Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Venture Fuel Pump

dsmothersdsmothers Member Posts: 1
the other day my wifes '98 venture started to stumble after it started and died just like it ran out of gas, the fuel pump doesnt make any noise and it isnt pressurizing the fuel line, the fuel pump relay in the fuse box is clicking and the fuse next to it is good but I cant get any reading on my multi-tester to any of the wires under the van that go to the tank, theres 2 plugs I see, one looks to go the the fuel pump and has wires pink, white, green, purple, grey, black/white, black, the other plug has red, black, white, brown, this plug splits with white and brown going to what looks like maybe the fuel level sensor and red and black going to what looks like the brakes
I cant get a power reading to any of these wires no matter what I try...
I was thinking that maybe the fuel pump went out but now I'm not so sure... is there some inherent problem with these that would cause this problem? maybe a fuel line pressure sensor or something? the wiring in this van seems pretty complicated and I really have no idea on how to diagnos a problem like this with it, a new fuel pump is just under $500 so I'd like to be certain thats whats wrong before I buy one...
any help would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• ts60423ts60423 Member Posts: 52
    Shop around, the Venture vans actually have one of the easier gas tanks to disengage and lower. The new pump should be the majority of the cost. Check your fuel filter - if it is clogged, there might be some sort of safety cutoff. You might also want to have your computer codes read. Most big name parts stores have readers and will do this for you free of charge.
  • acgriffacgriff Member Posts: 4
    im haveing the same problem.....no power to the fuel pump. fuses are good..relay is good still no power, i spent 4 hours chaseing wires and im ready to pull my hair out at this point so if you found an answer to the problem please let me know thank you
  • sandman78070sandman78070 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same exact problem with my wifes 2003 chevy venture , it will start cold or cool but once it is driven or run for a while it either dies or won't start . when you go to restart it you don't hear the fuel pump run . If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it . All the fuses look good .
  • rosymrosym Member Posts: 3
    i have the exact problem that happened to me. i was told to replace the fuel pump but it doesn't sound like it because it runs good when cools down. i just finished changing the fuel filter and i am going to take it for a long ride and i will keep you updated.
  • rosymrosym Member Posts: 3
    This is an update of my 2208 message fuel problem that I had, fuel pump not working but worked great after it sat for a while or when cold. I tried a relay and it didn't work. Everybody was telling me it was a fuel pump but i didn't buy it because it started great when cold. I repaced the fuel filter and its running great, Went for a long drive, stoped it and starts no problem. I hope this works for you. Let me know, it was a $17 fix for me instead of $450.
  • homermedichomermedic Member Posts: 10
    The fuel filter should be replaced every year, especially if you use less than stellar gas brands. My Venture had fuel problems after it was sucking fumes at the bottom of the tank. :sick: No doubt it picked up some crud and clogged the filter. In any event a good maintenance item for less than $20. :blush:
  • robtherodrobtherod Member Posts: 1
    I only have 10 pounds of pressure when the ignition key is turned on and the pressure drops to zero after 3 seconds.
    When I changed the fuel filter I left it off the see if fuel pump was working and it is. The fuel pump was replaced 3-months ago by Pep Boys. I am having it towed back to Pep boys
    to replace the pump its under warranty. I just don't think this is the problem. Any Ideas?
  • dale1490dale1490 Member Posts: 1
    I am having a similar problem with my 95 Lumina. It wont start and there is no pressure to the fuel rail. I replaced the fuel pump relay and the filter. No help. Reading the service manual I see that there are 2 relays. The fuel pump relay comes on for 2 second after you turn the key to on,then shuts off if you do not continue to start the car. If you continue to start the car the other relay, when the pressure gets to 4psi, energizes and turns the fuel pump on. This relay also activates the oil light on the dash. So if the oil pressure gets to 4pis or below the relay denergizes and shuts off the fuel pump. I think I'll have it towed to the garage.
  • wq2121wq2121 Member Posts: 7
    Just so everyone knows, a friend at a Chevy dealer told me that when you turn the ignition key to the ON position, the fuel pump only receives voltage for about 2 seconds. If it doesn't start, then the voltage is shut down to the pump. So don't tear your hair out if you find no voltage at the fuel pump after the initial 2 seconds!

Also, you should be able to HEAR the fuel pump run for those two seconds when you first turn on the ignition. If you don't, it is either the fuse (unlikely), the fuel pump relay (unlikely) or the pump itself. If you DO hear the pump for those two seconds, and it won't start, then there is a good chance it is the fuel pump. Just info from a friend.

My 2000 venture won't start today, and I hear no fuel pump running.. just a static sound from under the dash when I turn the key (the starter runs fine, but engine sounds like it isn't getting spark). Mine has 117,000 miles, and I never replaced the fuel filter yet, but my problem is most likely a fuel pump. You don't have to buy the whole pump asm, I am told.. just the pump goes bad. Haven't tried to find just that yet, but thought I'd reply so people will know what is up....
  • kcmommekcmomme Member Posts: 1
    oh my we have had fuel pump problems we are on our 4th fuel pump and my car just stopped the other day i think i will try the filter solution first all though the mechanic said it was the sending unit the last few times .We filled it with gas (19 gallons)this time drove it for 60 miles then it just stopped onI-95 very scary and wouldn't start had it towed home
  • vanlover4vanlover4 Member Posts: 4
    OMG.... THIS IS CRAZY. I JUST GOT MY CHEVY VENT ON JUNE 1 2007. BEEN REAL GOOD TILL NOW. WENT TO THE CITY AND PARKED WAITING FOR A FRIEND AND WHEN I WENT TO START IT , IT WAS ACTING LIKE IT WASNT GETTING ANY FUEL. I JUST FILLED THE TANK UP YESTERDAY, 45 DOLLARS OF GAS. REPLACED THE FUEL FILTER AND AFUSE IN THE FRONT STILL NO START. IS THERE A FUEL RESET BUTTON ON THE 98 VENTURE VAN? IF SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE. DONT HAVE 500.00 TO REPLACE FUEL PUMP IF THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP....
    THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MIND ON THE PUMP. I MAY NEED IT. MY FRIEND IS GOING TO CHECK IT OUT TO SEE WHAT CODE IT SHOWS , THEN I WILL GO FROM THERE. GOT TO GO THE CHEAPEST WAY ICAN. PARTS ARE SO EXPENSIVE ON THESE NEWER CARS. THANKS FOR THE REPLY I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED. THANKS AGAIN. JOYCE MADDEN
    HERE IS MY EMAIL- JLM62040@YAHOO.COM. DO YOU HAVE A HANDBOOK ON THE VAN? IF SO LOOK AND SEE IF THERE IS A RESET BUTTON FOR THE FUEL. ON THE WINDSTAR I HAD THERE WAS A FUEL RESET BUTTON IN THE BACK PANEL WHERE MY JACK WAS. HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND PUSHED THE RESET BUTTON AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE. SO IF YOU KNOW OF A FUEL RESET BUTTON PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN TRY THAT FIRST. THANKS
    No problem, Joyce. And remember, if the code shows that it is that device that controls the voltage going to the pump, then you CAN just run voltage from an ignition source directly to the pump, and bypass the pump. If need be, I can go look at the wiring diagram again to tell you which wires those are under the car. Have a good weekend...
    Jim
  • bobbotroncfh1bobbotroncfh1 Member Posts: 9
    Hey guys,

Didn't know where else to post...

I pulled my smallblock 350. When I pulled the fuel pump it just slid out. Now it's getting caught on the crossmember. It's a 45 degree pump. I thought I had to turn the camshaft to move the crossmember, but it didn't go. I think it's the crossmember. Whatever the rod is on the inside of the fuel pump housing on the block. It's the same pump and the same engine.

How do I get it back in?

Any help is appreciated.
  • chaseschases Member Posts: 41
    Went through 4 fuel pumps now!

This last weekend replaced the fourth one, fuel filter, and flushing the tank thinking that would fix any issues I was having with the no start. Wrong! Still no fuel.

On a whim I replaced the fuel relay and cleaned the contacts in the fuse block that it plugs into. Started right off. The old relay tested good but when plugged back in, it failed to let the pump run.

So don't forget to clean all your electrical connections while diagnosing your fuel problem. I went so far as to clean and put electric greese on all the plugs under the van that went to the fuel system too.

I'm crossing my fingers that that will solve all my fuel problems.
    IT WAS NEVER MY FUEL PUMP LIKE WE THOUGHT IT WAS. DONT KNOW REALLY WHAT IT WAS. ONE DAY MY 15 YR OLD SON WENT OUT THERE AND CHECK UNDERNEATH AND FOUND A WIRE NOT CONNECTED PLUGGED IT IN AND CHECK ALL THE FLUIDS, TOUCHED THE GAS THROTTLE AND A PLUG THING WHERE THE FUSE BOX IS IN THE ENGINE AND AMAZINGLY THE STUPID THING STARTED RIGHT UP. HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM SINCE. THIS IS WHAT I THINK, EVERYTIME I FILL MY TANK FULL AT QUIK TRIP I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WIT MY CARS. THIS IS THE 3RD CAR THIS HAS HAPPENED TO. SO I DONT FILL UP AT QUIK TRIP ANYMORE. I SAT HERE FOR 2 WEEKS WITHOUT MY VAN AND ALL IT TOOK WAS A 15 YR OLD TO GET IT RUNNING AGAIN. FUNNY HUH? WELL GOOD LUCK ON YOURS.. :confuse:
  • chaseschases Member Posts: 41
    After all the work done a couple of week ago.

Well my van died again the other day going down the road. Same simptoms as before: crack but no start, just not getting any fuel. :confuse:
    Had it towed home and started metering from the ignition to the fuel relay then to the wire harness under the van going to the fuel pump. I was tracing the flow of power.
    When I got under the van and pulled the harness to get some slack and expose the wires to meter I asked the wife to turn on the ignition to give me power. Low and behold the fuel pump kicked on. The only things that moved under the van was the harness going to the fuel pump and the main harness plug going into the van just behind the drivers seat.
    When I unplugged the water tight plug one of the terminals was scorched black(its a white plastic 8 pin plug). That terminal is the 12v going to the fuel pump. My guess is it is arching and looses contact.
    Makes me sick to think that I have paid for 4 fuel pumps to be replaced and it might have been this all along. Just so happens that when you drop the tank that wire gets moved around and corrects the contact fooling you into thinking that the fuel pump was the problem.
  • djmikedjmike Member Posts: 1
    I am new here. I am having a problem with my 98 Venture. The thing won't start. If I ether up the throttle boddy it will start until it burns the ether out but fuel is not getting into the engine. I have had the fuel pump replaced, and the switch checked. I have not yet had the fuel filter replaced. I'm at my wit's end because I took this thing down to Chevy and they didn't even hook it up to their machine. told me it was the camshaft and didn't even hook it up. One garage I went to told me it was the fuel pump and it was not. Then the Chevy dealer wasted my time and I should have charged him for wasting my time. I don't think it's the camshaft, I'm ticked and am going to take it to the Pontiac dealer to see if he would help me.
    When I got the Venture it needed fuel filter and it broke almost caught the van on fire and almost blew up. Gas was everywhere. So from reading these posts, it says to check the wiring harnesses? I'm going to replace the fuel filter besides it was due. If anyone has any suggestions for me before I take my auto motives down to the Chamber of Commerce to discuss mechanic quackery. Please let me know. I just want to get my van fixed.
  • huntrhuntr Member Posts: 2
    The gas guage on my '01 Venture is not working right. Fll then straight to empty at +/- 350 miles. Understand it's the fuel level sending unit on the fuel pump. How do I drop the tank to get to it? Something I can do in the driveway?
    yes...it is pretty easy...it is a plastic tank, so it is light. empty gas as much as possible and then depressurize the lines (simply remove the fuel pump relay from the fuse box while the engine is running, and that will do it!), turn off engine, disconnect negative battery terminal, disconnect the two fuel lines and the electrical connections and remove 3 bolts that hold the three straps up. then unscrew the huge lid on the tank, but be careful as you then have to tip the unit as you take it out, since the sending unit goes horizontal in the tank. Just do it slow, and you'll realize what I mean. Hope this helps...
  • criskimcriskim Member Posts: 1
    I am havinghte exact same problem! I climb under the van and wiggle the plugs and the van fires right up, but then dies in the middle of driving, have replaced the plug but now think I need to replace the actual module that it plugs into behind the drivers seat. Need to find the part but don't know what it's called? any idea?
    Hi,
    Which exact problem are you having? These threads don't seem to run correctly. Anyway, I ran 12v directly to my 2000 Chevy Venture fuel pump, bypassing the "module" that is to supply that 12 volts. I think it is called the ECM (electronic control module) or something like that. I would like to replace mine as well, so I can get rid of that direct 12v (fused, and only on when ignition is on) wire! By saying it is behind the drivers seat, you mean INSIDE the care, on under the car and behind the seat, right? Just curious.... I have no idea where that module is...
    Jim
  • dj_79dj_79 Member Posts: 1
    The gas hand on my van is floating and I need to know if there is a drain plug on the tank so I can change the fuel mechanism. Thanks
    Nope, no way to drain it other than sticking a hose down the fuel tank inlet, and syphoning it out. The tank is plastic, so it is light, even with a couple gallons left in it. Only three straps hold it to the underbody, so you remove 3 bolts, and the electrical connections, and the two fuel line connectors, and it comes off of the van. But it is hard to find just the mechanism... they want to sell you the pump and top asm complete for like $250-300 dollars. There is one place on the internet that sells the "fuel level CAM" for like 20 bucks, but I called them since there was no picture. They couldn't send me a picture, but told me to go online to another site, which I didn't have access to, so not sure if that is the part you would need or not. Let me know if you have success just buying that item, as I need it too.
  • navstarnavstar Member Posts: 3
  • navstarnavstar Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to all for sharing ....
    Wife's Chevy venture has been stalling and getting progressively worse, now won't start. I surfed the web this morning finding numberous builltien boards and a common theme in most, crank sensor, fuel pump, or the wire harness connector under car behind drivers seat.
    Easies (and cheapest) to check was electrical connector. First, confirm symptom, turn key and listen under car, no fule pump hum. Pulled connector and reseated a couple times, try again, car starts. Examine connector and sure enough the one pin is discolored around it in the connector. Clear sign that there is excessive current draw, causing heat, causing oxidation, etc. Eventually you end up with an "open circuit". Small file, contact cleaner and short time later, car starts better than it has in months. My experience in a similar inductry, this is a temporary fix. Once these connectors and pins get damaged, they will eventually need to be replaced. When that time comes, I will cut the wires and install another heavier connector for the fuel pump circuit.
    Thanks to all for sharing, it led me in teh right direction, and I suggest everyone wiht similar issue, listen for fuel pump hum when you turn teh key, and if you don't hear it, go to this connector first!
  • halfduzndadhalfduzndad Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2000 Chevy Venture that was run out of gas. After refilling the van won't start. Changed the relay then tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery terminals, still it won't start. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • azuazu Member Posts: 84
    Sounds like a clogged fuel filter or clogged fuel pump pickup screen. Most likely the fuel filter.
  • donniebrown512donniebrown512 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you so much for your post I almost went and bought the fuel pump. Then I read your post and took your advice about cleaning the plug, now the van starts up and runs better than it has ever. Again thank you
  • mikechandlermikechandler Member Posts: 1
    I will start with some history, a description of the problem, what I've tried, and what I've found to be the solution.

A few years ago, my wife's 2000 Chevy Venture van would die at random times. Sometimes, while driving down the highway, sometimes while backing out of our garage, and at other times. the car simply wouldn't start at all. When this happened, the starter would turn the engine over, but the engine would not start. There were no error codes, no check engine lights, or anything else to point to the cause of the problem. We'd wait, sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a few days, and it would start running again, and not give us any problems for weeks.

We originally bought the car because my wife uses an electric scooter for mobility. (No one buys car like this for its style.) It was one of the few vans on which the back door opening was tall enough that we could use the scooter lift to get the scooter in and out of the van without removing the seat from the scooter and/or folding the steering column on the scooter down.

As you can imagine, being disabled, and having a van that doesn't run with 100 percent reliability isn't a good combination. We've had good luck with necessary car repairs at the GoodYear auto shop in Monroe, WA. One day, when it stopped running, so we had it towed to the GoodYear repair shop. They found that there was no fuel pressure, and after removing the gas tank and taking out the fuel pump, they determined that the fuel pump was defective. The logic was, replace the fuel pump, car runs, so problem solved. We had the fuel pump replaced at a total cost of just shy of $1000. The van ran great. We had no issues for several months, until the warranty on the parts/work ran out. Then, the exact same symptoms returned.

As a former electrical engineer, I don't have a lot of faith in electrical problems magically fixing themselves. When a pump stops pumping, it's unlikely to start pumping again. When an electric motors shorts out, it's not going to run later on if you press the start button. When a fuse blows, it's not likely to fix itself. (You get the idea.) The fact that the car would run fine for weeks, then stop, then work again minutes, hours, or days later just doesn't fit with what I thought would apply to a defective fuel pump, especially with two different fuel pumps.

Recently, while crawling around under the car (for whatever reason, I don't recall), I happened to look up and saw the wires running from the top of the fuel tank to a connector. From that connector, a short wiring harness runs to another connector that's mounted to the bottom of the van floor, just behind the driver's seat. From that connector, the wiring harness enters the body, so I didn't trace it any further. Examining that connector underneath the van behind the driver's seat, what I saw appears to be looks very poorly designed for where it's located. There are no weather boots to keep out water or any waterproofing of any kind. It's directly exposed to any water, mud, or crud that's kicked up while driving in wet weather. Basically, it's just a white Molex type electrical connector like you might find inside of a computer or stereo amplifier, but this is in a spot where it's exposed to years of weather and temp changes.

Since that day, the van had died three times. Each time, I've poked my head under the van, gave that connector a little wiggle, and the car starts right away. It happened again this evening. It's not quite as easy for my wife to do, and I didn't have anyone else available to whom I could explain what needed to be done, so I drove 50 extra miles today to wiggle the wire.

I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow and order the two cables that make up the two sides of this connector, and I'll use some heat shrink tubing when I assemble it to waterproof the connector. I'll put some dielectric grease on the connectors too to help prevent corrosion. I expect that this will solve the problem.

If you are experiencing these symptoms, try giving that plug a little wiggle. If your car starts, you've pinpointed source of the problem. Good luck!
  • oliver233oliver233 Member Posts: 1
    To all who posted info on similar problems with this van, I am most grateful. Recently our Venture exhibited similar symptoms with the fuel pump. After checking the harness connections where the wiring harness goes through the body (behind drivers seat), I found all of the terminals corroded and in need of replacing (both male and female ends). After searching for replacement connectors and coming up empty (even through Chevy), I eliminate the connectors by wiring the 2 halves together. Much to our delight, the fuel pump is now working. I would recommend that anyone with similar vans check the wiring harness connections prior to having the fuel pump replaced and making this check part of routine maintenance if the connectors are in good condition.
    FYI, the first time I had the problem of not starting, it WAS the fuel pump... know that because when I removed it from the gas tank, it was quite melted on the top. Lucky it didn't blow up, I think!

Then, second time, I knew it probably wasn't the pump, as I had replaced it like a year earlier. So checked the connector under the van behind the front seats (about in the middle of the underside). There was no corrosion, but there was no voltage going TO the connector, even in that first two/three seconds before the voltage is cut out. Chevy cuts the power to the fuel pump after that time frame that so that the fuel pump doesn't run when the engine isn't running. Many people apparently put the ignition switch in RUN when they want to wait/sit and listen to the radio, instead of backwards to ACCESSORIES position. If it didn't shut down in a few seconds, that pump would continue to run continuously while the engine is off. Not sure why there is no voltage at that connector, but I ran 12v that is on ONLY when the ignition is on RUN, and that solved MY problem. Now I just have to always remember NOT to leave the ignition switch in RUN for more than a few seconds if the engine isn't running, since that would NOW make my fuel pump run.
  • soccermom2780soccermom2780 Member Posts: 1
    was starting every few days. replaced fuel filter,its getting gas in it,but will not start at all now. everyone says its fuel pump but it acts like nothing is firing right. misses and does a putt putt,and nothing. battery has died now to!!
  • vanevavaneva Member Posts: 2

@wq2121 said:

So checked the connector under the van behind the front seats (about in the middle of the underside). There was no corrosion, but there was no voltage going TO the connector, even in that first two/three seconds before the voltage is cut out. Not sure why there is no voltage at that connector, but I ran 12v that is on ONLY when the ignition is on RUN, and that solved MY problem.

**I am trying to find this connector as well, the dealerships around here acted like they had no idea what it even was. I was told to direct wire the fuel pump maybe through a relay or something. I also have heard of doing it the way you described here. Could you please tell me exactly what you did, and how you did it? I can't seem to find anyone who knows how to do this. **

REMEMBER, PEOPLE... Ventures (Silhouetes, Montanas, etc) only have a 2- to 3-second time p[eriod to check for voltage! If the ignition key is on LONGER THAN THAT (and the engine isn't running), the computer shuts off the voltage to the fuel pump so the pump doesn't continue to run if the the engine doesn't!!!! Easiest thing to do is listen for the pump when you turn the key on to the "run" position... it should run for 2-3 seconds and then shut off. You DO NOT have to turn the key to START position to do that... Hope this helps. (And the fuel pump electrical connector near the front of the tank, under the van, is notorious for getting corroded... be sure it is nice and clean, otherwise replace it).

• vanevavaneva Member Posts: 2

where can I find one to replace it?

• dblawredblawre Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    I have a problem with my sisters chevy venture and the fuel pump, but there is a wiring harness on drivers side, half way between the tires just underneath, I unplug these connections and plug them back in and it starts, I'm wondering should I clean them with contact cleaner, and does this bad connection cause the o2 sensor and crank sensor codes to appear with check engine light, and I also wonder some people on here are saying they have replaced the fuel pump 2 or 3 times, something is not right about that, are you replacing the fuel pump or a mechanic. he might be doing the something I am, unplugging that wire harness and it starts working and he charges you for a new pump, you shouldn't be buying new pumps, unless the new pump was bad, I cant possible see why the pump would keep breaking, also check anti theft, that could cause it to not crank, I also think my sisters van wasn't going into park all the way so I turned key on pressed brake and put it in neutral and it cranked. I know these plug ins on the drivers side just behind the drivers door are a problem, there are 3 connecters, attached to the bottom of the van, unplug clean and plug back in and see if it cranks
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    dblawre said:

I have a problem with my sisters chevy venture and the fuel pump, but there is a wiring harness on drivers side, half way between the tires just underneath, I unplug these connections and plug them back in and it starts, I'm wondering should I clean them with contact cleaner, and does this bad connection cause the o2 sensor and crank sensor codes to appear with check engine light, and I also wonder some people on here are saying they have replaced the fuel pump 2 or 3 times, something is not right about that, are you replacing the fuel pump or a mechanic. he might be doing the something I am, unplugging that wire harness and it starts working and he charges you for a new pump, you shouldn't be buying new pumps, unless the new pump was bad, I cant possible see why the pump would keep breaking, also check anti theft, that could cause it to not crank, I also think my sisters van wasn't going into park all the way so I turned key on pressed brake and put it in neutral and it cranked. I know these plug ins on the drivers side just behind the drivers door are a problem, there are 3 connecters, attached to the bottom of the van, unplug clean and plug back in and see if it cranks

That is the c305 connector, known issue on some GM's in the 2001~~~> 2005 . they get corroded or just loose connections perhaps, Google gm c305 connector to find all the vehicles and issues this connector can create

• deeluvlydeeluvly Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I have a 1999 Chevy Lumina 3.1L BASE. I'm wondering after reading about the connectors and the fuel pump, car not starting problems if it is possible that this could be my problem? My car is doing as most of yours with the starting right up no problem at the first start of the day to cutting out no power and finally the other day it just died and didn't start up again. I'm honestly praying that even though I have a Lumina that the connectors could be the problem and hopefully located in roughly the same place. There is no possible way I can afford the $300 + dollars for just the part. On that note, also wondering if and how the actual fuel pump inside the module can be changed and if there are any that are interchangeable from other vehicles?
    Thank you for any help you may be able to give.
  • sperkins3998sperkins3998 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Chevy Venture van I replaced the vent valve solenoid at the fuel tank now it will not start fuel pump will not run can move the wires that plug into the box in the floor behind the driver seat and it will kick in and run was wondering if my problem is in the wiring harness from the box in the floor behind the driver seat to the solenoid or if it is somewhere else