Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus LS 460 Owner Experiences

barrynsbarryns Member Posts: 13
Well, I bit the bullet and came home with a fully loaded LS460L, Mercury Metallic with gray interior. The fun is just beginning. The manuals for the car measure 2.75 inches when stacked one on the other. It will take me a month to get thru them. Some familiar things in the car but many new gadgets and configurations to ponder over.

Comments

• excelsior88excelsior88 Member Posts: 71
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy it.

I haven't driven the LS 460 yet, but I sat inside one and compared to the LS 430, I felt the footwell was perfectly fine. I didn't discern any significant difference, although I wasn't measuring or anything. But it seemed fine to me--the main point being that my feet felt fine and there was enough room. The cabin itself is differently designed from the 430, with familiar features but architecturally different--wider center console, more swooshing shapes leading to smaller compartments in some places, larger areas in others.
  • ljflxljflx Member Posts: 4,690
    barry - best of luck with the car. Did you buy or lease and can you share with us any bargaining power you had this early in the game. Also did you get the pre-collision system?

BTW - The LWB I test drove was mercury metallic. I have a preference for the smokey granite color but the car loked great in the mercury metallic. Interior is very luxurious and is both beautiful and user friendly at the same time. No ome does ergonomics like Lexus.
  • cyclone4cyclone4 Member Posts: 2,302
    Congratulations barryns! I am curious as to where you live. I am having a hard time justifying going with the RWD here in snow country even though my friend ljflx has stated that even with AWD I might still need snow tires. Obviously, the AWD was not a big deal for you. I wish that darn Global Warming would speed up so that I wouldn't have to worry about snow ;-). Seriously though, most of the winters the past 15-20 years here in the Midwest have been unusually mild with not much snow. Even when it snows, it doesn't stick around like it use to back in the 70's and early 80's.
  • topspin628topspin628 Member Posts: 373
    Congrats! I'm curious if they have made any changes/improvements on the support of the front seats.
    I like the Euro seats of the MB and BMW's better as I find that I never get tired during long drives but in the LS430 they are a little too soft for my liking.
  • dgmcdermottdgmcdermott Member Posts: 10
    Great car-had it one week and have not identified any problems (typical of Toyota and especially Lexus not to have problems!!)). Very smooth drive with good feeling through the steering wheel although it is electric steering. Made one 800 mile road trip and got 28mpg at interstate speeds (still not broken in!)

Love the interior and quiet and it has much higher acceleration than my old 2006 GS430 (traded for the LS). Lots of room and leg room front and back.

I got the noble spinal mica (deep burgundy red) with cashmere interior-great color combination.

The NAV is tremendous, much higher resolution and detail than the 2006 GS and fast (uses a HDD). I did not get the ML audio-but the standard radio package sounds as good as the ML audio in my GS430. Also love the integrated XM radio and XM nav traffic updates-worked well when I drove on the outskirts of Philly and NY. Having the tire pressure readouts for each tire is also a bonus.

Overall very happy with the buy-even though I paid MSRP. The dealer gave me a great trade-in for the GS430 since I bought it from him 18 months ago.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    I'm curious if they have made any changes/improvements on the support of the front seats.
    I like the Euro seats of the MB and BMW's better as I find that I never get tired during long drives but in the LS430 they are a little too soft for my liking.

What year LS do you have? Because, I found my seats in the 02LS as you say, soft and unsupportive. However, the seats in my 05 are much much better. Much more like the seats in the S-Class. I can't sit in the BMW -7 seats - they are way too small for my 215lb body and butt. Feel like I'm sitting on a tuffet.
  • barrynsbarryns Member Posts: 13
    I bought car. It came with everything except the executive upgrade. Yes it has precollision. This car was one of the first two cars that came into the dealership. Although the dealership had 15 preorders, this LWB did not match any ordered configuration so it was available. Only problem is that the Intial Showing party was a week later and they couldn't let the car go until after the party. I had previously bought a Lexus at this dealership and for my previous business and for the fact that the car would be driven for the next week (it turned out to be only 80 miles additional) I was given a small consideration in the price. The car was put inside the showroom for the party and noone drove it at that time. Next day it was detailed and delivered to me. Already drove it from PHoenix to LV and back. Really enjoyed the ride and keep finding new features. There seems to be improvement in the steering stability over previous LS models in regards to not drifting with road grade and wind. Definatley am more secure on curves at highway speeds.
    LIve in Phoenix. Snow is not a consideration here usually except for those that go into the high country to ski.
    I don't remember what it felt like sitting in the 430 so I can't compare. I did drive from PNX to LV and back this past few days and I found it very comfortable. Compared to the Caddy STS, I especially like the 460 as it has that extra control to extend the length of the seat independent of the other adjustments..
    In regards to the 600 or so miles I have put on the 460L already, I find that it is very very quiet in the inside of the car at interstate highway spped. The main benefit (compared to previous cars) seems to be that the Voice Response system understand me a lot better. BTW the 19 speaker sound system is really great. Sooner or later I will get around to recording selected CD tracts to the build in Hard disk.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    I don't remember what it felt like sitting in the 430 so I can't compare.

I can. It feels exactly the same in all respects as my 05 LS430. Not a bad thing.

Sure looks smaller in the leg section of the back seats though - but my "sales guide" says there is more room back there. I'd have to get a measure out to be convinced.
  • rennyboschrennybosch Member Posts: 329
    Those of you who got a 460 and previously had a second generation 430 (ie. 2004 and up), could you tell us what you like especially about the new car? For example, I remember going from the first generation 430 to the second in 2004, I especially liked the keyless entry system, the backup camera, and the incremental laser cruise control. What kind of goodies can I look forward to in the 460 (aside from bigger engine and more speeds)?

Thank you for any feedback.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    When going to hockey games, I take my father and mother. My wife and mother sit in the back and have told me that it feels bigger to them.

I also sit with the seat back and tilted (6'4" and 250).

Much better than my '04 LS.
  • tricky73tricky73 Member Posts: 132
    Thanks for the speedy reply; I checked this link and still do not see much input from actual OWNERS. My comments, having more detail, will soon be posted to this site. I am trying to interest people who actually own this vehicle to post feedback on some website.

An example is the package included on every 460-L I have seen called Parking Assist or some such thing. This option borders on fraud by Lexus as it applies to actual owners. It has to be the dumbest idea any car manufacturer has had since the Edsel; it only lacks a signature from Rube Goldberg. I have marred my car trying to use it, and subsequent promises by sales personnel are not very helpful either. They couldn't get it to work very often; parting advice was "just don't use it." I am also having electrical problems which seem to baffle my service department and I need feedback from others who may be more objective than the pablum servers I deal with.
  • provanprovan Member Posts: 1
    Hello: Has anyone paid less than msrp for the ls 460. I like the car, but the dealer says the price is the price. help!
  • gteach26gteach26 Member Posts: 576
    "the price is the price" is a bit harsh for them to tell you... they'll probably give you a "courtesy" $500 mark off if you're ready to deal right NOW. It'd be silly for them to kill a deal over that amount -- even if they can find another full MSRP buyer a few days later. I'd doubt they'd trade a "sure buy" now for a potential MSRP buy later.

Like you, I'm wondering if anyone is getting decent mark off's yet...
    If you have a trade in, how can you tell...its' the difference that counts. I had a trade and the tax was calculated on MSRP
    Then you probably paid MSRP for the car.

Hopefully you got a good deal on your trade-in.

Still if the deal is done -- it's done. You've just bought one of the best cars on the planet (at ANY cost), so feel good about your purchase -- congrats!!!
  • rgswrgsw Member Posts: 333
    Depends on the state. NM charges a tax (not full sales tax rate) on the difference.
  • knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    I ordered mine in early March. The MSRP is $73,322 and dealer invoice is $63,755. My price was $2000 over dealer invoice, $65,755. Now I did have the advantage that there are 6 dealerships within 70 miles of my home (actually 7 but there is one owner of two dealerships).

I ordered the Consumer Reports Car Price Service for $14, and brought it with me. I emailed the furthest dealership, filling out their online quote request form. They emailed back quoting $3500 over MSRP. I replied that they must have misunderstood the options I was requesting or thought that I wanted the LWB model (of course I knew they didn't misunderstand). They reiterated their price. Good thing I didn't waste my time to drive 140 miles round trip!

I went into each one of the other five dealerships and said I would pay $1000 over dealer invoice (they also make a $1220 holdback). Two dealers politely laughed at me (say what you want, Lexus dealers do have class) and wouldn't take a dime off. One dealer said they had been adding "extras" to the car and were selling it for $2-3000 over MSRP, but they would sell it to me for $1000 below MSRP. This same dealer later called me back and offered to take $3000 off MSRP. A fifth dealership said they would take $500 to $1000 off the MSRP.

I was resolved that I wouldn't be buying the car this spring. I'm a confirmed free market guy and I believe in supply and demand dynamics, but I'll be damned if I pay a wealthy dealership owner some $12,000 in profit. Anyway, I presented my offer at the last dealership (which was also closest to my home). There was a little back and forth about how they couldn't sell it that cheaply. The salesman took my offer, left to go see his sales manager, and came back with a counter offer of $2000 over dealer invoice.

The rest, as they say, is history.
    That's a classic buy strategy -- you used the best of the internet AND leveraged the Lexus dealership traffic jam in your area (sounds like you are in South Florida!!) to your advantage.

It also helped that you didn't have to negotiate a trade and were a "NOW" buyer -- that's always when dealerships start drooling. It costs A LOT of time and money for them to get customers in front of them willing to deal NOW, they won't let you go unless they HAVE to.

I can only recommend that people don't buy into the hype -- these ARE FANTASTIC cars and they are worth every penny you pay for them, but they are mass produced vehicles and I am certain that LS460 inventory levels (not the L or LH) are starting to build up in certain areas of the country already. Sounds like better deals like yours are on the way!!!
    I am still anxious to hear from OWNERS how you like the car. I have expressed my frustration several times regarding the difficulty of using some of the options (e.g. Parking Assist), and my suspected slip in Lexus reliability compared to the LS430 and earlier models.

Have any owners actually USED Parking Assist? Anybody else have their windshield wipers activate at high noon in bright sunshine? My sister-in-law 3000 miles away has the same experience. What about trunk opening inoperative from inside the car?

Contacts with the Lexus 460 chat room are polite, seemingly sympathetic, but I remain doubtful regarding help for me as a buyer of this automobile. I recognize negotiation has its sporting aspects but whenever the product is delivered, will you please join a chorus to encourage Toyota Corp to continue emphasis on what got them to the top of the heap? I have recent experience with GM products, and find support for my Chevrolet Malibu not that far behind Lexus; their donuts are better too!
    "What about trunk opening inoperative from inside the car?"

There's a way to disable that feature to secure trunk items from the valet parking attendants -- in the 430 you use the key to set it.

Not sure on the 460.. could this safety feature have been set to "on" accidentally?

Also, as more and more people buy this car I'm sure there'll be TONS of ownership experiences flowing in.... quite often though, when a car does it's job SO well people don't take the time to post about their experiences with it other than to say WOW.

Personally, I'd like for someone who has owned BOTH the 430 and the 460 to discuss the difference (if any) the extra horsepower makes on the driving experience.
    When one pays some $70,000 for a car, one only wants to prove that he did the right thing. That's why it is almost impossible for anyone to give an objective assessment of the new car experience, instead of an uncritical acclaim. So those of us who would like to see some objective description -- good and bad -- just have to wait until the novelty wears off, or until we happen to come across one very unusual buyer.
    I have owned 2 LS430s and an ES330 and all were flawless, so going to the dealer for problems with my '07 460L is a new experience.

Once you get past the fancier showroom things looks much like any other repair shop. The mechanics seem just as confused as in other dealers. I do not want to pick on individuals...I sense Lexus has handed them a ball of snakes with the LS460 and the least little problem seems to require lots of research before they can fix it.

I am well aware of the lockout feature for the trunk...that was not the problem. After several weeks the inside switch became flakey and required multiple pushes before it would activate and even then it would not always unlock and raise the lid. Several times it just unlocked the lid just like the 330/430. I thought it was a bad switch and asked the dealer to order one before they started working on it to minimize dealer trips. No way! The car must be in for a diagnosis to pinpoint the problem (visit 1). So I make an appointment for the diagnosis, I'm first in line, and an hour later they report it is a bad microprocessor; there is a bulletin out on the problem and "we'll let you know when Lexus redesigns the part" (visit 2). When I fussed about their fix, they took it back during visit #3, and at one time there were 5 people huddling over the car including the service manager. Also, when the car was returned on visit #2 the seat memory features were missing; yeah, I know if the battery is disconnected memory is lost but there was no power to the door switches at all. Finally, after 3 days the car was returned with a new trunk release switch installed which works ok. But it continues to surprise me with windshield wiper activation at high noon in bright sunshine, outside mirrors that won't redeploy after unlocking, etc., etc.

Yes, I am a very disappointed owner of an $79K (plus tax) automobile and my plea remains that others who actually own this model to describe their experiences because I think Lexus is riding on the reliability reputation of previous models and if this is undeserved it is up to us who are dissatisfied to speak up.

I still think the Malibu donuts are better! See earlier post...lets hear from others.
  • hendjazhendjaz Member Posts: 155
    Going on 6 months now with my LS460L Touring and it has been perfect. No such problems here at all but sorry you are encountering some. Have had GS before this and have RX 400h also and they all have been perfect in terms of reliability. No prior experience with an LS to compare though.
    Does yours have Parking Assist? If so have you ever tried using it? Mine is developing new electrical surprises; today the chime warning bells would not cease after turning the engine off and exiting the car with the fob in my pocket. Climbed back in, started the engine, turned it off, and things were normal. Also trying to get used to the trunk switch not unlocking AND raising the trunk lid...it does this sometimes. And the windshield wipers...activate at high noon with no moisture in the air? My sister-in-law 3000 miles away experiences the same thing with her new LS 460. Rode in the passenger seat for the first time and it seems there is definitely wind noise on that side that is different from the driver's side. I suspect these kind of anomalies will remain unresolved until I dump this damn thing and buy something simpler. Lexus HQ advises..."its' up to the dealer, that is their job." The dealer advice so far on the park-o-matic and windshield wipers is "just don't use it/them."

Is Infiniti any better? If not, back to Cadillac since they are less expensive and have more dealerships.
  • imageproimagepro Member Posts: 7
    I have previous Lexus cars and none of them have any problems. I have almost 2000 miles on my car now. I have the touring package and it seems to be good for me. I do wish that there was less wind noise coming from the top of the door frames. If I was to complain about anything it would be that. I have had no trouble with the car so far.
    Does your Lexus have the Parking Assist? If so, have you ever used it successfully? All of the 460L models I have seen in my area are so equipped, and surely somebody must have had some experience with it. My attempt in learning to use it was a disaster!
  • sidgriggssidgriggs Member Posts: 122
    Maybe you should spend more time in your car learning how to use it and less time complaining on line. I did it on my first, second & third attemp
    Thanks; it is comforting to know mortals can use the option. I hesitate to get another scraped fender when even my dealer can't make it work and Lexus HQ sez it is not their responsibility. I recieved a polite decline when asked to allow an owner to interface directly with technical people who should know how it is designed. Has anybody else noticed the graphics in the owners manual is backwards for this feature?

Add to this, do your windshield wipers activate unexpectly; what about your door chimes; do they ever come on when exiting the vehicle with the fob in your pocket and require a restart to turn them off? Trunk release still work? Does it always unlock AND raise? Outside mirrors ever fail to redeploy upon door unlock? Had any experience with service personnel trying to fix this model? Three days seems a long time to replace a switch (on the third visit) after being told that it was a microprocessor that Lexus was redesigning and I would have to await the new device before my trunk release switch would work properly.

This vehicle has many positive attributes; the suspension, steering, and particularily the braking are outstanding compared to previous models of the 4XX series. My objective is to motivate Lexus to defend their well-earned reputation for quality by demonstrating the new model is in the same family as its predecessors...so far mine is not! This owner still questions whether the emperor does have on any clothing.
  • ljflxljflx Member Posts: 4,690
    I'm still awaiting my LS so I can't offer much as yet. But I wonder if you have a button turned off or if your settings are not set-up to do certain things you want. I just took an Infiniti G35 and was wondering why it wasn't doing something I thought should be routine. Then I went thru my on screen settings in detail and found out that I had that attribute turned off. Once I turned it on it did what I expected it to.
    Picked mine out 2 days after Christmas. Traded in the '04 LS with 20,000 miles.

I have nothing but praise for the '07 LS. In fact, we went this past Saturday and traded in the 04' RX with 27,000 miles for a new '08 RX. Wife loves it and even though basically the same car, she says she can tell the differences......:-) As long as she's happy...:-)
    Thanks for the tips; all of my complaints relate to random occurrences which would not result from default settings.

I suspect glitches on my car happen either because a microprocessor someplace in the system generates random code or that the switch/sensor is the faulty device. In any case I would like somebody at Lexus to heed my experience and research their data base to see if anybody else is having problems. It is difficult to accept that this is only happening to me, because my sister-in-law who bought an '07 and lives 3000 miles away is experiencing the same thing with windshield wipers.

None of these these things happened with the past 3 Lexus' I have owned ('04, '05, and '06), and I regret it has happened to the most expensive of their current products. I would repeat that this is a very complicated machine and local service agency personnel do not seem able to handle the problems; rather, they try the GM practices of years ago; i.e. give it a wall job and hope the customer quits complaining.

Lexus is riding high at the moment but can anybody remember when MBZ was in a similar favored position and turned a deaf ear to customers who experience quality problems? Regaining a customers' business after a sour experience is virtually impossible from those of us who do not practice brand loyalty.
    Tricky...

Lexus pursues perfection.. but they'll never reach it. A product made by human beings will always have some flaws.

It sounds like you've gotten a car with a few electrical flaws. When you pay $70,000 for a car you EXPECT a very solid product and white glove treatment throughout your ownership experience -- and rightly so.

If the problems are easy to reproduce then they should be fixed easily. If they consist of an electronic glitch here and there (sounds like what you are going through), then it may be very difficult to diagnose and repair. If the mechanic can't reproduce the problem they can't and won't bother fixing it -- no matter what brand.

Since your previous Lexus cars have been flawless, and judging from the experiences posted on this forum and others, I think it is reasonable to infer that most Lexus vehicles and dealers do a very good job at providing a good product and service.

Your posts make it seem like you want to "stick it" to Lexus. If you are not satisfied then that is your right -- I'd do the same thing.

However, judging from the responses here, it seems like most people are very satisfied with their cars and are not experiencing similar issues like yours. I am surprised that more people haven't chimed in with more problems.

Not sure what you can do at this point... you are in a "tricky" situation. (Okay, bad pun intended!!)

You might consider starting a thread titled "LS460 Problems and annoyances". Perhaps you'll get a more targeted response from the web audience there. If I have a problem with a product, the first thing I do is google search the product name with "problems" next to it... that will take you straight to a thread titled as such in any car forum on the net -- including Edmunds.

In any case... good luck and try to enjoy your car as much as you can.
    Can't I be a just a tad more critical, since it is an $80K+ car?

Pursuing perfection requires diligent effort led by Management. Using the '80/20 rule' from the past wherein if an organization has problems, it is 80% probable that fault lies with Management, not the worker. I have yet to experience anybody in Lexus Management willing to step forward and suggest anything concrete to lessen my frustration. My only conversation with headquarters personnel was with a sweet young thing who knew only one phrase "we apologize for the problems you are having." The conversation finally ended when she said "Oh, I am not a technical person," followed by a refusal to let me talk with anybody having technical knowledge who possibly could help.

BTW, I just returned from another unsuccessful attempt to learn the park-o-matic system and the windshield wipers activated once again...on a beautiful day in So California without a cloud in the sky.
    Tricky, the windshield wiper thing was a problem on the early LS430. It would activate when the windshield got hot in the sun. If I remember right, they had a recall to replace the sensor. Hard to imagine they wouldn't have used the improved version on the 460. Maybe they had a lot of old ones left and thought the 460 customers would be so overwhelmed with all those gears that they wouldn't notice the wipers? :-)

Anyway, you might try asking the dealer if there isn't a replacement sensor like there was on the 430.
  • knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    In Massachusetts we have a "Lemon Law" which protects consumers. I don't know the exact specifics (fortunately I've never had occasion to use it), but basically if the dealer can't fix the car after 3 tries or if the car is out of service for more than 15 business days, you can get a full refund or replacement.

Check if your state has a similar law and then document everything. Except for not being able to understand how to operate the Parking Assist, it sounds like all the rest is the fault of the vehicle. Who knows, you may have gotten one of those very rare Lexus lemons. Good luck!
  • randyzrandyz Member Posts: 1
    Can you share with us where you actually get your LS460? I live in Northern New Jersey. The local dealers are saying that the best they can do is $1,000 off the MSRP. Can use your help.

Thanks very much.
    Which model did you get; SWB or the 460L version?
    I got the SWB.....checked out the LWB and figured for the small percentage of peeps that ride in the back, it wasn't worth the extra. I saw not different in ride or comfort in the short ride I took.

Also, if the above post is for me......Prestige Lexus, Ramsey.
    dssxxx

Yes, the message was intended for you.

I am suspecting many of my problems are associated with either the LWB or the Touring Package. Both options have more gadgetry and are therefore more susceptible to problems associated with a new design. The LWB is more than just a lengthened SWB...they have "enhanced" it quite a bit...methinks a bit too enhanced! Thanks for the feedback; it helps my thought process.

A new complaint to Lexus has resulted in a promise that a specialist will contact me in the near future...we'll see.

Thanks again
    Of the 5 that we have purchased since 2003 ('04 LS, SC & RX and '07 LS and '08 RX), knock on wood....we have only brought them in for service. Never had a problem and I guess that is why we will continue to purchase them in the future........if that impecable service record holds true...:-)

I have some friends that rave about the SWB, but I do not know anybody that has shelled out the extra bucks for the LWB. But, good luck with it and hope you figure out them problems.
  • hendjazhendjaz Member Posts: 155
    As mentioned earlier, I have had the 460L Touring for going on 6 months and it continues to be perfect. There are no quality or reliability issues with this car.

From reading the forums about this car here and elsewhere I suspect that the issues with Tricky's car are unique to that car. I have not read of similar such issues with the 460, whether SWB or L. Try reading some of the other forums to see if you see these issues arising elsewhere.
  • anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860
    Hi Tricky

I have had many Lexus cars, and each had a major problem that was diagnosed and fixed expertly....One problem was the windshield wiper occasionally going off in the bright sun...That was fixed by a new sensor...Another was a malfunctioning gas gauge...It would seem (from my experience) that the service team would contact the company for you and arrange for a special tech if necessary...Further I found Lexus to be a rally good company to deal with....That leads me to wonder if the dealership you purchased the car from is one of the highly rated one??? If not, the I would suggest you find oone of the highly rated one---and if all else fails then come to Charleston S. C and I will introduce you to one...Tony
    hendjaz:

Thanks for the feedback; there are several good posts today that might be helpful with my dilemma. I assume yours was delivered, equipped with the $700 park-o-matic option; every L model I have seen on the west coast has this feature.

Have you/do you ever use this routinely? My experience with it is miserable.
    dssxxxx:

Thanks once again for a speedy reply. You have suggested, perhaps, a new slant for this link.

It might be interesting for posters to state whether they they have ever had warranty work performed, or just routine oil changes etc. It was a new experience for me and quickly became an eye-opener. Changing my trunk switch took 3 days and seemingly lots of conversation with several people to accomplish. I shudder to think what might happen if the 8-speed transmission has problems. When I went into the shop to retrieve my cell phone prior to leaving the 460, there were 5 people huddled around it, with panels removed, and wires running everywhere. Maybe it is so new to them that it takes a while to find something other than the oil pan drain plug. This comment is not meant to castigate the mechanics. Rather, training for this model is going to require some time, using our cars as the learning tools. Not at all clear just how much help is coming from Lexus and the ones who actually designed this thing.
    Tony

Thanks to you, and others, for the helpful posts today. I wish I could come to Charleston; one of my favorite east coast cities. I took some prize winning photographs there years ago...was it Boone Plantation?

Anyway, your comment re the wipers is very timely...they activated again today after being parked in sunshine just a few minutes. However, this has also happened about 1-2 minutes after pulling out of my garage on a cloudy day. Same thing happened when I retrieved my car following the infamous trunk-switch replacement as I was leaving the dealer's driveway. I have also experienced a swipe at night so it might be something more than heat. I owned 3 Cadillac vehicles in the 199X era with this feature and can't recall any surprises from their installation. My sister-in-law in Tampa is having the exact same problem as me with her new 460. I am determined to try and keep Lexus' feet to the fire on this one after what they have done to us with this damned park-o-matic thing!
  • dan67dan67 Member Posts: 51
    Just back from a normal service at a high volume Lexus service department. I pull aside one of the guys that fills out service requests. I've known this guy for years and he has always been honest. Of course, I asked if the new LS has had some problems. He said, "nope, none whatsoever, except for one guy that had broken a arm rest in the back seat. He said, "no notices from Lexus of things to fix either". Then he added, "of course, the car has only been out a few months and problems may turn up later".
    Thanks for the feedback, hbattorney, that's the kind of info that is helpful to potential buyers. May you enjoy your car with ZERO problems for a long time.

By the way, I notice you bought 3 new Lexi (an LS, an IS, and an RX-h) all from the same dealer. Do you know what kind of discount you might have gotten if you only bought the LS?

Best regards -- Renny