Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

13»

Comments

• bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    I would say it'd be like any RWD car. No snow tires....big trouble!
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,906
    Hyundai Financial and many other leasing companies have a dispo fee or end of lease fee. I am not sure what it is for, but its there. IIRC the amount is $450. I always consider this in the total cost of the lease.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• laxcoach19laxcoach19 Member Posts: 6
    i never lease due to the mileage(350 miles/week). the current lease offer is $259/12k miles. can i pay a higher monthly rate for more miles per year? what is the monthly increase if i wanted 3k more miles per year? curious as i would consider leasing if mileage was increased. thanks to anyone who has insight...clearly i don't!!
    We're on our second lease with BMW Financial for our Mini, and I don't think they have this dispo fee, at least not to my knowledge!
    edited May 2010
    Most lease programs have different mileage options. We chose the 16,000 KM option on our lease, and it's turning out that we don't pile up mileage as much as we had thought (probably because we stopped doing driving vacations). So we're trying our darnest to not use our other car just so we can use what we're paying for on the leased car! :P
  • roll875roll875 Member Posts: 4
    alli ahve to say is wow.. bought a 2010 genes coupe 2.0 premium thursday .. sweet ride... drove the automatic but didnt want to get involved in them paddle shifter got the 6 speed manual goes 80 in a flash, but wont go thier often dont need speeding tickets...the premium package is worth every penny stole it for $20980..find out who in your area is selling the most hyundai's to get best price.. smaller dealers don't seem to want to budge below the invoice ....and will lie and decieve into thinking you will get hammered with hidden costs....
  • roll875roll875 Member Posts: 4
    if you want an automatic .. you may get a very good price in next few weeks . seem to be a lot of the automatics in the 2.0 in stock
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    I finally got to test drive a 2.0T & the 3.8 back to back.

The 2.0T is pretty impressive for what it is. If I had to compare the engine to something, I could point to the 3.0 V-6 in my wife's Audi A6. I was driving it with the AC on and hardly noticed it in terms of making the engine hesitate. I'm sure some of you can appreciate that considering running A/C on a car with a 4-banger meant you weren't going up any hills! The handling felt confident and composed, even over uneven road surfaces. The sales guy asked me to turn onto a long empty street and take it to about 45-50 mph and then slam on the brakes. The stop was effortless, no pull to either side and the brake pedal was firm.

The 3.8 was more impressive simply because of the greater power output. The throttle response was clean, but not as crisp as what you would find in an Audi or BMW. The body was very rigid as I took it up an entrance ramp that had a significant dip from the road surface to the curb, at an angle and the body didn't seem to flex much at all. Going around turns and curves didn't produce much body roll either.

All in all...both cars were a pleasure to drive. The only thing I can really knock either version on is the lack of torque which you notice when you mash the gas pedal. Other than that, if someone were looking at a G37 Coupe, Z37, 3-Series coupe, A5 and didn't want to spend that kind of coin. The Genesis Coupe is a very viable option. Heck, with the money you save, you can do a few performance mods to make it a bit more exciting.
    I just noticed in the papers that there is a$4K+ rebate or price rollback on the 2.0T, making the starting price under $20K CAD. If there are no fine print or other catch, that would make the 2.0T one heck of a bargain, IMO.
  • jordfidjordfid Member Posts: 5
    I live in lower Westchester County, New York and have read that my 2010 3.8 Grand Touring will need snow tires, and perhaps soon.

I have yet to hear from any similar owner that feels the all weathers would work well on this Rear Wheel Drive car.

With that said...

1) My mechanic said that I should not only get new snow tires, but also the wheels for them, which he says is ultimately the better approach for easy on and easy off.

2) When is the best time to by these snow tires and/or to put them on, as in New York it usually doesn't snow till December at best, but can also snow tomorrow.

3) There appear to be many choices in these tires, some more expensive than others, and does it pay to spend more, or...?

4) What is the best way to buy these tires and wheels? Online? At my local Mavis Tires dealer or local tire brick and mortar retailers? Or should I have my mechanic take care of the buying and installing?

Thanks for any advice or insight, much appreciated.

J
  • jazzermp1jazzermp1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Everyone. I'm looking at buying a 2010 Genesis coupe 3.8 automatic with 73,052 miles - a lot in a short time - at a local Hyundai dealer, asking price is $17,208. Any advice on whether or not this is a good idea, what kinds of things can/will/could go or be go wrong. Need to know how the car does in snow and ice - we get both here in SE OH. Thanks in advance for your comments! Cogito, ergo zoom...