OK now. Owner of station discovered June 8th shipment was not pure gas....this load had 10% ETOH. He said you can't put ETOH fuel in a station tank unless it has a specific type of water removal system. Supplier agreed to reimburse me for all expenses. But, last night on the nightly news......local....TV....bad gas(BP) delivered to Topeka-Lawrence-Leavenworth Kansas. Uncertain what the real problem is???? Water?
  • Options
    Sweet-Jesus I love driving this car!
  • Options
    lexkyxfirelexkyxfire Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. I have the fuel that was removed and will be reviewing this further with the BP seller.
  • Options
    What state are you located in?
  • Options
    lexkyxfirelexkyxfire Member Posts: 3
    Kentucky--central portion--fuel purchased in Danville, KY
  • Options
    According to the TV & newspaper some BP gas stations have had (they admit) diesal fuel contaminating their gasoline. They say Topeka-Lawrence-Fort Leavenworth.

They claim since mine was in KCK....mine was something else....probably water.....????
  • Options
    bordercopbordercop Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I'm a newbee Crossfire owner in Upstate NY too, just bought a 2005 Xfire red limited coupe with 37k on it for $14800. and 7/70 remaining. Love the car but with the snow hitting already a little shy to take it out and waiting for the dry conditions first. Has M+S tires but who knows!
  • Options
    I've been somewhat impressed with the Stability Control, Electronic Traction Control & Antilocks.......if you got plenty of tread & don't gun it.....you'll be OK. Congrats....great buy!!
  • Options
    ChariotChariot Member Posts: 26
    Hi,
    It seems like that a lot of dealers are offering the same Max care Lifetime and other options at a wide range of prices. Please let me know what's the best possible price for this warranty and which dealer/s are offering it. I am looking for Max. Care Lifetime wrap with $0 deductible. Someone also can advise what's the best one to buy such as 7yr./100,000 miles instead of lifetime. I know that convenience coverage such as rentals, trip interruption etc. disappear after 7yr./100,000m whichever occurs first. Please PM me at aryan_76@ymail.com.

Cheers!
  • Options
    frankrufffrankruff Member Posts: 1
    After 29,000 miles on my 04 Crossfire, I am having problems with oil leaking between the cap and the housing of the oil filter holder. I have tried various amounts of tightening, but it leaks no matter how much I tighten it. I am afraid to go too tight. Seems like there should be a rubber gasket here, but there is not. The oil filters I buy have an O-ring, but they do not
    work. No place for an o-ring, and if I just put in between the cap and housing, the pressure just pushes it out.
  • Options
    cigar1cigar1 Member Posts: 1
    2004 Chrysler Crossfire, driving along hit my AC button and the engine just shut-off? Just purchased w/ 75k miles. Doesn't this sound like a short or relay? HELP.

Thanks in advance,

Craig
  • Options
    KendsmithKendsmith Member Posts: 1
    I need help with the interior pull handle on a 2005 crossfire, my pull handle broke off on both ends, i tried to buy one and for some reason they all say cover. I need the actual piece that bolts to the door panel,  is what i am finding the correct one. Price for new is $81.00