Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Lexus RX 350 Deals and Prices Paid

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited July 2014 in Lexus
This discussion was created from comments split from: Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience.

Comments

• btfdbtfd Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013

What would a fair offer be for a 2014 RX 350 with a MSRP of 49,900? I was thinking of a offer that was 8% off the MSRP....any opinions or thoughts? Thanks.

• btfdbtfd Member Posts: 2

Dealer located in Texas.

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222

Hi, btfd -- other members are talking about their buying strategies in the RX 350 Prices Paid & Buying Experience Forum. Check it out!

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092

@btfd said:
    What would a fair offer be for a 2014 RX 350 with a MSRP of 49,900? I was thinking of a offer that was 8% off the MSRP....any opinions or thoughts? Thanks.

Did you look to see if any dealers in your area have signed up with Price Promise and compare with what you're looking to pay? Here is a link to the RX 350 page, http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/rx-350/2014/. Enter your zip code for dealers in your area.

• MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Member Posts: 101

I checked True Market Value pricing for the 2014 RX350, and it looks like most people are paying about 2% under sticker. Still, it can't hurt to offer a little less and see what happens! Or, like Karen said, check out the Price Promise offers in your area and see what they look like. Good luck!

• samy364samy364 Member Posts: 12

First time posting here and I wanted to thank you all for your posts because it helped me negotiate the deal below:

2014 RX 350 F Sport
    MSRP $52,649
    Final Price $47,250
    27 month lease with 10K miles
    MF .001; Resid 70%
    $1000 out of pocket and $510.18 per month

Got this offer from 2 dealers in SoCal, Longo Lexus and Mission Viejo Lexus.
    Good luck!!

• cartman13cartman13 Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2013

@awedio said:

My understanding is $2k only for a purchase and financing through LFS. $500 +1st month for leases with LFS

If you get the. To do the $2k on a lease more power to you!

• awedioawedio Member Posts: 57

My mistake, you were correct. $2k is only for a buy

Leased a '14 RX 350 F Sport (MSRP $52,649)
    Went 24 mo. @ 10K miles
    $1000 out of pocket, $535+ per month

@awedio said:
    Leased a '14 RX 350 F Sport (MSRP $52,649)
    Went 24 mo. @ 10K miles
    $1000 out of pocket, $535+ per month

out of curiosity, why 24 and not 27? was the residual higher for the 24?

I'm not sure if the residual was higher, the 24 mo. payment was $5/mo higher.

Since DMV fees are due at month 24, we thought why pay registration for the whole year & only "have" the car for another 3 months?

• AJ415AJ415 Member Posts: 17

I think there are a few reasons to go 24 months. Awedio hit the first one about the registration. The second is the residual is a little higher on 24 months vs. 27. The third is that is you are leasing now, 24 months puts you back into the whole December to Remember event in two years. Instead of March the next time around.

edited December 2013

AJ415, that's also an excellent point (re Dec. to remember). The Finance Manager & Sales guy at Keyes also mentioned this.

They also said Lexus has a 3 month "trade-out" option where they allow you to get out of your lease if you have 3 months or less.

Can anyone cofirm that?

The 15K service on the RX is said to cost approx $500

Can anyone confirm that?

All our services are included as part of our lease deal

Awedio, Did you want to list the specifics of the deal you made?

edited December 2013

AJ415, no prob

2014 RX 350 F Sport - Grey/Blk interior (MSRP $52,649)

24 mo. @ 10K miles, $1000 out of pocket, $535+ per month

IIRC, the 27 mo. deal had a payment of $527

Later tonight, I will look at the deal sheet for the exact figures

Hmm. Interesting. Was thought I read lexus financial was floating the same residual for 24 and 27 months. What did your residual end up being?

$535 tax included and $1k drive off sounds pretty good. Keyes is always very aggressive. Just hate chrome wheels - which doesn't look like they did to that f-sport thankfully!

It's pretty typical that you can exit a lease 3 months early. But it's usually a balance if positive equity vs your remaining lease payments. Also you can always buy it out early as well. I rarely hit anywhere close to my mileage limit so typically get some money back selling it rather than turning it in.

As for the service $500 seems awfully high. Call a couple dealerships and ask what it costs for a 2013 rx. I think the 20k service is the big one. But 5 and 10k are paid for my lexus. Still by my calc I passed up buying the prepaid service for $400.

Congras on the new ride! Same color combo here!

edited December 2013

Details:

MSRP: $52,649

Itemization of Gross Cap Cost: $49,331.15 = 48631 (agreed upon value) + 700 (acq. fee)

Cap Cost Reduction: $892.14

Adjusted Cap Cost: $48,439.01

Residual: $37,907.28

My original plan was to lease the standard RX with Appearance pkg.

I had never seen an F Sport in person (just pics on the web)

One look at the F Sport, it was a no-brainer!

Paperwork shows 5, 10, 15 & 20K service's are included as part of the lease deal.

edited December 2013

@AJ415 said:
    I think there are a few reasons to go 24 months. Awedio hit the first one about the registration. The second is the residual is a little higher on 24 months vs. 27. The third is that is you are leasing now, 24 months puts you back into the whole December to Remember event in two years. Instead of March the next time around.

Looks like the 24mo. residual is approx 72%

52649 x 72% = 37907.28 (my residual value)

• nattinonattino Member Posts: 2

Hi can someone tell me if this is a good deal? We negotiated with a bunch of dealers in tristate area and it seems this is the best we got so far. Would like some feedback that should we take it now or should we wait until June 2014?

MSRP total $50030 (without tax, with delivery processing $910, they also throw in a remote start for free)

2014 Lexus RX 350 AWD - base price 41160

• comfort Package (heated and ventilated seat, HID, etc) $1340
    • Navi, backup camera $2775
    • Parking assist $500
    • premium package $2760
    • Wood leather trim steering wheel $330
    • Cargo mat etc $ 255

We are going to take the 2000 rebate with 60 months finance (3.9% APR). The final price is $44000 plus tax. I see some post here have the 2.9% APR, my credit is excellent (800+) so I wonder if the dealer is pocketing that 1%.
    Plan to payoff the finance after 90 days since all cash deal does not have the $2000 rebate (is this true?)

We will also trade in our 2009 IS 250 AWD with a bit over 35000 miles for $18000. Can't get better deal even the KBB trade in is 19000.

Any feedback is appreciated!!

• nattinonattino Member Posts: 2

Hi can someone tell me if this is a good deal? We negotiated with a bunch of dealers in tristate area and it seems this is the best we got so far. Would like some feedback that should we take it now or should we wait until June 2014?

MSRP total $50030 (without tax, with delivery processing $910, they also throw in a remote start for free)

2014 Lexus RX 350 AWD - base price 41160

• comfort Package (heated and ventilated seat, HID, etc) $1340
    • Navi, backup camera $2775
    • Parking assist $500 - premium package $2760
    • Wood leather trim steering wheel $330
    • Cargo mat etc $ 255

We are going to take the 2000 rebate with 60 months finance (3.9% APR). The final price is $44000 plus tax. I see some post here have the 2.9% APR, my credit is excellent (800+) so I wonder if the dealer is pocketing that 1%. Plan to payoff the finance after 90 days since all cash deal does not have the $2000 rebate (is this true?)

We will also trade in our 2009 IS 250 AWD with a bit over 35000 miles for $18000. Can't get better deal even the KBB trade in is 19000.

Any feedback is appreciated!!

What do you guys think of this deal. I am planning on leasing and found a dealer that still has a new 2013 RX 350 on their lot. MSRP is $48,045 and the dealer is offering $40,500. Keep in mind this is for a lease so no $2,000 financing cash. I'm not sure if I should consider this or pay a little more for the 2014. Here are the specs on the car:

PM Premium PKG $2,260.00

perforated leather trim interior
    driver seat memory
    steering wheel memory
    rear armrest storage w/cover
    one-touch open/close pwr tilt/slide moonroof w/sunshade
    pwr folding auto-dimming heated outside mirrors w/memory
    roof rails

AP Sport Appearance PKG $1,100.00

F sport 19" x 7.5" split 5-spoke alloy wheels w/superchrome finish
    235/55VR19 all-season tires
    F sport front bumper
    F sport lower grille insert

EK Premium Audio System $0.00

(12) speakers

NV Navigation PKG $2,775.00

HDD navigation
    remote touch navigation controller
    advanced voice command voice recognition system
    enhanced Bluetooth hands-free phone system w/SMS text-to-speech
    wide-view backup camera
    SiriusXM NavTraffic
    NavWeather
    sports & stocks
    fuel prices w/(1) year subscription
    Lexus Enform w/(1)year subscription
    Lexus Insider
    Lexus display audio pkg
    premium audio system

HS Heated & Ventilated Front Seats $640.00

WU WOOD/LEATHER-Wrapped Steering Wheel & Shift Knob $330.00

PA Intuitive Parking Assist $500.00

Z1 Preferred Accessory PKG $255.00

cargo net
    cargo mat
    wheel locks

Seems like a decent deal on the car, but I'm curious what the lease MF and residuals are on the 2013 RX. It's a pretty hefty discount from MSRP, so if the residual isn't horrible you probably do well with this deal. You should check to see if you are elgible for any of the other lease incentives ($500 lease cash, and first month paymnet)

Also, if MF is higher due to leasing a 2013, you should consider using a MSD to buy down the MF. If you tend to take care of your cars and don't have really high miles, the MSD makes a lot of sense.

@AJ415 said:
    What do you guys think of this deal. I am planning on leasing and found a dealer that still has a new 2013 RX 350 on their lot. MSRP is $48,045 and the dealer is offering $40,500. Keep in mind this is for a lease so no $2,000 financing cash. I'm not sure if I should consider this or pay a little more for the 2014. Here are the specs on the car:

>

• pilicatpilicat Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

Hi,

I have been doing my research in this forum on the RX350 for a while and thanks for so many people's contributions. Now, it comes my own deal I got from a Lexus dealer at Maryland. I would like to ask people's thoughts to see if it is a good deal before I go back to the dealer.

2014 RX350 5-door SUV 4X4:

Standard Features with
    1) Comfort package
    2) Navigation system w/Voice Command
    3) Intuitive Parking Assist
    4) Premium Package
    5) Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift Knob
    6) Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Lock

$43,500 plus $3,680 (Tax, Tag, processing fee, etc.). The price is for a lease price of the RX350. Total: 47,180

Thanks,

• johnd25johnd25 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2013

Seattle, WA
    2014 RX350 f-sport MSRP $52,639, invoice $49,792
    Got price of $750 under invoice.

Here is the final breakdown:

Invoice: $49,792
    Savings: $ -750
    Adj. price: $49,042
    Sales Tax: $4,806.12
    Est. Licese: $300.00
    Doc Fee: $150.00

Total with all fees: $54,298.12

2 dealerships via emails. Settled over the phone with General Sales Manager - no in-person deals. Hope it is helpful.

• kseshadrkseshadr Member Posts: 24

Has anyone used TrueCar service to buy a 350? Thanks

• soulsurfer2soulsurfer2 Member Posts: 32

@soulsurfer2 said:
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? Getting close to year end and ready to take the plunge.

Thanks everyone for your honest input, I was able to get an F Sport for $47.4K or $2.5K off invoice. This seems like a reasonable deal.

• pb007pb007 Member Posts: 16

Hi Everyone,

Just inked this deal today in NJ:

2014 Rx 350 F Sport.

Navigation, Blind Spot Monitoring, Parking Assist, Preferred Accessory Package (Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, & Key Gloves)

MSRP: $52,390

Sale price: $47,100 - $50 (Free customized plates through DMV) = $47050.

12k miles, .0010 MF, 69% Residual

Upfront Costs: $329 Doc, $700 Bank Fee, DMV, 1st month

$494.75 per month.

They tried some shady shite but luckily this forum has taught me well. Originally tried to charge me $520 per month until I called them on their bluff. Thanks to all of you...

Actually just ran the numbers again. Looks like I got a $46,375 Sale price on this. I originally didn't consider the current incentives. I probably could have held out for a few more $ but I was tired & hungry & would easily have paid some money not to look at those faces any more....

Plus I got the additional $50 bonus on the free customized plates (because of the frustration at the dealership, too much to describe here.)

That is the only way my monthly can be $494.75.

Seems like a great deal to me, would love to hear comments in case I made a mistake somewhere!

• maks71maks71 Member Posts: 8
    @pilicat
    Which dealer you went with in MD?
    Can you please list exact packages you got?
    Did price of 43.5k include rebate of 2k from lexus finance?

Would appreciate your response. I would like to close deal before 2 incentive is over which is tomorrow. .

thanks

maks71 - which dealer are you visiting? i intend to buy tomorrow as well...perhaps we can "pool" offers?

@kseshadr said:
    maks71 - which dealer are you visiting? i intend to buy tomorrow as well...perhaps we can "pool" offers?

Good idea. Where are you located? I'm in NC.

edited January 2014

Hello,

I'm in market to buy 2014 RX-350 with following options.

AWD
    Premium Package w/ Blind Spot detector
    Comfort Package.
    Navigation Package
    Intutive Parking.
    19" Alloy Wheels
    Cargo Accessories Package.
    Wood & leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift Nob.

MSRP is showing up around 51K. Can people who bought recently share how much they paid for Car with similar options. Basically like to know how much off the MSRP is possible.

Edmunds TMV shows around 49k , that seems much higher than what some of the post suggest. around 43-44k.

Thanks in advance for your prompt answers.

Thanks.

Ok, so update. Picked up the car yesterday & got all the paperwork.

Sale price on the contract is $47075.

$1016.24 in rebates & incentives

I still can't get the numbers to add up exactly, because at 47,075 payments should be $522.

At 47075 - 1016.24, payments should be $484.

I am paying $494.15 per month.

Maybe the extra amount is the luxury tax in NJ? Thats basically an additional $200 or so.

Any insights?

Platinum Warranty - just bought an RX 350 and would like to buy a 125k 6 year warranty ( I drive a LOT!) - read on several forums to try out-of-state dealers, but apparently this has been disallowed by Lexus as of 3 weeks ago. Apparently now I can only get warranties from in-state (Maryland) dealers.

Anyone have a good idea of what prices I can get 6 yr. /125k Lexus platinum for before I call around?

Any opinion on the excess wear & tear warranty offered on leases? They say its $750 but went down to $600.

If I plan on going into another lease at the end of this one, is it really worth it? My assumption is they will be forgiving on any minor dings / dents etc

Looks like this is pretty good deal. Did you buy the car at this rate? Which dealership was it?

@AJ415 said:

• kamesamkamesam Member Posts: 1

Hi I am new to these forums. I bought a RX 350 today in NJ. here you get only two trims. one with everything including navigation package, the other w/o navigation, but pretty much all else.
    I bought the one without navigation. MSRP: 47415. Invoice: 44823 (according to truecar). Edmunds estimates TMV as 45492. i was able to buy the car for 41291, which includes the 2000 rebate from Lexus. My confidence in Edmunds is shaken. Can anyone explain the difference ? Thank you.

• rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184

Used car pricing is even worse when it comes to online values being thousands off from what you will be offered by a dealer. I think there are some strange, under-the-table things going on in the car business that just don't get captured or divulged, and all the online "car value" services (Edmunds, KBB, NADA) can't seem to keep up with reality out there. Or maybe dealers just don't report stuff like they used to.

Hello

Does anyone know are there any catches regarding 2000$ rebate on financing with lexus?
    whats the minimum period you need to maintain the loan?

Also during negotiation with sales guy , is it necessary to include this in the deal? I.e. Can you discuss this directly with finance guy keeping sales guys completely out?

• jfkuserjfkuser Member Posts: 2

I am also looking for same package. Can you please let me know which dealer you went to in NJ. Also, is the 2000 rebate with 2.99% APR with dealer financing?

• jfkuserjfkuser Member Posts: 2

@kamesam said:
    Hi I am new to these forums. I bought a RX 350 today in NJ. here you get only two trims. one with everything including navigation package, the other w/o navigation, but pretty much all else.
    I bought the one without navigation. MSRP: 47415. Invoice: 44823 (according to truecar). Edmunds estimates TMV as 45492. i was able to buy the car for 41291, which includes the 2000 rebate from Lexus. My confidence in Edmunds is shaken. Can anyone explain the difference ? Thank you.

Hi kamesan,

Can you pls let me know which dealer you went to in NJ?

• kazaparukazaparu Member Posts: 9

@kamesam said:

Is it on road price? I got final offer from local dealer in VA for on road price of $42,500 (including 4% sales tax of VA) for similar vehicle of $48,200 MSRP.

• krishnarkrishnar Member Posts: 12

I got a price quote of 45000 on a 2014 RX350 FWD with

Navigation, Comfort Package, Park Assist, 19" Alloy Wheels and Premium Package with Blind Spot Monitor

Is this the best I can get? This is pricing from dealerships in Dallas.

Thanks

Krishna

The 45000 price quote on the 2014 RX350 FWD for the below options is before TTL:

Navigation, Comfort Package, Park Assist, 19" Alloy Wheels and Premium Package with Blind Spot Monitor

• nikha1nikha1 Member Posts: 3

@aj650,

This is Nikha. I was on a vacation to home country and couldn't respond to your post due to lack of internet facility. Did you buy the car of your interest ?

• jcollum68jcollum68 Member Posts: 14

I am looking to buy either a 2013 RX 350 new or new 2014 RX 350 with AWD, Navigation, Comfort, Park Assist, Premium w/Blind Assist. Two questions. It seems there is no reliable way to find online the remaining 2013 inventory and dealers always play games. Am I missing something? The inventory posted online is never what the dealer actually has. Second, if I get a 2014, what are the current incentives? It appears it is $1000 cash back or 0.9 financing up to 60 months. I have never purchased a Lexus, but Mercedes and BMW's and so far calling area Lexus dealers feels a lot like buying a ford or chevy, not many straight answers so far, very disappointing. I am located in NE Ohio.

I am expecting the pricing on the options below for 44000 and 1.9% financing (also additional $1000 lexus incentive). Any input on whether anyone has been able to get similar or better pricing? If not, I will purchase this car in the next couple of days.

2014 RX350 FWD for the below options is before TTL: